What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Jacoviz

Jacoviz Captain

Post the blueprint on Workshop please

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Tyrax Lightning, Jacoviz and rainyday like this.
  3. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Quick recap of our tonights mining trip.

20170826213528_1.jpg Heading for Omicron. I keep 'Ilmarinen' in orbit for now. Working on another CV in the background.

20170826215153_1.jpg
    Looking at the stars...

20170826221127_1.jpg
    Aestus! What an eerie place...

20170826222207_1.jpg
    ... and dangerous!

20170826230117_1.jpg
    We had combat with the local drone base. @Friendly Timo decimated the base defenses and dozen drones and some troop transports guarding it. Was pretty intense fight! And got exciting in the end as we lost cabin pressure - and outside temperature around the lava was +280 celsius. So it was getting bit hot...

20170826222934_1.jpg
    Mining! Gold and erestrum - plenty of both. This pic is just for posing - we did the actual mining with HV and drones. Big enough SV so we could launch the drones from the inside, staying safe. Bigger erestrum deposit we took care of with the HV.

20170826233706_1.jpg
    Leaving Aestus.

20170826235650_1.jpg
    Back home at Omicron. Our yard is looking like some HV & SV playground... I guess we should be better organized with proper landing strip and all :)

4. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

I think you could build one of gold if you set your minds to it!

5. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

@rainyday those pictures are phenomenal. I really enjoyed the team mining picture! I think it's pretty cool the way our vessels are piling up in the yard :cool:

Here are some shots I took this evening.

[​IMG]

Thank goodness Gargoyle has that hatch on top for us to use our drones for mining! Aestus has such a harsh environment.

[​IMG]

This is how we lost a window of course ;)

[​IMG]

Once @Friendly Timo got the Drone Base's defenses down, we were able to drill out a large gold ore vein. It was a lot of fun.

A couple of Nightmares gathered around under the ship, screeching at us.

[​IMG]

@rainyday got them with a couple shots to their heads :cool:

[​IMG]

This mining trip was the most fun mining mission we've had so far. :D

6. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hey all :)

This evening I started work on a new, small CV. No screenshots yet, that'll be tomorrow once it's more complete, however I will talk about it a little :)

So, in a long-ago prior version of Empyrion I attempted to create a CV called "The barge" this was basically a large, flat ship, with ample exterior parking for small SV's and PV's. It all got a bit out of control for me at the time, and I abandoned the project, however, it's now nearing completion in a new form.

So, this very small SV is designed purely for planetary and local space only, it's not warp capable by design, though it'd be a fairly simple matter to add a warp core above the main bridge area if someone wanted.

One of the more interesting aspects of this CV has been me making more use of Sensors than usual. Sure, I regularly use sensor triggered doors and ramps, but this time I've gone a little crazy on the lights. Each of the little marked out SV/HV areas is lined up using the Texture Tool and has a green Flare in each corner. Additionally each has a number of sensor-triggered lights, so when I enter the marked zone, it lights up. Very nice. However, I appear to have fallen foul of the issue where if I'm not in the vessel docked there, the sensors see nothing. Ideally, any occupied bay would stay lit, but the game doesn't appear to allow me to do that currently. It does however illuminate a docked ship as I approach on foot, which is nice, and it can also illuminate moments from touch-down, which is also nice. Hopefully future updates will allow for detection of unpiloted, powered-down vessels.

Moving inside the CV, there's only really two rooms, an Engineering area containing the Generator, Fuel and O2 tanks as well as the RCS, Ammo Box and some storage. Above this room, but not accessible from it, is the main Bridge. Here has the Cockpit of course, as well as an O2 Station and Med bay. The Bridge Lights only come on when someone is there, and extra colour-coded illumination is present when next to the Med Bay or O2 Stations. I've added a little deco too, some useful medical equipment on the side of the Med Bay, and a small lounge on the O2 Station side. I've also added a few screens etc.

