What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I wish but no cut and paste yet.

@Starwing6 Fantastic pics! The house looks great and the hot springs/pool is amazing. Love that. Really nice use of the terrain.

Tyrax Lightning and rucky like this.
  2. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

@Starwing6

WOA!

Beyond words!

but a question here too: how do you get the water in? Was it there already and you only had luck to get such a cool mountain lake?!

Tyrax Lightning and Starwing6 like this.
  3. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

It's a little tedious but it's fairly straightforward once you get the hang of it.

4. 68plex

68plex Captain

Haha... I bet the devs sometimes wish for the less stressful environment of working at Mcdonalds... even during lunchtime rush :D

Believe it or not, I'm actually relieved to hear this is a bug experienced by others, because never before has a bug made me feel like I was in the Twilight Zone. Gave me a chill seeing that. I felt like I was the protagonist in some spacy SciFi horror novel experiencing some strange alien phenomenon revealing my actual fate in some altered universe. :D I can tell you I didn't touch that thing at all. I just got the hell out of there as fast as I could.

And yes, having our ships ripped apart would be very cool. Although, my Effraim StarFighter would (and will be, if they implement such a thing) be a death trap in such case because of its design.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Fully awesome ! loving this, I wish I could place my villa on top of your mountain there XD

Starwing6 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. Furious Hellfire

You have as wild as an imagination as I do !
    Treasure it for it makes life so much more interesting ;)

Tyrax Lightning and 68plex like this.
  7. Furious Hellfire

So I started work on the SV and this is what I did so far.
    Always an interesting journey updating a ship !

First we rip out this messy lump of non airtight inverted transparent window shutters.
    ffgg.png

Then we had to drop the cockpit one level in order to get the new front sloped and nicely in place.
    jkjkjk.png

Now for the lift thrusters, originally 3 small and 1 medium, all of which were exposed on the inside as floor panels, not a good thing in 6.0 heat.
    We remove the small thrusters centre middle and replace them with medium thrusters which are blended into the landing struts.
    fff.png
    kkkk.png
    Upwards thrust is now slightly improved but still not great for overall lift power.

some horizontal thrusters backs would appear as floor panels in the cockpit, too hot, have now pushed them outside the cockpit as well as the last uplift thruster, no more heat pollution here !
    hdjsfgjfgjs.png

Rear cabin no longer has thrusters in its floor, no more heat pollution there.
    jfgdfsdf.png

so now we have
    -new front end
    -better thruster placement
    -slightly increased lift power
    -airtight cockpit.

I then considered the colours but this is something I just cannot settle on atm, went with a black and red to start, will think of something else later. yyy.png

No doubt more to come.

8. 68plex

68plex Captain

Right on!

9. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

I've still got few of the 6.0 designs in the line, waiting to be published in the Steam Workshop. Here's one:

RAIDO CORPORATION TIGERSHARK

Asymmetrical strike fighter with some decent firepower to take out POI's.

>>Steam Workshop

20170703084458_1.jpg 20170703084601_1.jpg
    I really like to have some 'roleplay' aspect in my ships so I try to make even the small SV's like they would be real and functioning vessels. So for example maintenance hatches for the ships various different functions. That has kinda stuck with me ever since I made the first vessel for Empyrion :)

20170703084619_1.jpg 20170703084629_1.jpg

10. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

@rainyday and this time with really good lateral thrusters!!! NICE!!!

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  11. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Yeah this build was made with performance in mind too - its a fighter meant for combat after all. :) Nothing crazy, but it's responsive enough for my liking atleast.

Tyrax Lightning and rucky like this.
  12. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Nice architecture and clever use of the terrain. Kudos!

13. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

Yeah, the water was already there. Timo found it by chance while gathering pentaxid on the mountain, and he decided to leap from there without a nice plank or anything! I don't know what possessed him to try that, but I'm glad he did :)

14. The BigBadBiscuitnibbler

The BigBadBiscuitnibbler Lieutenant

I tried out manning my base cannon turret today. Once in that view I couldn't get out! There is no control listed for manual turret switching other than the access in control panel and there's nothing at all about how to get out of it. I had to reboot the game. Can anyone please tell me what the 'exit turret view' button is? it's a game breaker as my old lappy struggles when loading and it takes too long for having to relog every time I want to use my cannon turret. Thanks for the help peeps. :D

15. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Press the F key (default) to leave turrets.

