What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Captain

What did I do in Empyrion today?

Two words: absolutely nothing.

2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Got another brief something done in Empyrion... While reading & Posting to another Thread I suddenly realized I never remembered to Screenie the completed outside of my Official Eleon Test Server Base, (No point in finishing its inside, but meh, I knew not to make anything on the place I would miss, so...) so here it is:

[​IMG]

Now maybe my business on that Server is now done for real. (How the hell can I enjoy any Server that won't let me get a Minigun? :()

Slam Jones likes this.
  3. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Went on yesterday and made some BP's of ship's and Bases. Today I'm thinking about moving all my old save files to a new folder. General cleanup. Then I thinking about playing around in creative and make something for more BP's. BTW my CV is acting up. When I come to a complete stop the CV is still doing 1.9 km. And the asteroid field is slowly moving. Have to enter the cockpit 2 or 3 times to get it to a complete stop. Changing key config didn't fix it.

Tyrax Lightning and Slam Jones like this.
  4. Tyrax Lightning

Have ya tried forcing a stop by powering off the whole CV?

Slam Jones likes this.
  5. =TCR= Big_Red

No I didn't. I had bread rising on the counter.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  6. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

(yesterday)

I built a new SV with an interior in survival! Hey, I was proud of it. Then realized it has some odd issue with the cockpit.

Then I spent a good hour or so trying to fix what I must of broke, trying various things, pondering what in the world is going on.

Finally gave up and spent the time to document it and made a vid of my problem. Posted it. Got zero responses.

:(

Tyrax Lightning and Slam Jones like this.
  7. =TCR= Big_Red

Were's the video?

8. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Appears the thread was put into moderation due to the video or something, so I won't go around them by posting it again. Thats why no responses lol!

9. =TCR= Big_Red

Ok then. Just my game crash two times in a roll. I'm thinking it was because of a old 3.7 cv I was trying to change out some of the old type blocks for round type hallway blocks. Think this was addressed in the latest blog from eleon. As in marking in blue blocks no good for version.

10. Tyrax Lightning

That's the kinda thing that's why I don't bother to try to hold onto obsolete stuff. Old Code & New Code just plain cause problems when they mix together... not worth the trouble imho.

carlos.deleon1 likes this.
  11. =TCR= Big_Red

We were having so many restarts at one time. I couldnt just delete my prize work. Geee

12. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Captain

Was it that you don't exit the cockpit into the interior? That doesn't work in planets, but it does work in space.

What did I do today? Started working on a declassified "Not-So-Magic Space Bus", then had an idea for an engineering minion style SV and began work on that. When the Red vs Blue server transitions over and updates to Alpha 1.0.0, it'll come in handy, as it'll be much more worth it to build a CV with the Reinforced Steel block set... Work on the new MechsiCo Ningues Orbital facility has paused for the time being, it will resume and with a bit of luck the facility should be complete after the minion design is completed.

MechsiCo Heavy Industries is hiring, sort of. If you want a job building stuff, then you should totally become a Mechsican. There are only two requirements - that you are active and that you are a member, or are willing to become a member if hired, of the Blue Nova Syndicate. Recommended qualifications are the capability to handle vessels of all sorts, being able to use said vessels in combat, and being proficient in the usage of small arms.
    We are also looking for partnerships with mining organizations, due to the volume of materials that our facilities use to produce equipment we are in need of organizations which can acquire resources. The terms of an agreement can be negotiated via our CEO.
    If you wish to order something, our amateur (read: professional) hobo (read: web development team) is working on a Google Form (read: high-tech custom website with javascript and ajax) which will be available by the time of the Alpha release. Our only employee (read: our marketing and sales team) will then contact you in terms of payment and deliverables.
    After all, why build it yourself when you can hire a Mechsican to do it, hombre?

13. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Started more serious work on an Orbital Shipyard. Since CV's come in many shapes and sized, I decided to make the Shipyard big enough to handle even the largest ships in my blueprints (which, so far, it can!). It is made up of a central stack or cylinder, which is divided into three (so far) floors. Top is observation/scenic area, middle is living quarters, and bottom is engineering.

It's only perhaps 70% complete in terms of shell/exterior, and <10% complete interior at the moment. The 2x2 windows refusing to follow symmetry properly, getting all the glass in place is quite a task.. hand-placing several thousand panels and all.

Below: One end of the main cylinder,
    [​IMG]

Another view of one end with a few warships "docked", also showing off the scaffolding arms,
    [​IMG]

Another view of the project in its current state.
    [​IMG]

So far it appears it would take over 25 hours and at least 23,000 ingots of iron to complete, and it's not even done! Good news is, once it is done, it will basically be a whole base, capable of supporting your team in whatever orbit you happen to be in.

Would be great to have base-mounted spotlights so one could light up a docked ship. Perhaps one day!

Edit: The more I look at it, the more the curve of the scaffolding arms bother me... I think I'll do an actual curve spline for release version (as opposed to the guesstimate of it's current form).

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  14. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Actually that works quite well even on the surface of the planet. I always seem to pop back out of any cockpit, the way I clicked into it. Whether I be inside a ship enclosure, or outside, or under, or on top.

Actually that led to a slight issue, when I jumped into my small scout from 'underneath', then landed on a base, and got out... it put me 'under' and inside a block, and I fell through the floor deep inside where a few aliens then began ripping me apart with chainguns :mad:

But that wasn't the issue. The issue I'm having is this: http://empyriononline.com/threads/cockpit-and-compass-disagreement-help.5177/ (yay mods approved it)

15. =TCR= Big_Red

16. Tyrax Lightning

Why were ya makin 'prize work' in middle of a Pre-Alpha? That's like makin a Prize Sand Castle on the Sand close to the Water at lowest Tide... that Tide was gonna rise again sooner or later... :p

*Wonders how agonizing it's gonna be for ya'all to REBUILD those Bases with the new Materials... & wonders why you're doing that to yourselves...*

17. =TCR= Big_Red

Why keep on living when we know we are going to die anyway? Because we enjoy life. Old saves are like small pieces of memory. How's that?

18. Tyrax Lightning

When ya put it that way, ya have a point there. :)

=TCR= Big_Red likes this.
  19. Gordholm

Gordholm Commander

GurlBot, groo101 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  20. =TCR= Big_Red

Pink dress. Love it. Lol

Gordholm and Tyrax Lightning like this.