What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hey all,

So, I started a fresh 6.3.1 SP game on Masperon...

Started in the free base, did a little exploring and a little mining, gathering some basic resources before the critters spawn.

Returning to my "Wood Cabin" with a couple of hundred Ores in my backpack, I'm greeted by the welcome sight of a friendly PV making sure nothing nasty happens to my base... Well, not really, bye bye starter base, not even been here a day yet lol.

Luckily my Survival Constructor, deployed near the base, didn't take fire, nor did my Emergency O2 Generator. Lucky really, as the bases O2 Tanks and all my O2 was gone. I'd not even gotten around to powering the base up!!

I craft a few essentials, namely a T1 Multi-Tool, dismantle any surviving Tech - just a Small Generator and some blocks - pick up everything I could carry, and set off on the Bike. My destination wasn't far, about 700 metres away, and was an Iron Ore resource deposit I'd been mining earlier. My plan was to create an underground base, away from prying eyes.

It's starting to get dark as I'm in the hole, I place my Survival Constructor and Emergency O2 and fuel them up. I'm a little short of Silicon, so I head out to collect some. Bad idea. Whether poor timing on my part, or the developers being out to get me I don't know. However, THREE Nightmares and a couple of Assassins spawn as I'm wandering to the Silicon deposit. I think I manage to escape, thanks to a large body of water, but the Nightmares manage to skim over the surface, maintaining their full speed!

I exit the water, so verrrry slowwwly, and jet-pack hop-run away. I manage to lead the Nightmares - only two are close now - in a round-about route, confusing their senses (or their poor path-finding AI :) ) and head back to my hole. I then proceed to place a Base Starter and build some Concrete over my head.

I'm happily building - I'd crafted a fair number of Concrete Blocks - when I notice the PV approaching. Well, what I actually noticed were the weapon impacts all around me and against my, thankfully, Heavy Armour. I flee underground...

The PV, using its special block-penetrating Radar, targets my Core, burning through several layers of Concrete to get to it. Having no other option, with destruction imminent, I reclaim my Core...calming the PV and it wanders off. Phew. Having bought myself some time, I shore up my Base, patch up a few holes and ponder a cunning plan to "hide" my Core.

The problem with the PV's "special" radar is that it can penetrate blocks with ease. My Core was under an overhang of rock, but only covered by Concrete blocks from a certain angle - the angle the PV approached from. So, using most of my remaining Bio-Fuel (I'd already crafted a couple more) I burrow down and South for about 12 blocks. Slightly away from my Base, I plant my rebuilt Core. Said Core is now invisible to the PV, protected as it as from all angle by native Masperonian rock :)

With the threat of the PV nullified for the moment - at least until I deploy exterior turrets - I just continue to build. I set up a small farm, just three plants, and customise my base a little.

Somewhat prematurely, I consider building an HV. I've not got anywhere near the resources required - I'll need another mining excursion for those - but I do have the blocks and resources to make a proper hanger. It's critical my HV is parked under cover, else the PV will rip it to shreds. I construct a Hangar, large enough for a small HV, and build an entrance and get the place oxygenated.

So, that's where I am now. A fairly decent, oxygenated base. Water and O2 Generators deployed and working, food growing - though not enough - and feeling safe from the PV. What I'm lacking is resources. I have two pistol rounds left and nothing else. The Chainsaw - a Melee weapon of last resort, is back in the wreck of the start base. I could get that I suppose. Still, I'd likely not survive a Melee encounter with...well, anything on Masperon...I've not even going to think about the spitting spiders...

While I've typed this, I've been waiting for daylight, it's here now, so I need to get out and try to snag those resources. Once I have enough, a basic HV is on the cards. Wish me luck.

Scoob.

2. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

@Scoob good luck! Have not yet tried Masperon start - but sounds like a challenge :)

Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  3. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@Scoob , you're handling that Masperon start very nicely. The PV's on non-Akua starts re-noobed me until I tried playing the way I did when I first started with EGS: Act like a rabbit until I get gunned up.

rucky and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I was doing quite well, but the Bike just glitched out on me a couple of times, getting stuck where it should not...while I was on it. Had to resort to God Mode to fix it, and Itemmenu to give me the remedies to the critter bites I sustained while totally stuck. A little frustrating, but good to have the work-around there.

Glitches aside, Masperon really is tough. I can't get anywhere near the locations I previously mined, the places is absolutely swarming with all sorts of nasties. My only hope, which is what I'd been doing when I got glitched, is to find a Civilian POI and raid it for what I need. The surface of Masperon is not survivable without a vehicle...bike doesn't really cut it.

Scoob.

geostar1024, Starwing6, rucky and 3 others like this.
  5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I got a bit surprised by the PV showing up when it did - Hummel confirmed Masperon had been missed for the PV delay tweak. As such, I'm sorta struggling a bit resource-wise as I assumed I had longer before I'd be pestered. That said, the PV isn't currently a thread to my base, but those critters are a challenge on foot. The bike means I can avoid / out-run pretty much anything, but as we all know, it's not quite perfect yet!

Scoob.

