What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

What happened when I attacked a POI with a micro-SV.
    EX_SV1.png EX_SV2.png

68plex, Starwing6, banksman45 and 4 others like this.
  2. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Usually I take out the POI turrets with a regular SV or HV, and use a mini-SV like yours inside the POI.

3. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

4. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

;-) exactly!

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Ahh, then were ya referring to driving from Shore onto the Water? I've heard of peeps encountering this kinda trouble when trying to make such a transition if the Shore one is doing it from is sufficiently steep compared to the Water Level. This makes it easy to have the HV attempting the Transition too steep angled & ending up staying on the Land during the Transition & ending up in the Water instead of on it. To avoid this, it tends to be necessary for the HV Driver to manually tilt up the nose of the HV to flatten out the driving transition from Land to Water... similar to how one might do as they attempt to Transition from flattish Land to a semi-steep Hill/Mountainside. :)

This is a awesome Shot! :D

*Nabs to use as a 'Slideshow Pic that does not Suck'.* :p

Though a feasible option... where's the Guts in that? :p

banksman45 and Kassonnade like this.
  6. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I had my share of thrills a few hundred deaths ago... Since the mini-SV has cargo boxes, think of this as a way to avoid running back and forth between the ship parked outside and the POI just because the inventory is already full of ammo and bandages before opening the first crate. ;)

rucky and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@Kassonnade , @rainyday , it seemed an honorable end for the SV. I'd built it very early in this game and then added things as I needed them. It was obsolete once I finished building a full size SV. My poor impulse control led to its demise on an otherwise routine errand to mark a home site. Dealing with the POI's main weapons left me miraculously still airborne about 6m above the POI. True, I had only down thrust and one side thruster left but I would be able to herd the SV back to my encampment. Kicking in the side thruster entangled me in an adjacent grove of trees which was apparently sacred to the armed robots of the POI because they all started shooting at me from various points. :D

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    68plex, rucky, rainyday and 2 others like this.
  8. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I can't wait for that!!

9. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Captain

Finished and spawned in a hakon, which is now ubdergoing heavy modification to convert the entire section from the deck forwards into an internal hanger/workshop/cargo bay.

Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  10. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Commander

Wow... nice ship

Tyrax Lightning and Razorwire like this.
  11. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

:D
    Saw Phoenix's beautiful Anaconda on the workshop and there wasn't a python, so I thought I'd give it a go. Made a Viper mkiii SV to go with it too, but I'm not sure it fits in the hangar door...

12. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Commander

Shoulda posted these a little while back but these are from going around the system.

Two Separate views of Masperon while in orbit along with it's moon.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=961744122
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=961744067
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can't remember which planet this one is... but it's a good shot.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=961744010
    [​IMG]

One image I'm uploading is Omicron after raiding a military POI and you can see the drone base and another POI off in the distance during sunrise.

[​IMG]

I think the last image here is from Masperon's moon (I think)

[​IMG]

Edit: freaking images breaking, appears the site won't let you link images from steam, LAME!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  13. Isil`Zha

Isil`Zha Commander

We've taken a break the last few days from our survival server; updates on other games we've been checking out, but in the meantime, I started a project in creative mode that plan to factory in our survival once it's finished. It's... going to be a bit of a project. Took me a bit just to get the skeleton of the ship mapped out, and then I iterated through a few engine nacelle designs. It's.. a bit long. 3 gravity generators mapped out to maximum range long.

