What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@hound, your base has a warm open look. Good work!

Tyrax Lightning and hound like this.
  2. hound

hound Captain

Im gonna have to redo the greenhouse and then I will print it. Or Maybe just rebuild it in creative...it is on a slope and
    I freehanded it, so I might need to redo the base

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Ahahahaha! Nice! I am eager to see it when it is finished! It is fun to see images of your progress. It is hard to visualize what the end shape will be but I am completely confident you will make a stunning ship. :cool::)

4. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Wow, they upgraded the music to Oscutune. Been a while since I have been here, and I can see the temps are still a little... strange, for an ocean planet. Still, that music + photos like this:

NewGame_35_2017-08-19_23-27-29.jpg

Make for a mighty fine combo. :cool:

5. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Wait... unlike me...? I cannot tell, are you being sarcastic? I have only ever advocated for single player(nothing against co-op or Pvp.) Or did I somehow build a behemoth and not know it? :) Sleep-building again... dang it... :rolleyes::confused: Silly Fractalite. :p:D

On a side note... I probably should sneak in another HV build. Been a while since I attempted one. I admit, I also want to try something a little bigger - maybe in the 10k ish range. No bigger than 15. I recently helped to upgrade @Pantera 's science vessel and now I want to build one of my own. I also want to see if I can, some how in a crazy fantasy land, try to get a hangar into/onto @Kieve 's Thanatos cruiser, but that is proving to be very hard. I then have several POI's I have to finish.... blarg!

So much to do, just one me. :(

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    rainyday and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Happy Birthday Scoob. :)

Fun fact: My Tyrax Hover War Tank costs 2,806 Iron. Ya thinkin more along the lines of Slam's Mammoth HV? :p

7. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Oh yeah, building tends to be so much fun (and time consuming) that it's sometimes hard to find time to actually play the game...

Building in survival is one solution. Ive done couple smaller CV's and couple HV's/SV's in my latest game and it's been lots of fun.

8. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Building in survival took a while to get used to. Now I build that way all the time unless I just want to play with shapes and textures. As long as you have a charged Multitool you can recover 100% of your mistakes.

9. hound

hound Captain

In oppostion Binh, I think creative is a much a game as SP or MP.....you just build stuff to build it.
    I have at least one design that I would never build in-game...but it is pretty!!!!
    [​IMG]

10. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

If the Aliens ever get their own Hover Tanks or Hover War Tanks, it'd be hilarious to watch them murder that Base in seconds with a couple shots on the 'Neck' of that Base. :p

11. hound

hound Captain

And that's exactly why I would never put that thing in harms way. Too pretty for combat....lol

binhthuy71, rucky and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  12. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

Oh man so much to catch up with you guys! First, @Scoob Happy Friggin Birthday Mate!

I swear some of your builds have me as busy spawning builds in creative to check them and then being inspired and trying somethhing myself, getting nowhere and repeating!
    Some solid looking creations you guys. Practical or not!

To the topic, SOOOO much of IRL this past week has been toiling away adding onto my base for no reason other than having stacks and stacks of blocks. But, I've finally screwed up my courage and left the planet behind.
    Thanks to @rucky and his CV Explorer I've left the easy life behind for ... Earth?
    [​IMG]

Rucky, I really like this one. It's compact, paths well and the things I first raised my eyebrows at have been obviously deaigned from some use. Only issue was fitting in the Dark Knight Hv with my miner and SV mini-pod. Wall docking for the win! Lots of room on top for attack SV however.
    Made it out if the atmosphere and immediately spent an hour mining the sathium, prom, zasc and pentaxid asteroids that I found in a literal cluster. One stop, filled the harvest box!
    But I eventually made my way to Earth's orbit and will linger here until tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

Enjoying everyone's posts. Happy there's a like button to at least acknowledge them!

Keep creating guys!
    IJS out...

13. Darkscis

Darkscis Captain

@Its Just Steve I love the way your underground base pokes out of the snow making it look like snow drifts have formed and accumulated up against the buildings!

14. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

LOl. Thanks. I think it's a good effect and it's even more fun coming home and it's just a mountain until I'm close enough to trigger the hangar doors!

15. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

Forgot to mention the fun bit. OSHA would not have approved of any part of the worksite or CV parking area. Almost lost a few workers down the sides but alas, no deaths were caused due to falls!

Tyrax Lightning, rucky and rainyday like this.
  16. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

@Scoob from me too: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

@Its Just Steve yeah, after aquiring some vessels the included aft hangar can be too small;
    thats the reason I've already planned to update that ship the next fresh save I'm starting... :)
    but that could take a while as I'm far from finished with this one :confused::cool:

For me, I'm more a survival player, but who loves to build the best possible stuff for that...
    And I like to be overpowered :p:D (but then I crank the npcs up to max spawning etc...)
    So I play... see I need something... f.e better SV/CV... I look at the workshop for interesting designs, stats, features,... then try them in creative, if they're good I try to even make them better or if not I screw them and build my own.

So mostly I only build when/because I'm in need of something...
    In my actual playthrough I'm already way over-equipped with tanks, combat fighters and all that stuff, so this Explorer-CV would not fit, even my actual BaseStar is getting too tight already...

That's why I've started some bigger CVs in Creative now (one of them I have shown a pic on last page)...
    So my creativity is necessity driven ;-) one could say...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  17. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

I spent another 4+ hours on Wyvern last night. The hangars are about halfway finished now, with some symbol details already :D Of course I didn't spend all those hours in the hangars only. I also installed the windows and two maintenance doors so I could oxygenate the ship. My thinking was that I'd get the O2 taken care of now so I don't have to struggle to find potential problems at the end of the project.

Why is oxygenating such a weird adventure? I know why I got annoyed with the space station and shot some parts out for convenience--I wasn't able to oxygenate it when it was sealed and it was during the 6.0 experimental phase, so I just put off worrying about the O2 situation.

Anyhow, I had a truly bizarre issue with oxygenating last night! I finally located my apparent leak after systematically sealing off elevator shafts. It's a fairly small area that has been perfect sealed the since the hull was constructed... All the blocks were showing as airtight. So I made @Friendly Timo have a look and verify what I was seeing--he did, and he tried a few things that did not work. He told me to send him the blueprint at the end and he'd work on that, but I intended to avoid needing to change interiors at the end.

So I kept at it and concluded that some of this combat steel has microfractures in it. Makes sense though, I'm working on a Dreschner Corporation ship, and everyone knows how governments are always trying to cut corners and save a few credits anywhere they can! ;) (In my story the political structure is a corporatocracy, run by one corporation that eventually became the only one and the government.) I added an extra layer of combat steel to one wall and that fixed the problem. :confused: Oh well, @Friendly Timo and I had a good laugh over the "add another layer of combat steel, n00b!" meme. heehee

I only took one progress picture, but I'll wait and show you when the hangars are done. I have some lighting in, but I'll finish that up very soon!

18. JDaremo Fireheart

JDaremo Fireheart Captain

I meant I always think of small CVs. You were having a hard time making a small one.

Tyrax Lightning, Fractalite and rucky like this.
  19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Morning all :)

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. It a bright, sunny day here at the moment so of course I'll be spending it gaming lol. I'll try to get some screenshots up of my tweaked CV. I've still not coloured or textured it externally, but I've done a little work inside. I really think that a video tour of some sort might be a little better...might have a go at that later.

Oh, I do need to check how much weight I've added with the extra floor on the CV, my thrusters we adequate previously, but I suspect that might change. This is often the point where my builds get hit with the ugly stick as I bolt on additional thrusters lol.

Scoob.

20. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Tip: I don't attempt to merge bolted on stuff back into the main/ parent hull, when more thrust is required I start adding modular pieces and bits that just hang off something.... I guess some people might think my ships fell out of the ugly tree, hitting every branch on the way down. ;)

Also, Happy Level-Up Day! Spend those experience points wisely ;)