What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. N99024

N99024 Captain

Well, I mean I'm working on Project Abrams again after ignoring it for so long, that thing is already a 17 at least, no lights in, and i have a feeling I'm going to need to set the lights to be sensor grouped to save performance (which I have no clue on how to do) because I'm willing to bet it'll hit at least 20 before I'm done. And it's interior still has a bit of work to do.

rucky and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

Somewhere between the actual creator being named "Trig" and seeing your posts here my brain got confused. Not yours, nope.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Ahh, know how it feels to do that kinda thing. :)

I didn't think something "Hive" related coulda been a thing of mine... i'm neutral towards Bugs & don't tend to make Bug Themed Stuff. It's Dragons, & 'Brawn Style stuff', that are my thing.

rucky likes this.
  4. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

I had a relatively short game session last night, where I mostly made preparations for the upcoming expedition. Then I went out for some random fun (read: kill Talons for the fun of it).

I was annoyed to see the Farm POI has vanished as well. First the Logistics Center vanished, and I did raid those places back-to-back last week. The Farm was present throughout our previous game session, but had refused to regenerate. o_O

[​IMG]

This isn't very nice. So I checked the other civilian POIs and only the Supply Station remains. We've lost 3 civilian POIs on Akua. :eek: I'm thinking it's because civilian POIs have been separated into two groups, for breathable and unbreathable atmospheres, so those 3 POIs couldn't regenerate?? I don't feel like wiping the Akua playfield anytime soon, and this only matters because I'd like to understand it.

[​IMG]

When we had everything done that needed doing, Timo and I went to break down a meteorite that crashed near the beach across the lake from our base. I took this shot on my way because it amused me that there's one spot where you can see the "yard" without parked vessels or the entrance to the underground/underwater base in the frame. :)

I think we'll be leaving today, and I'm looking forward to it. I've played on Omicron quite a lot in single player and multiplayer, but it's a fun planet. I have wiped the playfields associated with Omicron because it was generated back in June and it would be missing POIs too, if my theory is correct.

5. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

only a small question @Starwing6
    Akua has a lot of ressources, how it comes you got multiple Meteorites? (I remember you already got after some a few Days back)
    Are you playing with soo small ressource deposits and have all already depleted?? :confused::eek:

6. N99024

N99024 Captain

I believe some POI's were allowed to regenerate and not others. I think it was the civilian POI's that got the short end of the stick.

7. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

They're normal size deposits I guess. But 3-4 players and several bigger builds, quite easy to get the deposits low enough. They don't have to be completely gone in order for the meteorites to start falling, we rarely deplete deposits under 10% so that we can still put autominers on them.

It was the crashed ships that don't regenerate - because the core is underground in most of them. I think the thing that is messing the regenerate in our case must have something to do with the recent Civilian POI name and group name change.

- - - - - - - - -

Here's a quick recap for last couple of days. Been feeling bit under the weather so not much has happened - but hoping to continue our journey tonight.

20170802230858_1.jpg
    HV racetrack is waiting to be driven.

20170802231722_1.jpg
    My CV, heavy mining barge Ilmarinen. Second time I've managed to spawn this in survival game - both times with the help of faction members and autominers :) But last time it was cut short as the experimental updates for 6.0 started dropping - hoping to play with this ship little longer this time :)

20170803201204_1.jpg
    20170803201559_1.jpg
    These might look better than my sceenshots usually - and its because I got a new graphics card as a gift, which I'm very happy about. :) I used to run minimum settings, currently I'm on the medium side of things. This is actually pretty good looking game...

20170803201934_1.jpg
    20170803202342_1.jpg
    Been mining some meteorites, found three on my pass around Akua. New laser drills just eats them up.

8. bosniachero

bosniachero Ensign

Does it count if I did it yesterday, since I just got home from work :D

I published a small CV - Space-Bugzy-(CV)

S 8.png S 9.png S 18.png S 13.png S 20.png S 10.png

and there is a video -

9. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

The Acceleration and Pitch/Yaw values are SUPERB for a CV!
    Well done!

Tyrax Lightning and bosniachero like this.
  10. bosniachero

bosniachero Ensign

Thanks ! Much appreciated support!
    But that will go down a bit when hull gets upgraded, I am hoping not too much dough.

11. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

This afternoon, five more came down while I was painting. Every time we break one down, another falls to replace it. lol We use a lot of iron and we're also space hoarders ;)

12. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

Welp, I finished up my very first CV, quirks and all. I christened her "Tilted Cat" because well, cats are a little bit ... off. And so is this ship.
    Forward/reverse thrusters are indeed inverted and as it turns out, it's a bit off centre too. Oops.

All the same, it's my fully equipped mobile home for ore processing, mining and living among the stars. It can manage in a fight but it's best to distance itself and act as a launching platform for the SV of death.

It was an experience to build but it's nothing compared to a @rainyday production and severely pales in character vs a @Starwing6 touched vessel.

It's my class 3 bronze and sky blue CV. I love her.

If I could figure how to get a screeny from game to phone to here I will.
    ETA: tried to find the screenshots but I'm having no luck at all. Doesn't aeem onvious where they would be.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    Starwing6, rucky and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Yes. Even last week would count in this Thread. :)

Are ya paying to have it Upgraded instead of doin it yourself...? :p

Take Screenies with the Steam Screenie Hotkey, Upload it to your Steam Screenies, then IMG Tag it from there to here. ;) (I personally have my Steam Screenies taking bound to F12.)

bosniachero, Its Just Steve and rucky like this.
  14. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Ingame Screenshots via F7 (Hide Hud with 2x F6 before hand ;-)

Screenshot folder is in:
    C:\STEAM\SteamApps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Screenshots
    if you have installed STEAM under Drive C which is the default.

15. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

Found the in game screens but still no clue where the "F12" screens went to.

Stay tooned...

16. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

F7 are the Ingame Screens from Empyrion, saved under the mentioned location, F12(?) are Steam-Screenies ;-)

17. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

Ta Da!

The front:
    [​IMG]

The back:
    [​IMG]

The butt-hole:
    [​IMG]

The wall of cargo that serves for quicker unload to processing without using the "P" menu. Because immersion reasons:
    (Yes, those are fuel and O2 tanks)
    [​IMG]

The other side in the production hall:
    [​IMG]

And finally the stats of it all:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the helps Tyrax n Rucky.

18. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Welcome to the Screenie-Thread ;-)

19. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

I'm still wondering how the CLASS of structures/vessels are calculated.
    Any1 does have any insight?

F.e. the above CV from It's just Steve is a Class 3 one, mine a Class 5.

Code:
              Class   WxDxH      Mass   Blocks Devices Lights Triangles   Costs f.e. Iron
    Steve       3   34x110x34   11.5kt   3350    403     39     43372       25227
    Rucky       5   62x 74x34   17.2kt   3388    636     54     33000(!)    29845

What blocks are numbered as a "device" (windows are f.e.)

20. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Found it.
    Funny, everytime one has to write down the question(s) first, then the answer(s) will be found easier... haha

http://empyriononline.com/threads/tool-calculate-your-class-size-blueprint.9415/

with this Formula:
    Code:
    Formular:

SIZE CLASS =  (DeviceFactor*3 + LightsFactor*2 + TriFactor) / 6

DeviceFactor = #Devices * 0.01
    LightsFactor = #Lights * 0.05
    TriFactor = #Tris * 0.0001

(Size class = rounded to full digit)