What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

No screen shots! :eek::D I have never actually been through that station :cool:.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Heh, I meant screen shots of my SV post-raid... but no, none of the station it's worth exploring blind :)

Scoob.

3. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

PINK. It's pink and it's awesome!
    At least on the outside......

4. jmtc

jmtc Captain

Today I deployed an outpost on Aitis and learned the true meaning of terror.

After getting my base online and fending off the first wave of drone attacks, I was ready to go collect my first batch of rare ores. I geared up and headed to the hangar bay to launch my SV. Entering the hangar, I flipped open the remote switch for the bay door...

...and no sooner than the door had opened, in came running this horrible scorpion-spider thing. At top speed. Right at me. I shrieked like a little girl and started running aimlessly away from the thing, all the while fumbling for a weapon. It took about a clip and a half of Epic Pistol fire to bring the thing down, but then again I probably only connected with maybe twenty percent of my shots. I was rewarded with a poisoning, open wounds, and a hopelessly shattered ego. The heavy commando weeping in the corner? Yep, that's me.

Now my base has sentry guns.

5. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

Totally can't relate to this. At all. Nope.

6. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

7. jmtc

jmtc Captain

To quote the late, great Bill Paxton: Game Over Man! Game Over!

I love this damn game.

8. hound

hound Captain

You Guys know I have one of THOSE friends right?
    You call him and say "Hey dude wanna get a beer" and he says "Sure I'll drive my tank"
    Or you say "Hey man we are gonna go race go karts" and he say's "I'll bring my tank"
    Or you say " Nice weather " and he says "For driving my tank"
    Or you say " Hey I worked all night on this do you like it?" and he says " My tank has 6 guns"
    So I just figured I would spend a couple of hours and make a tank...well a CONTINENTAL SIEGE ENGINE

----I had to use a stand in for the TYRAX war tank.....since it was too scared to come out of the hanger-------

All props to the Madcrow for his truly wonderful tank that I spawned to take pics with and went "Umm I got to stea--I mean borrow
    that and that and that......

Now where's your little tank...oh its hiding behind my CSE
    [​IMG]
    Oh there it is it's so cute
    [​IMG]
    I will just fly over the top and you can hide underneath
    [​IMG]
    So I give you the CSE-Bolo
    [​IMG]

9. Darkscis

Darkscis Captain

10. Faith

Faith Captain

Hey Guys,
    @All: Your work here is really pretty impressiv, always new ideas and other angles to look from...and of course Kieve and Fractalite are on the top of it.
    (love your challenges :D)

Iam here again to see, what u all think and what would you suggest

I finished the first ship with texture and Paint of the now named "VecuA"-race shipset.
    for me it looks kinda alien, but maybe because its just toooo much....so i guess i overdid it.

20170826071337_1.jpg 20170826071705_1.jpg
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1120292869

Soooo, tell me what u think, dont hold back because later i maybe want to texture and paint this beauty of mothership likewise
    20170813125659_1.jpg

Have a nice weekend!
    Faith

11. hound

hound Captain

Faith-----there is no "overdid it" in Empyrion. and I LOVE that mothership.....

Tyrax Lightning, Fractalite and jmtc like this.
  12. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Hello guys!
    I finally finished my Vanguard Class Star Trek inspired ship. I started working on it early December 1016 (I think) and finally brought myself to paint it and add some interiors.
    After almost half a year break i had to re learn some stuff again (including some changes in the game), but i hope i havent forgotten anything important. :oops:

Anyway here she is:
    00005.jpg

NewGame_1_2017-08-25_14-18-37.png
    NewGame_1_2017-08-25_15-56-58.png 0002.png NewGame_1_2017-08-25_15-55-23.png NewGame_1_2017-08-25_14-05-43.png NewGame_1_2017-08-25_13-22-32.png NewGame_1_2017-08-25_13-22-00.png
    As i thought and feared before, painting the ship was a pain in the... but i'm happy to finally finish this project. :)
    This ship is even more "Empyrion-ized" than my other Star Trek ships, meaning that the ship has far less usabel interiors to make it much easier fore everyone to navigate. (Which also results in several layers of protection... )

Stats:
    Stats.png

So what do you think?
    I hope it doesn't look like crap.

EDIT:
    I almost forgot. If you're interested, you can find it here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1120495322

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  13. jmtc

jmtc Captain

This looks FANTASTIC. Great job.

I had never really thought about Empyrion in a Star Trek context, but it actually works well - substitute Pentaxid for Dilithium, and Zirax for Klingon and you're pretty much there.

14. Friendly Timo

Friendly Timo Captain

Hey @Neal ! First of all, awesome blueprint you have there! I wanted to take a closer look to this one and to my surprise, as I spawned her to my creative mode it seems that a whole lot of texture and paint is missing from her hull! Ofcourse in the pictures she is alright and nice but I wonder if you accidentally uploaded a wrong version of this CV or if something is seriously bugged.

I just wanted to let you know about my experience through this channel rather than starting to pester you on your blueprint page at steam.

I took a screenshot of how it looks like to me. I really took couple of spaws to make sure this thing repeats... weird, eh?
    neal cv.jpg

Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  15. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

@Neal Welcome back :) And what a comeback that is - awesome work!

16. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Did you build this in Experimental @Neal ? I wonder if conflict between game versions would explain the missing textures...

17. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

@Neal Very nice ship! One of your Star Trek beauties was the first item I subscribed to when I started playing Empyrion. :D

I think I haven't posted here in a little while... or I have, but the time I've spent working on Wyvern lately has changed my perception of time... Either way, I've been working a lot on the ship. I've reached that point where all the work I've done so far makes me want to play in the ship--so now I need to work that much harder! ;)

I will take some screenshots today. Lately I've been working on a roleplay-heavy section of the ship, where the crew works. It's set up so individuals who require transport can work aboard the ship, rather than being pampered guests or something. :p This has been incredibly fun! @Friendly Timo helped me a lot by providing a work department I couldn't think of.

I've designed and decorated a main corridor, gender-specific bathrooms, and some of the smaller rooms. Working on the LCDs is one of the most enjoyable tasks in this project. :cool:

Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  18. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

@anyone
    Thanks for your nice words!

This is strange...
    It looks like an old version of the ship, made in 2016.
    The version i released looks quite different. For example, there's no the Shuttle bay in the saucer secion anymore.

Does anyone know how to fix this? :oops:

19. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

No, i started to build it in late 2016.

I just noticed when i spawned it, it really looks like @Friendly Timo has shown.

Is there any way to fix this?
    (I'll make it hidden in Steam workshop until this is fixed, btw.)

20. Friendly Timo

Friendly Timo Captain

I cannot imagine any other way to fix it than simply spawning your actual intented version and then overwriting this accidential one with it. I sure can test any new uploads you want to try with this one! This is weird indeed! o_O