What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

& there it is again... Inset Thrusters not of the Armored/Enclosed type... :confused:

binhthuy71 likes this.
  2. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Looks like SV jet-engines to me. Better thrust-to-weight ratio, less HP (of course we all know your stance on that already, Mr. Brawny). Eleon has yet to give us a version of those in an 'enclosed' casing.

3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Oops, didn't occur to me... I tried experimenting on Encased Jet Thrusters then deemed that I couldn't find a way to do it in a way that didn't cost so much extra Mass that it negated the Jet Thruster advantage. The only way I ever found to use them in a way that was at least semi-protected was sandwiching them between 2 Wing Blocks... & only a couple of the species of Wings makes enough direct contact with the Jet Thrusters to make the Jet Thrusters look adequately Mounted onto the Wings instead of having visible gap between the two & making the Jet Thruster look 'cheaty magic floaty'.

Also I strongly suspect the possibility that there will never be a Enclosed kind of Jet Thruster because I think they are intended to be External 'stick-out-like-sore-thumb' kinda dudes on purpose by Dev Intent. I don't think the use of the strategy is as dangerous a risk to do as I used to, but still believe it's a good idea to have some normal Thrusters also Integrated into the Design instead of relying on the Jet Thrusters entirely in any direction... let alone all of them.

Kieve likes this.
  4. hound

hound Captain

Yeah the Fluttermaus has the jets and I wrapped or hid all of them.....I just do not like my runaway device to be hanging out in the breeze.
    And sometimes I think regular thrusters just look cool with the nozle hanging out.....lol.
    Viva La diferance?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning and Kieve like this.
  5. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

These are Thruster Jet S's - no options. They seem to work pretty well.

Edit: Hit points are less important if you avoid getting hit. :D

Tyrax Lightning and rucky like this.
  6. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Trying out the new looks of the game so I'm back to being an Akua Bum, getting fat and raiding POI's when I need more stuff. This is a greenhouse I built on the lake. I'm going to build a few more in different styles out in front of my house. Should liven up the view.

grnhse_!.png

7. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Ugly but practical? Lunchbox?
    I'll give you an ugly lunchbox. ;)

756958952_preview_20170608005332_1.jpg

8. john.73738

john.73738 Captain

View approaching the base. Really like the look. 20170819004135_1.jpg

9. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

10. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Yeah I don't think thrusters needs to be flush with the hull every time. It's cool to let it hang out sometimes! ;)

I like to use blocks to 'connect' the thrusters to the hull - especially with the jets as they can be bit 'floaty' otherwise. But that doesn't mean they all would have to be buried. Well, maybe in bit more military oriented builds - the thrusters should be bit more hard to reach - that's understandable.

And just to make sure - we are talking about the 'enclosed' thrusters (ie. so that the thruster is not sticking out) and not 'hidden/buried-inside-the-hull' thrusters, right? The latter I try to avoid...

11. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

It's funny how it's easy to forget that PV vessels are in this game. I've been on Akua so long I forgot about these things and it went straight for CV. While the PV was focusing on my CV I was able to spawn my Defense turrets that are using a base core added some ammo and finally stopped the PV.
    This is why I don't mind pocket blueprints because when things like this happen they come in handy. lol I usually spawn my defense turrets in after they are crafted in the factory but for some reason I decided to wait. I won't be doing that again.
    Screenshot (432).png

Also the base attack drone showed up right after I activated my defense turrets. Have they improved the base attack drones ? This thing took a few hits from my plasma turrets before it went down.

Screenshot (436).png

They destroyed my O2 tanks and there goes my Akua Berry bush. :( Animals!!! No respect for a man's plants. lol You can shoot my ship, you can shoot my base but when you kill a man's Berry bush you have gone too far!!!
    Screenshot (444).png

12. Darkscis

Darkscis Captain

Decided to have a go at my first serious SV. She isn't the fastest thing out there, but no slouch either. I see what you all mean by the floating jet engines but I wanted to give it a go.

Lillith.jpg Lillith2.jpg Lillith3.jpg Lillith4.jpg Lillith5.jpg

13. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well for me I do both. I guess you could call it hiding or whatever but I'm not a heavy pvper but even I can stop a ship that has enclosed them. For me it's all about design and look. Whatever looks good on a certain design.
    Now on a military style ship or a heavy warship then yes I want all my thrusters hanging out and being shown. But if we're talking a slick Sci FI alien star trek style type of ship then I put the thrusters inside in it's own room and create my version of glowing impulse engines.
    I don't see the big deal but maybe it's just me. I'm sure the devs will correct it if they feel like it's a big deal but even if they make it so that you can't put a block in front the thrusters I can still design a ship where you won't be able to see them and be extremely hard to get to.
    For me it's about design. I'm just not into having every single ship with thrusters sticking out all over it. I hope if the devs do get rid of the ability to put your thrusters inside they give us way more thruster designs than we have now. Maybe some different type of propulsion engines . I stop playing Space Engineers because Empyrion seem to lean more towards SCI FI than SE did. Some one could build a Startrek ship in Empyrion and not be forced to have millions of thrusters hanging off the ship like you do in SE. Until I see more options for the design purposes I just build what I want to see.

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  14. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

@Darkscis Awesome looking SV! Really bad-ass. I'd recommend uploading it to Steam Workshop - I bet many would be interested in having that ship. Performance seems fine by my standards atleast :)

Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  15. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  16. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well my CV has taken a beating and my SV has taken one too even though I did take out a POI base today with my SV. I thought Skillon was easier than this. lol

Screenshot (431).png

These latest drones the devs added look awesome at night. The devs are really making this game look good.

Screenshot (446).png

17. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

@banksman45 yeah Skillon was funny...

(already shown that pic, but can't hinder for a third time haha ;-)

[​IMG]

this time my OmegaFighter had really problems, but not because of these 20++ Drones and the Drone Base infront of me and two other bases somewhere behind me, but because it's weapons sometimes refused to shoot at all!!
    (it had Shutter windows near the guns, these hinder shooting now... now I had to remove these additional security layer...
    but I've already changed my Planet cleansing SV to the MarkV anyway...)

18. hangar-8

hangar-8 Lieutenant

With this current play-through with my son coming to an end (almost all most worlds now being pacified/conquered), I focused on the finishing touches to my go-to fleet:

[​IMG]

Left to right: OUV-01 (Ore Utility Vehicle), Barracuda Recon, Barracuda Bomber. These are all my own designs. In the background is the Tempest C701, based on this CV: ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=750750358 ). It's undergone several refits and hull changes since I started using it. It's blueprinted here without turrets/armament to make it cheaper to 'get out the door'.

19. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

WOW. lol Those Drones didn't stand a chance. I tried to take on the normal base in front of the DRone base with my HV and it took m HV out in second. So I ended up using my SV too.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  20. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

:D
    Good Lateral Acceleration, Good Pitch/Yaw against the turrets, and some defensive blocks at the front because these hitscan weapons (Sentrys) WILL pling-plang you ;)

Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.