What this CV is lacking currently is any Fridges or Food Processors, as well as any Manufacturing ability. This was as per my design specs for this low-tech ship.

Anyway, getting late here, but I'll try to get some screens up tomorrow. I've a lot more texturing and colour work to do first though.

Scoob.

7. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

So I have a dilemma... I am trying to build a larger sized CV *cringes* and I am having trouble with the front/cockpit/bridge area. So I will seek out some public assessment.

Here are the two versions I have created:

Creative 1_2017-08-26_18-46-57.jpg
    Creative 1_2017-08-26_18-50-18.jpg
    Creative 1_2017-08-26_18-50-44.jpg

Here is the backside. I have seen some ships on the workshop recently with the open ramp approach, and then I saw another ship with a double decker terraced landing pad look that I loved, so this is my attempt at it:

Creative 1_2017-08-26_18-47-15.jpg

Anywho, the front. Which of the two do you like better? Any recommendations on a theme I have not thought of? Do link pictures! :)

Edit: For Kieve:

Creative 1_2017-08-26_19-08-42.jpg

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  8. hound

hound Captain

Frac I like the one with more glass....on the left first pic

9. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

It is that very front.... part. It just looks terrible from the side! And below!

You know what, ignore me, I will figure something out. :cool::oops::rolleyes:

10. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Now it looks like a dopey sea gull...

Creative 1_2017-08-26_20-04-28.jpg

*sob*

11. hound

hound Captain

12. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

Iblike the one on the left too. It just feels more, commanding.
    Not sure if for pve or pvp, but could you pull the pilot commanded weapons to the centre and pull the front out some? Maybe it'll look less like a "seagull"?
    Just my 2 centa.

13. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

Today, I wrapped up my largest CV at a class 4 with 56k iron and all the other bits. 13 hour build time too. Ugh.
    With this completion, I fearfully and humbly submit my very first published item to you guys to tear apart. Would love some feedback if any of you wouldn't mind having a look.
    :D

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1121137780

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  14. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

@Fractalite The left one, for sure. You see a dopey seagull - I see a mad looking snake :cool: Just play around with it, it'll come together. Cool design btw!

15. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I saw it. :)

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  16. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

I actually like the right one more. I think it looks more cool.

I'm curious about the "double decker terraced landing pad".
    Don't get me wrong i think it looks very cool, but what's the point of it?

17. Friendly Timo

Friendly Timo Captain

@Fractalite I vote for left. It just looks better from the pictures I could see. And I know you will make it work.
    @Neal I think the point of "double decker terraced landing pad" is mainly just that; Looking very cool ;)

And yeah indeed, our mining mission at Aestus last night was super fun and downright scary, but results so very rewarding. I should say that after our missiontime was going out and it was time to RTB, both me and @Starwing6 got this weird issue that we couldn't lock on to planets in order to make a warp jump. Lucky we got very experienced space navigator at the bridge who took care of that. Playin as captain for Ilmatar for this mission, I handed over the controls for our 1st officer, @rainyday who got the job done. First time he ever tried out Ilmatar and gave her a smooth and skilfully executed landing.

Rainyday at the helm
    rainy first.jpg

18. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

@Fractalite the one at left is the most stunning of the two--I'd buy her if I was at the CV lot, comparing options ;)

19. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

@Fractalite I'd go with the left, but don't ask me why...

20. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Best reason of them all!

Here's what i'm working on today.
    It's another entry in my Omega Outpost ships series. (like the Messenger for Example)
    Unlike the other ships in that series, i'm not going to take account a possible energy shield system as protection for it.
    (not going to wait for that anymore)
    NewGame_3_2017-08-27_11-13-51.png NewGame_3_2017-08-27_11-13-16.png NewGame_3_2017-08-27_11-13-38.png

Just like the other ships, it's going to be able to land and operate in atmosphere and also serving as "Home" for the player while exploring a huge Galaxy.