[​IMG]

In fact it's so long, there are going to be a couple of hallways spanning most of the length of the ship, specifically for some micro SVs to act as rapid transport, internally, from one end to the other. :D

14. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Added some weapons platforms around the planets in my game to give the Aliens as much fire power as I have and they work a little too well.
    THE ALIENS ARE WINNING. lol
    Screenshot (191).png

Screenshot (206).png

Had to land my ship had enough .lol
    Screenshot (212).png

15. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Building new capital vessel to take on the newly added space bases and weapons platforms I have given the Alien AI. They are a little too strong for the rest of my ships .lol

Screenshot (165).png

Screenshot (166).png

Screenshot (168).png

16. Supercrab

Supercrab Commander

1. wake up (at night i go in a medic station and rest)
    2. use the toilette
    3. use the shower
    4. eat breakfast (fruit pie, salami, Kavvae coffee, and sometimes waffles if i have eggs)
    5. harvest my plants if they are grown
    6. go to my oxygen and hydrogen generators, and get hydrogen and oxygen.
    7. shop
    8. mine resources if i am lacking, if i have full resources i rest or march around Akua in my sv for fun
    9. eat lunch (pizza when im not in a diet or ratatouille if im in a diet, water, ham or steak, pumpkin cookies for desert.
    10. play (go hunting, raiding bases, exploring) i always go hunting first.
    12. watch the sunset while eating popcorn and Kavvae coffee.
    13. eat dinner (dino soup, water, bread and honey for desert)
    14. go to the village and party (kill villagers if i am in bad mood and talk with the villagers if i am in good mood)
    15. sleep (go in a medic station)
    16. repeat

17. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

This time something different from me.
    I can construct small things, like small Bases or Fighters just fine - as I think, even small Base-CVs, but I suck at constructing BIG things. I don't know why, it is like it is... :-(
    I really salute you for your cool nice stuff you are all able to archive!!

But I do modifiying bigger things, like CVs, like the NeutroExplorer, a fine (small... eh.... yes....) CV, really nice one.
    But for me not sufficient for my survival needs.

Then the Ships from Pyston (as an example only!), oh I love(d) these ships, I really do! Wonderful design (I'd never be able to do myself), but again, for my survival gameplay... not sufficient.
    (That's not a complaint to him, absolutely not, I just... uhm... like it more practicable, you know ;-)

Then I came to my Dream-CV, called Rev's Base. WOA!! That's exactly what I want! But it's size 9, never got to build such a huge - in my sense ;-) - thing in survival... as I thought back in the days...
    (btw. at the moment I can build the Earthshine right away and still have enough left for a small fleet of my DroneHunters...)

Then he put a smaller one on his workshop! Size 4! I could have kissed him! - eh.... no... not..... nevermind....

Now I had something to work on. And I changed a few things... made it faster, more weapons, more fuel, some interior changes, switches, sensors.... and I'm getting closer to my true dream ship...

Could this be the problem I never can be satisfied with my own approaches?!

Ah, nevermind, guys (and girls), I'm only bubbling to myself here, my profil page wouldn't let me blather on so much stuff....

But okay, to get something useful for you here.... some pics for your pleasure!

(these are from my actual survival playthrough!)

[​IMG]

Front side. Intimidating as I think :)

[​IMG]

Left side with outside docked DroneHunters MKI and MKIII.

[​IMG]

Right side with docked OmegaFighter and ThunderTank (not from me).

[​IMG]

Cockpit/Control room with 6 main switches: Thrusters, Brakes, Grav, O2 (not yet), Drills, SpaceOnly Weapons.

[​IMG]

Medic bay.

[​IMG]

Private room.

[​IMG]

Garden, Kitchen. In the back you see my Fridge-Storage-SV.

[​IMG]

BIG Hangar (Doors at Front and Back) with DroneHunter MKII and a Scout-Hover (not by me). At the back 2x big Cargo-Storage-SVs (7x7 Boxes! ;-)

(on a sidenote: you see it's evolving ;-) first the OmegaFighter, then the DroneHunter... then MKII and lastly the newly MKIII... and I STILL have room for MORE!! haha ;-)

[​IMG]

Other side with the closed SkyRocketSled Variant and my main working area, again 2x Cargo-Storage-SVs, ...

[​IMG]

... this time in a 7x4 Variant with added Constructors and more...