16. The BigBadBiscuitnibbler

The BigBadBiscuitnibbler Lieutenant

Well it's not the F key.. i darn near bashed that sucker into oblivion to no avail.. i using alpha 6.3.1 could it be a bug?

Thanks for the speedy reply btw.

17. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Have you changed your OPEN/USE keybind?

18. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

The F-Key (better said OPEN/USE-Key, but only when in Turret-Mode, not the Control-Panel-View ;-)
    I think you "changed" - better said you thought you changed into the control panel view, but in truth were still in the turret.
    You can switch into another turret when in the Control-Panel-view, right, but to exit the turret(s), you have to first leave the control panel and then hit OPEN/USE, default the F-Key.

rainyday and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Even weirder yet, ya are somehow Showered afterwards despite the fact that ya never actually stepped into the Stall & yet the Water somehow Auto-Magically got to you, did its job, then Auto-Magically flew back into the Stall to go down its Drain! :p

I was tempted to point this out too, then figured "Why bother?"... Civilians will be Civilians. :p

Yep, known Bug the Devs are still having a damn hard time trying to figure out how to get found & fixed through & through. One time long long ago before the Age of Homers, I was testing my Warrior SV against a Slam's Dogfighting CV & he just couldn't hit me no matter what & I was winning... so he resorted to Head On Ramming me, & as I was firing into him as I flew at him I realized what he was doing too late & we Head On Collisioned! I ended up firing as I was stuck in his Ship's Living Room that was getting Force Fed down my SV's throat till my SV choked on it & I Cockpit died for the Battle Loss. after I Respawned, bits & pieces of that CV Living Room were still stuck in my SV's Wreckage! XD (Still my most hilarious PvP Death to date! ^_^ )

That's how long this has been around. When Creation Bounding Boxes get stuck or shoved into each other too much buggy stuff can still be prone to happen... especially Interactions between Base Bounding Boxes & CV Bounding Boxes. Ironically it'd be kinda cool if stuff like this could non-Bug happen legitly from such Events, like if a CV crashed into a Space Base, having bits & pieces of each other's Wreckage stuck in each other would actually add Cool Factor to the Event imho. :)

The 'Auto-Magic' Tank, O2, & Ammo Filling from Player Inventory to Cargo from the Cockpit Seat still feels Mega Cheaty to me, so I do the same. I've decided to become Amicable to Hand Accessing only one O2/Fuel Tank & having that Fill them all deciding that they could have some kinda Internal Piping Connections through the Hull Blocks between them Interconnecting them in a Failsafe kinda way, this feels 24th Century to me. Magic Teleporting of Materials from Player to those Devices through a complete & utter lack of any way in hell the Cockpit could possibly have some kinda O2 & Fuel Intake Port & there any way in hell the Pilot could Operate the O2 Canisters & Fuel Packs in such a cramped space still feels all sorts of wrong to me.

I'm still keeping my stuff Manual Accessible partially outta this belief, & partially just in case the Cheaty Magic Fill Cockpit thing someday goes Bye Bye.

Plan B, one can also try using the Esc Key. :)

For the Topic: I'm building a Space Base for living in for future play cause i've given up on ever being able to Hand Craft a Underground Base for future MP Play every Server Incarnation. I can't quit dreaming way too big on it.

binhthuy71 likes this.
  20. 68plex

68plex Captain

Hehe... You're right, that is hilarious!!! Thx for sharing that... it really tickled me :)

What you say apparently sheds light on what happened because, as you can see in the picture, I was trying to get the exit on the bottom of my CV very close to the entrance of the base to make a quick entry, and I think - with my stellar flying skills... ahem - I may have knocked into it a few times. I guess the Base Bounding Boxes and my CV Bounding Boxes knocking together is what caused the bug to happen, because really, the CV took practically zero damage in the quick cleanup operation it was tasked with.

Well, so much for my fantastical imaginings :D