What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

@Scoob : although that is an unorthodox way to solve your problem, you could maybe simply enable the debug menu and slow time down to 1 (instead of the default 5) ?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

You sure that this isn't REAL-time and therefore game-time doesn't matter?

3. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Well I know the "game days" last longer that way. I just thought of it reading scoob's adventures... I know it does not slow bullets down, so it may not affect all events in the game. Just a suggestion.

4. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

yes of course, but the destruct timer of the PV... would be interesting if it is tied to ingame time or real time.... (I would think the latter)

5. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I would give it a try, but to "compare" would require to save a game backup just before the PV arrives then try both 1 and 5 values with a chrono.

Tyrax Lightning and rucky like this.
  6. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Obviously I agree :)

Hoping Eleon change the PV wreck despawn timer...it really is the highlight of a planet for me, taking down the PV. It used to be the Drone Base, but that's not so much of a threat, relatively speaking.

@Kassonnade - had never thought of that, might have a play.

Scoob.

7. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Honestly I only pack Mobile Constructors in my Creations to use them to make on-the-go Salami. :p

Once every billion years I may lose some Hull Blocks & have some Steel Plates & Hardened Steel Plates from somewhere or other, then maybe use the Mobile Constructor to turn those into replacement Hull Blocks for Field Repairs... when it's not my Barebones SV that I was using.

For the Topic: I have a new completed SV Build that was trying out the new SV Cockpit. I'm not sure i'm satisfied with it... will have to ponder on it. One thing's for sure, this new Cockpit has design issues with it that are frustrating to try to build around. I may Post this Creation just to explain on this further if nothing else.

8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Interesting turn of events for me this evening. Since creating my underground hangar, and parking my HV down there, the PV hasn't fired a shot....until just now!

PV flew past and went crazy on my base, damaging lots of blocks, but I still have no clue what it was aiming at. Following the tracer shots that clip through blocks of course, it appeared to be shooting at empty space. I'll need to check more carefully next time, as I was busy on repair duty during the attack.

Scoob.

9. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

It may have been bollixed by having two cores in close proximity. Did it seem to be aiming at a point between the Base and HV cores?

rucky and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Didn't even know that was a thing...can't really tell if it was aiming like that. Though my HV has been parked for ages without issue...now it's an issue. Weird!

Just off for a scout around & a bit of mining, will see how I get on next time I'm back at base.

Scoob.

11. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Not sure, it seems logical because the AI still tends to mostly aim for the core. When it comes to the PV I would be unsurprised if it appeared out of thin air directly overhead and started spraying apple juice.

12. 68plex

68plex Captain

Fantastic line of fighters, rucky. Well done, sir.

13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

PV buzzed me again - didn't fire a shot. Oddly the PV arrives near my base, then proceeds to strafe around it. PV then arrived again a little while later, and opened fire big time. Still cannot see what it might be trying to aim at, it does not appear to be in the direction of the core at all.

Scoob.

14. 68plex

68plex Captain

Please don't get me wrong, I am very much impressed by this design, it's gorgeous, and the interior is so sweet, like nothing I'll ever be able to do! But I wanted to point out that I find the jagged nature of the white stripes along the spine to be somewhat jarring to the look of the ship on the whole... taking away slightly from what I think would be a nearly perfect design. Have you ever considered either removing the stripes, or smoothing the slope there to a degree?

15. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Commander

With the amount of blocks we have, particular sloped blocks I think that's gonna be hard to do

16. 68plex

68plex Captain

Copy that. Regardless, it's a beautiful design, and you should be proud.

Razorwire and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Update: Now that the HV T2 Drills have hit Experimental, I can now properly Report what my going ons in Empyrion have been lately...:

I was testing the ever living hell outta the new HV T2 Drills to hell & back, & then some. :p

rucky, Siege Inc. and banksman45 like this.
  18. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Testing the new HV T2 drills and having some fun. Having a underground base just got a lot easier!!

Screenshot (219).png

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  19. Isil`Zha

Isil`Zha Commander

Well, I had planned on making a rare-ore run, but got distracted by my SV suddenly lighting up brighter than the sun. Looking at its control panel, it had about two dozen CV/BA lights attached all around the outside, and some on the inside; in fact the ones on the inside had replaced some random blocks. o_O

Finally cleaned that up, then went to grab my shuttle to do some scouring (one of the small pre-fab SVs) and it couldn't launch out of my CV, it was stuck... and it too, lit up like the sun. While it only had a few CV/BA lights, it appeared it had randomly attached the doors, one of the ramps, a few engines, and all the lights, from my large SV; like the two designs had been merged (my gunship SV was not missing the parts.) So that it now looked like this:

[​IMG]

The random floating SV parts are part of it, now.

This was it's normal outside view; I did not have the camera rotated.

[​IMG]

Better view:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Control panel showing invalid parts attached:

[​IMG]

It had also changed its faction to Public (which I found out when my CV start shooting at it when I undocked.)

Dafuq is going on here. :confused:

20. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

okaaayyyyy......

I'm not sure what you would say to that....

Me saying.....

"It's dead, Jim...."

haha ;-)

no serious, interesting Bug, seems some savegame corruption... I've heard of some "savegame defragment" option exist somewhere?

Other point: T2-Drills... @Experimental????
    ... have to branch out too....