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  6. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

One hard stop on an unnoticed little rock can spoil your Masperonian day.

rucky and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yeah, thing is I saw the plant that stopped me, but I was visually no where near it. Then the bike sorta glitched and would not get unstuck at all, hence my reverting to Godmode to unstick it. Obviously on foot and in Heavy Armour I'm pretty easy to catch - terrain exploits aside.

I've been trying to use the bike more as it is much better than it once was, but that makes the glitches a little more jarring. I'd been zooming over the terrain pretty well, deliberately avoiding obstacles and overly-steep inclines. Meant going a round-about route every so often but it worked well - until it didn't lol.

Scoob.

binhthuy71 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  8. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

& yet, there is some Water around the Poles & the Ice Floes in them for Polar Bears & penguins & such to swim. :p

Maybe someday Oscutune will have Polar Ice Caps at its Poles. :)

Psst... i'm pretty sure it's supposed to be spelled "Veggies". :p

Also your naked open to attack Constructors make me go :eek:.

rainyday and binhthuy71 like this.
  9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Got a bit of a dilemma, I've not been able to secure anywhere near the resources I need from my recent circumnavigation of the globe. The new Civilian POI's are a great improvement, however they don't yield quite the goodies they once did.

I've gained a few ores, and enough Magnesium to make a handful of pistol rounds, but that's it. I'm no nearer being able to complete the items I need for a starting HV or SV. ALL resource deposits are swarming with hostiles - mostly critters - and I cannot stop long enough to mine anything. Pondering how best to tackle this...

In summary. Base is secure, O2 is plentiful and I picked up some additional food items to tide me over. However, I'm not equipped for an excursion where I need to stay still and mine for any period of time. I need resources for that!

I could cheese this of course, construct a base starter, plant some blocks & raise myself up above any critters, while mining using the Drone... I could do that, but only as a last resort!

Scoob.

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  10. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

LOL. In the interest of playing a leisurely game I'm shamelessly taking advantage of the rules of engagement for Akua.

And, yes, it's "Veggies." Glad I didn't try to spell "Blancmange."

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  11. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Attached Files:

12. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Point being, antarctica ain't 'Tropical Island' ;)

Tyrax Lightning and Starwing6 like this.
  13. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

That's the way to do it. :) I used to do that a lot. But I tend to go with bit more cheaty way now - I have a 'starter' BP that has starter block hanging in the air. Kinda like stilts - but all the unnecessary blocks except the last ones touching the ground removed.

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  14. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

It was -35 celsius while I was building a landing pad during the night! Whenever I've been in that temperature, there was always plenty of ice and snow. :p

Yesterday I spent some time clearcutting the forest around our base camp so it would be easier to land large CVs, and also to improve the sunset viewing. Here's what it was like before.

[​IMG]

I spent a night in game harvesting so many trees! lol

[​IMG]

Here's the final result of my landscaping. There are a few palm trees and berry bushes left on the hill, but most of them really had to go. I'm sure environmentalists would disapprove of what I've done, but if there were any of them around our location we would probably just shoot them.

[​IMG]

I ran into trouble when I tried to cross the little bay to clear trees around our other parking space. The harvester is a bit unstable to begin with, but I ran into a weird glitch near shore! :oops: The game was really acting up and most of my hotkeys did not work, at least not controls for the HV. I struggled to even get out of the vessel, as if I was not in a vessel or something. After I did get out, I left it there and logged out for a bit.

[​IMG]

Soon after I logged in again, @rainyday also came online and I told him of my little incident. hehe He helped me get the vessel out of the ocean :D

Afterward, I got to work on building a wooden landing platform on the south side of our island camp. We have so many wood planks to build with now! I'm going to build some docks and a pier for us on the north shore, and Timo has marked an area in a beautiful little cove where he plans to build a special holiday resort. :cool:

[​IMG]

I think it's fantastic that we have a winter paradise, and soon a tropical one as well!

15. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

... well that tropical part is still under debate. But two winter paradises isn't bad either :p

LOL, that's the spirit :D

Tyrax Lightning and Starwing6 like this.
  16. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

SV build at halfway and complete. Yes, it's a box with fins and stuff glued on. Building from scratch wasn't difficult as long as I planned ahead.
    Took out a Com Center on the test flight so this SV is good enough for the moment. I'll decorate it while my constructors crank out CV parts.

SVBUILD2.png SVBUILD4.png

17. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Anyone need a tractor beam disabled?

[​IMG]

18. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

There are probably more blocks visible in that pic than I used in my whole game. Amazing work.

19. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Thanks. That room came about because I had a whole bunch of leftover space and nothing practical came to mind so I got a little silly. I should put added a little LCD screen with Ben Kenobi was here.

The station is up to 1.1 million iron ore. Block count 227,309. Device count 12,773. Size class 122. I kinda feel sorry for whoever actually builds it. What if it gets shot up? Good luck tracking down all the damaged blocks and repairing them.

/really need a repair from blueprint option

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  20. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

That's easy.
    :cool:

Just build something bigger with a repair pad and let it land there!!

:cool:

:D

:confused:

wait......

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

??

nevermind.

binhthuy71 and Siege Inc. like this.