What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

This made me smile. :) Nice to see you 'back in the saddle' again - I can imagine that project of that size being bit terrifying at times :p

2. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

A project this big I've got to remember to treat it as a marathon and not a sprint. Do a little bit here, a little bit there, and frequent breaks so I don't burn myself out.

3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Well that was lucky!

I've been struggling since I fired the game up earlier to secure any resources, far far too many hostiles. I went off exploring again, and found myself back at the Settlement I was at previously. There were some unlocked crates I'd missed before, so I got a few suit items and food - the latter most welcome currently.

However, my "Luck" kicked in when a local patrolling Plasma Drone decided to shoot me. It missed, but it hit and O2 tank as I was dodging. This blew the tank, and a couple of others as well as a small Fuel Tank, revealing the Core...with just two hit points remaining!

Using just one of the remaining two Pistol round I had, I finished off the Core! I felt a little guilty, but I had resources I could disassemble now. The next issue is getting them back to base, though thankfully I found some Night Vision goggles too, they'll help.

So, just a quick update. Quite pleased how it turned out. I seem to have been plagued with Bike issues this game start, though I've never had cause to rely on it so much.

Btw: I've done Masperon starts before, however I've NEVER seen so many hostile Critters spawn before.

Scoob.

68plex, Starwing6, binhthuy71 and 6 others like this.
  4. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Hey, Earth has Polar Ice Cap Poles & AlolaHawaii at the same time. :p

It's a thing where if ya ride along the shore then Water Surface flat enough your Hover Engines will keep the HV pushed up above the Water, but if ya Nose Dive water hard enough ya can drive the HV into the Underwater. To get it out, ya tend to have to drive it as close to the Surface as ya can, then hold still & Hover Boost up to the top.

Nah, this is a legit case of Nice Job Fixing It Villain. :p

Edit: Oops, missed a response at first... rectifying.

Yes! :D

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    banksman45 likes this.
  5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Lol, thanks :)

Wait, I'm the villain? Who knew...

...was quite disappointed the NPC's didn't die from the decompression though...just sayin' ;)

Scoob.

banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. Tyrax Lightning

How did ya get that as yourself being the Villain...? o_O

In this case, the Villain was the Drone, who was trying to blow up the Hero, who is you. :rolleyes:

7. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Lol, I thought you were implying me fooling the drone into hitting the Settlement was somehow villainous...I think me stripping it of essential components likely was at least :)

Scoob.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

You know, I've NEVER been so happy to jump into an HV before. Simply travelling over the surface of Masperon and not being terrified of the various dangers a revelation!

With a very basic HV constructed, thanks to parts liberated from a Settlement that had a slight mishap, I'm heading out to gather resources. I'll be using the Drone and my newly constructed T2 Drill, all the while atop my HV, set to hover at full height :)

Scoob.

68plex, Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  9. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

You're forgetting we can't go to the poles... :p

Starwing6 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  10. Tyrax Lightning

Hey, I say anything bearing a Alien Core is a Neutral or Enemy Structure, & that Alien Drone being an idiot & not being careful with its 'Allied Building' & giving its Enemy a chance to defeat its Base the Enemy never shoulda had is all the Drone's Fault. After ya popped the Core, the Structure was then rightfully War Loot. :p

Yet... ;)

11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I can go along with that thinking :)

Late now, but plan next play session is to revisit that Settlement with my now Minigun equipped HV, and see off those Heavy Plasma drones. I'll consider that revenge on behalf of my, ahem, friends in the settlement, for the unprovoked attack said drone made.

Scoob.

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  12. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Waiting to see whats the next new features coming to this game and testing the armor on my ship.

Red Alert Battle stations !!!!
    Screenshot (144).png

Man I wished this game had shields. LOL
    Screenshot (150).png

Time to board and loot!!!

Screenshot (148).png

13. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Commander

Coming [​IMG]

Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  14. doctorsound

doctorsound Ensign

Finally adding some space after a recent restart. I've focused a lot more on livable CVs, but I've been really happy with how staying based out of Akua has worked out so far. I'm just frustrated because I built have the tower with my blocks rotated, and I'm too lazy to rotate them the right direction. 20170708011510_1.jpg 20170706233949_1.jpg 20170708011409_1.jpg 20170708011203_1.jpg

15. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Finished! Only about 2 months time....

Main.jpg

She's a LR Scout/Explorer. I can even fit the Drill Bots in the Hangar :)

16. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

WOW! This build is so impressive. :cool: I look forward to seeing more of it.

That issue I've known for a long time and I had no trouble getting over the water and cruising along to my destination. I did run into some technical issue as I got close to shore. It could've been server lag or a glitch, but it certainly wasn't the typical fail HVs can have over water.

17. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Just had a slightly random event...

The local Masperon PV, that's been buzzing my base but not firing due to me having now exposed devices and a well-buried Core, just flew up to my base once again. However, this time it started firing at one of my walls, seemingly randomly. Judging by the trajectory - assuming the wall was getting between the PV and its intended target - I cannot actually think what it may have been shooting it.

I happened to be in my Hangar at the time, about to head out, so I whipped out my T2 Multi-tool (lucky find!) and was repairing the damage as it one done. After a few seconds however the PV wandered off again - not the usual behaviour, once it "sees" something it usually just keeps firing.

Anyway, not a full "Today in Empyrion" entry, but a worthy snippet containing slightly unusual behaviour methinks...

Back to the game for a bit, until I have to go out and see...people...urgh lol.

