What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

No practical use?!

:eek:

I can't even come up with a witty response because tables are serious business! LOL They weren't before, but then I got an unpleasant switcharoo happen in the middle of a project, and that particular replacement was simply sadness. When I walked into the base with the sadness table and saw it looking nice, I freaked out in a happy way :D :D :D :D :D

2. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I finally finished painting and texturing the guest rooms on my space station. Every time I turned around I was finding another room that needed doing but those are finally done. Now it's miles and miles of ductwork which is taking forever even with the symmetry tool. Then it will be on to engineering. Slowly but surely it's getting there.

3. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Sure if I were to set up a mining outpost or some other permanent base that could feasibly produce & house the said mining HV, maybe then. Don't like just pulling stuff out of my pocket and leaving them behind :D But this was just quick entry to the moon to get a resource we needed the most (sathium). Like I said - I like immersion - and probably just make the game more difficult for myself. But that's fine. Good thing that there are many different ways of playing this game :)

If I had all the time in the world - sure, why not. But most of the time that's not an option, though... :(

4. Friendly Timo

Friendly Timo Captain

OMG @Tyrax Lightning! What do you think we are? Barbarians? I enjoy my morning Kavae Coffee in our expedition base from a nice table that complements the fengshui of our carefully colour-coordinated kitchen. :p

5. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

I love the tower very much!! My best suggestion for the slope of the tower is that if you cannot make it a perfect compliment to the rest, perhaps try to make it the focal point instead. If it's going to be jagged, make it stand out and be proportionally jagged. Then everyone will be amazed and wont have a clue of the way you first envisioned it... until you get those block shapes and build another, of course ;)

Tyrax Lightning and Kieve like this.
  6. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Nope. That's all the fuel the vessel is carrying in those tanks. All 252000 units of it. No spacing, no protective walls, all tucked together in couple bigger tanks. And the surrounding tanks are not even combat steel! (But I did opt for DOUBLE doors for the maintenance access :eek: ). Anyway, happy hunting... ;)

20170828114952_1.jpg

7. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

@rainyday I really like the external tanks full of fuel though. It actually makes more sense for any non-combat vessel. The fuel is radioactive and extremely volatile, plus science experiments onboard could be a lot more sensitive than anyone gets up to in the warships. :cool:

8. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

I think you might have just given @Tyrax Lightning an aneurysm... [​IMG]

9. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

I know :D That's why I didn't tell him I do the same for oxygen...

10. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

I love that design, especially the clear lines of it. Looks very 70's -ish Sci fi (not sure about that, though), anyway very nice looking!

11. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

The other day, I shared some pictures of Wyvern's 3rd floor, AKA "The role playing floor." I said the Administrator's Office was done, but it wasn't the truth because there was no art. I think the lesser crew member who serves as Administrator probably likes to feel special.

[​IMG]

This is the front room, where people other than the bridge crew would be kept waiting for awhile, due to the Administrator needing to pull power trips ;)

[​IMG]

This is where the Administrator works, and where new workers are made to stand while being interrogated about the contents of their vessel, details of their transport contract, and their intentions, political affiliations, personal relationships and traumatic childhood memories. :p

Across the hall from the Administrator's Office is the Crew Commander's Office.

[​IMG]

I imagine the Crew Commander is probably a real decent person, who the Captain could call upon in a crisis, if need be! The Crew Commander just likes to do the job, help out the temps by explaining how everything is done, and make the duty schedules--that's it, no nonsense, and definitely "no frilly, fancy junk in here." lol

I also set up a new server for Creative work. It was really nice to show @Friendly Timo and @rainyday around the places I have done. I made them check out the Women's bathroom after the Men's room--it's only fair because I spent a good bit of time in the Men's room. But when Wyvern is out of the shipyard, I'll only go in there if there's a fire or something needs repainting ;)

@Friendly Timo needed to work on thrusters and accidentally placed one extra on the port side, due to a misclick. He looked all over for it but it was well hidden! There was another thing he wanted to work on and he decided to make a test copy of the ship somewhere else for that. I suggested that he also tear apart the port side to find that hidden thruster. He found it and I was able to go remove it from the WIP version.

At the end of the night's gaming session, I got the sensors in the hangars to work together the way I wanted. On my first try even! :cool:

12. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

I'm not sure about the design, especially the proportions but also in general.
    It's very hard not to make it look to much like a Star Trek ship.

For this ship, i'm not sure if it needs more "flesh" inside the circle, but on the other hand, i don't want it to look to much like an Akira Class.
    It's almost frustrating to come up with something new, because most designs i like are already official (or better said, canon) Star Trek ships or someone elses fan design.