[​IMG]

It's a fine Ship and an even finer Base! And still a lot of space available!!

[​IMG]

... and after my tunings it's definitive not a brick!!

(Modified Version will be on my Workshop soon, awaiting okay from the original author...)

Edit: Steam-Link now available:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=972240668

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  18. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

After the very fun, successful group assault on POIs we had the other night, I knew I wanted a combat capable SV of my own. :) I took two SVs out for a test flight, and pushed them with crazy maneuvers (that's where I tend to have troubles). Both vessels were very nice to fly, but Tormentor built by Timo did end up dipped in the ocean briefly. :p So I chose Tigershark by @rainyday because it can spin at high speed toward the water, and pull up quickly like nothing happened.

[​IMG]

I enjoyed some sightseeing after making my choice.

[​IMG]

Soon Timo joined us and we made a mission plan over a late meal and coffee. We went out to scout the orbit with our SVs to map out the Drone Base and resource asteroids. I think the custom POI didn't spawn; I must've missed something when I modified the playfield. I've never tried adding non-Admin custom POIs before and don't know how to select the desired coordinates to place. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the search. :D

19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Got back home last last night, but played for about half an hour or so. I actually achieved a lot in this time, excavating a large, fully underground area for extending my hangar into. I then proceeded to block this out with concrete, before breaking back into my main hangar from underneath - odd how my HV just sat there, after I'd removed ALL the blocks from beneath and it was floating free lol. Anyway, I proceeded to create a long 2x1 shallow-sloped ramp down to my underground hangar and moved my HV down there.

As I'd hoped, next time the PV buzzed my base, it could not detect my HV, parked as it was now covered by rock rather than blocks. So, no more taking damage...until I build external turrets of course.

I know I never post screenshots, but hopefully that will change soon - you guys don't know how so very bad my upload speed is. However, my Fibre package should be enabled on the 18th, all going well. It's not epic Fibre, I live in the middle of nowhere, and there's still going to be 500 metres or so of copper between the house and the Fibre-enabled cabinet, however, it should be massively better downloads, with uploads likely 2x what my download currently is.

Anyway, back on topic...

Very pleased with last nights building work, underground bases are just so very satisfying, and the fact that it counters the AI's ability to see through normal blocks is a bonus. Also, the T2 Drills terrain clearing mode is such a boon to those of us who recall the days before this feature... Once I have the resources, I might construct a mini drilling HV, and expand this hangar further. I recall having truly massive, CV-sized underground bases in my earliest games (3.x) and that really was quite the grind. Gonna be easier this time.

On another note, Masperon sunsets and sunrises are very very pinky purple, even when underground I'm blinded when looking East or West at certain times. I have lighting / shadows on Max now, which makes various "bloomy" effects less intense and more real-looking, but does anyone have any tips regarding the excessive brightness around dawn and dusk? It does seem much more pronounced on Masperon than anywhere else.

Random thought: As this game is voxel based, would it be possible to have certain "weather" effects such as fire rain / ash fall to actually deposit fresh rock (terrain) over things without a vast performance impact. Would be nice to see things get covered in ash (light rock if you will, easy to clear) on Volcanic planets, and of course snow on ice planets...I like snow.

Scoob.

20. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Got distracted again. There's a base on the workshop called Pyramid Lost City. It's an ancient Egyptian themed temple complex with a giant pyramid and some other structures. I'm a sucker for architecture like that, especially ancient Egyptian.

But the foundation was unfinished and it hasn't been textured or painted yet. I finished out the foundation with a concrete pad and made some minor modifications here and there. Mostly adding a couple elevators to some buildings and making space in the smaller pyramids. The big pyramid is a solid mass aside from one tunnel. I'm considering what I want to do with it.

I could turn it into a POI of some sort. Back to working on the space station while I think about it. I've finished the interior on the central tower for now and I'm working on the city blocks. I'm definitely going to need to redo the lights and add motion sensors/switches to them.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017