Edit: I suspect the PV can "see" my HV parked in its Hangar. After several in-passing attacks now by the PV, it does appear to be triangulated on my HV. This is different, as previously a visually hidden and powered-down HV and SV were invisible. Certainly on my prior Omicron and Ningues game starts, parking an HV or SV out in the open was asking for trouble, but the PV ignored them once I build a hangar. Has something regarding targeting changed, I must have missed the notes on that.

Basically, my base isn't as secure as I thought it was, at least when my HV is present... I could try building a fully underground hangar...that'll be fun, I have plenty of Fuel and O2, plus I now have a 3x3 Farm for Canned Veg, so am self-sufficient pretty much.

Scoob.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    68plex and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

Last night I had such a great time playing! When I logged in, it was during a midnight storm. :D I spent some time watching the storm to try to capture a lighting shot. I really enjoy hunting them because it takes so much instinct to press the button before I even see the lightning, and I caught a couple but this one is special to me.

[​IMG]

I felt like I was wasting time though, so I got to work doing daily tasks like emptying pumps, etc. It didn't take long for Timo to log on as well, and @rainyday suggested scouting, and led the way to the nearby Farm. There are friendly NPCs there now! :cool:

[​IMG]

So here I am asking, "How's it goin' eh?" but they seemed depressed. I was like, "Well cheer up, I'll clean out your fridge and unwanted junk for you!"

[​IMG]

Afterward we took out the turrets on the Com Center--I focussed on shooting down drones and avoiding fire because my SV is super light and can be brought down with a single hit to the right spot. Then we geared up and went for the Epsilon Weapons Factory. The successful strike on the Com Center showed me that a group assault is pretty safe for me if I just focus on what my vessel is capable of. I had a great time taking out one turret on the factory while it couldn't even target me. :p

Our raid on the Weapons Factory was the most fun POI raid I've enjoyed so far, and one point made me laugh until I cried. We reached an armoured door and @rainyday planted an explosive charge. I took distance... but not quite enough. :oops: I was down to less than 200 hit points so I was going to laugh about how silly of me to be that close, but I heard that death groan! Uh-oh. I turned around to see him and his backpack go down.

Timo caught up to our location and said in chat that we'll wait, no rush. Then I was thinking the shutter windows above the door would be easier to blow out. The enemies wouldn't jump over the wall or anything. So I told Timo to stand clear and I planted a charge on one window. Right as the charge went off, @rainyday arrived on the scene and was killed by the blast. :eek: I couldn't believe it, nor could I have ever planned such an event. On top of blowing up my squadmate I was laughing about it until I got tears in my eyes--how rude! lol

The whole POI was an amazing experience, and we also found good loot. I did get lost in the maze of hallways and elevators three times, but that place was truly wonderful. :)

19. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

My DroneHunters got Reinforcements!

[​IMG]

From right to left:

MK I : Early/Low cost Scout and DroneHunter
    MK II : Mainstay DroneHunter, Scout and Area Defense Fighter
    MK III : Deep Space Superiority AttackFighter
    MK IV : Deep Space Small Group Drop and Gunship

Code:

Comparison Chart:
    =================

Variant      Build   Hardened Weapons   
                 Level    Steel   Count  Gatlings Rockets Homing  Railguns

MK I           12       -        5       2       3       -       -
    MK IIEarly     10       -        7       4       3       -       -
    MK II          15       X        7       4       -       3       -
    MK III         15       X       11       4       -       4       3
    MK IV          15       X       11       4       -       3       4

Variant      Speed/Acceleration/Manoeverability (higher is better)
                  Accel  Brake Lateral [m/s²] /  Pitch   Yaw [deg/s²]

MK I           75     30     51           /  17.01  15.04
    MK IIEarly     41     15     27           /  11.61  10.61
    MK II          76     25     51           /  14.88  13.60
    MK III         69     27     50           /  11.93   9.74
    MK IV          62     31     34           /  10.98   8.96

The DroneHunter-Series:
    =======================

This is all about High agile scout and combat Vessels, in short:
    SCHAC-Fighters! (Super Compact High Agility Combat)

What's better than Armor at your Craft?
    Manoeverability! 'Cause it's better to not get hit in the first place!

What's the Difference to my Omega-Series?
    The Omega-Series are more block-shaped high armored vessels with having most Thrusters (besides the back ones) hidden behind Armor.
    It's kind of Cheating and possibly not functioning in the Future of Empyrion.
    The DroneHunters on the other Hand have nearly all Thrusters either visible or venting outside or at least are connected in series to outer ones.

That's the philosophy behind the DroneHunter Series.

What are these Manoeverability values about?
    Ahead Acceleration/Brake : important combat stat (anything >20 is alright) - Getting ahead and back while strafing to dodge incoming fire!
    Lateral Acceleration : very important combat stat (we want at least >20 here) - We're doing Strafe runs against Enemy turrets!
    Pitch/Yaw : very important stat (>10 is very good, <4 is inadequately!) - For smooth fine tuning Mouse movements!

The Variants:
    =============

Early small low cost Fighter, the SV_DroneHunter_MKI:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=951410059

Small, fast and deadly armored Fighter, the SV_DroneHunter_MKII:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954048059

The early low cost variant (SV_DroneHunter_MKIIEarly):
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=958927352

Now we're getting serious: Bigger, badder, more Weaponz! SV_DroneHunter_MKIII:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/itemedittext/?id=970507021

This one is a Dropship/Transport variant while still maintaining high Agility and Firepower!! SV_DroneHunter_MKIV:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=970507316

New:
    ====

MKIII:

[​IMG]

and MKIV:

[​IMG]

20. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

I finished the last job on my E-D Python: lighting my engineroom/HV-hangar area.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]