NewGame_3_2017-08-28_11-54-21.png NewGame_3_2017-08-28_11-54-31.png NewGame_3_2017-08-28_11-54-34.png NewGame_3_2017-08-28_11-55-07.png
    So, what do you think?
    Please don't be shy to criticise it.

13. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

I absolutely love your sense of interior style. The wood trim in the admin room is brilliant.

14. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Ahh, don't remind me about that stupid movie... :mad:

Seriously, i though i heard that almost All starfleet ships are supposed to be able to do that in an emergency, although we've never seen that, except for one occasion...

As much as i know, the Galaxy Class Saucer seperation was supposed to be an maneuver not just for an emergency, but also for combat.
    The Saucer was supposed to seperate and escape while the Engineering section was supposed to fight the enemy.
    Which doesn't make much sense, since the Saucer Section (with families and Children on board) could only fly at Impulse (sublight) speed on its own. (While literary every enemy ship could easily overtake them, in case they would survive the attack of the Battle section.)
    Saucer Seperation seems ok in an emergency situation (like a Warp Core breach) but escape pods did a fine Job on other ships and various occasions too. So i don't think that was the main purpose of it.

As much i would like to, but that's way beyond my abilities and patience, lol.
    I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Tyrax Lightning and Starwing6 like this.
  15. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

was more than one(ce) ;-)
    btw nice model!
    I'm excited to see the finished product!
    Do you plan to give it some better movement/manoeverability?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  16. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

She's got style. Not exactly my taste, but style none the less. :)
    For the saucer, perhaps two 45-degree corridors/braces branching off the central piece? Helps give it a more reinforced look while avoiding a full disk (though "rounded forward section with engine nacelles" immediately draws Trek comparisons anyway).
    EDIT: Like what you did with the Raumkreuzer. I liked that.

From previous pics, I can say the only thing that really jumps out at me as "wanting a fix" would be to connect the underslung hangar more directly into the upper hull. Since it looks like you're trying to keep them distinct (black horizontal bracing), perhaps lead a similar brace off each side of the hangar entry and angle up to meet the rest of the ship.

EDIT again:
    Just noticed the turret "fin" on the back. Would definitely suggest lowering it a few blocks and extending / flattening the fin out (long ramps) to give it a sleeker more built-in look. Kinda looks like an afterthought right now.

Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  17. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

@Neal I've just seen, you're using the naming "Omega Outpost" etc too. Didn't know that. Now you've got strengthening ... sorry 'bout that.

18. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Cool, thanks for the input!
    Yeah, the circle needs a bit of reinforcement. I'll definitely wuill add something similar like the Raumkreuzer has, creating something like a big "Peace"sign. lol.
    You're absolutely right the "fin" wasn't initially planned, i just had the feel there needs to be something on the upper side. At first i wanted it to looks like a big triangle, but it looked rather crappy, hehe.
    I'll lower the fin a bit, maybe making it a bit longer and flatter. But i want to keep it destinct, to avoid to make the rear part of the ship look to cluttered.

The Hangar bay and the main body of the ship are connected via a small "neck" (which isn't visible very much on the images).
    I don't know about the additional strouts, i'm afraid it could make the ship look too chaotic for the eye. But i'll try and see how it looks.

Thanks again for the suggestions, very appreciated!
    If you or anyone else has more ideas, please let me know.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. You have something named "Omega Outpost", too?
    Why shouldn't you have something similar?

19. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

right... only a few posts above you see it... my Omega Outpost... and I have some more Omega Stuff in my Workshop...

20. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Due to an unfortunate oversight, I was without internet for the last 4 weeks, the day i got it back on just a few days ago, the power supply popped in my gaming rig.

I still have access to empyrion on an old pc, not good enough to run around on planets with its 2gb ddr2 ram but runs with good fps when I am in space a way out from the asteroids, and so I have been able to continue building at least in a nice hangar I have just released along with several new SV.

SV builders shipyard: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1118099244

P-S-S Class 1: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1118122264

P-S-S Class 2: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1118866512

Venom P1: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1118866246

B-A-S-T-Class 1: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1118124999

B-A-S-T-Class 2: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1117821632

Impossibee MK II: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1122413277

This next build is unique in being my first attempt at an interlocking CV to BASE design.
    The explorer star CV can dock to the roof of the hangar using the airlock as access.

EXPLORER STAR CV: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1118163230
    HANGAR BASE FOR EXPLORER STAR: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1118163010

I released 3 emergency shuttles also, class 1, 2, 3 not linked here.