What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. john.73738

john.73738 Captain

Time to take a break from the Capital Vessel and go back to the Asteroid base. Added 127 growing plots, and a food processing facility. Next will be an ore processing plant, and administrative offices and I can start texturing.

Nearly complete. Not usually to happy with my creations, but I think I am going to share this one. Just have to find the right asteroid to plop it into.

20170831003231_1.jpg 20170831003254_1.jpg 20170831003317_1.jpg 20170831003341_1.jpg

2. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

I'm no expert on exterior paint, by any means, but a couple things jumped out at me. First was the indigo coloured lights texture--the texture really works there, but it might look more fantastic in green--perhaps a darker shade than the triangle details so it doesn't draw your eyes away from those too quickly.

I know the you like the black and red, but it seems to take away from the green and black theme, in my opinion. Maybe the darkest shade of green on combat steel, and the black in the smooth, sleek steel would look even better?

I'm really loving this alien design! :cool:

Tyrax Lightning and Faith like this.
  3. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I really like this. So cool having an asteroid as part of a base like that.

Tyrax Lightning and john.73738 like this.
  4. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I'm still iterating on the guest rooms. I have a standardized layout which works but I still felt like something was missing. It's basically a big room up front and then two smaller rooms in back(bathroom on the left, bedroom on the right). I have more space so I can add extra details that I couldn't before but it turns out I have even more space than I first thought. I built the apartments/guest rooms on a raised block.....which means I can make split level rooms.

Second generation room. This was just a single bedroom in back.
    [​IMG]

Third generation. Split level bedrooms in back. I'm still working out details of the main room. Trying to see what interesting design elements I can incorporate to give it more character. Really wish we had more options for tables, chairs, kitchen and other deco. Some better carpet textures would be nice too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Teaser shot
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    Krenios, oojimaflip, jmtc and 6 others like this.
  5. Faith

Faith Captain

hmmm, i think i will try that out and show some pice
    And thnx i appreciate every idea thrown to me ;)

Starwing6 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

@Siege Inc. That should be the new ITS - Intergalactic Trading Station!

7. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

It would be soooo awesome if the devs could figure out how to add a POI setup just like that.

8. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

@Tyrax Lightning No, no deathmatch arena ya silly git. :p

This is a respectable establishment! You're looking for the wretched hive of scum and villainy next station over.

Wild_XIII, Tyrax Lightning and Kieve like this.
  9. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Shouldn't this not be quite easy?

1) We only have a few different Asteroid-POIs, so @john.73738 you should check what your asteroid is called, therefore just check the playfield.yaml what Asteroid you have

2) set up a new POI consisting of both, the asteroid + the POI -
    OR
    3) set up the Asteroid like already done in the playfield.yaml
    + Add the POI exactly over the Asteroid in the appropriate coordinates

Yes, like now, the Base has to be cleaned up like underground bases on Planets if placed manually, but for underground bases which are set through the generation phase, the interior is already cleaned...

Tyrax Lightning and john.73738 like this.
  10. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

I only noticed last night just how much info is on the stats window these days and how useful it is too include with workshop uploads, therefore I will be sure to include thruster active stats pics with all my future builds and update some existing.

I made this at like 3am...
    1.png

Stats pic included, allowing my item description to be as minimalist as the ship itself xD
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1124612455

I want to get back to building the sleek designs again like I did with the DSS & DPV (cv & sv) i made a few months back which were a breakthrough for me in using triangle blocks

Im looking to make my first large class cv in the coming weeks, hopefully with a lot of triangles :3
    This pc wont handle a 100k block ship spawn though, awaiting a PSU for the gaming rig then im back in business...

For now we will continue to build small SV :D

Its amazing what I have achieved so far on 2gb of 200mhz ddr2 ram XD

11. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@john.73738, nice work indeed. I like the way you distributed the structures. That makes it look to me like a real outpost that started small and then grew.

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  12. Faith

Faith Captain

did u meant it that way?
    20170831165522_1.jpg
    I tried some other stuff, too. I seriously have to built something with dark grey combat steel texture.
    20170831165920_1.jpg 20170831170421_1.jpg 20170831171722_1.jpg 20170831165947_1.jpg
    still the dark green idea seems good and makes it a little bit dirty (not so clean like the red and black) and soo in this way also "different"/"evil".

rucky, Starwing6 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. john.73738

john.73738 Captain

Thanks. This has been really fun to build. Like yours I have living quarters for the "Commoners" then I am making a "high rise" luxury accommodations.

I agree.

I have never tried any of this, but I am certainly going to check it out. My save game is starting to get really buggy with the updates, and I do not want to lose all my hard work starting a new game. This way I cam place it into a new game.

Oh, also what is the easy way to do multiple quotes? I just open the reply in a new tab and copy/paste. I know I am not very good at this stuff.

Thanks for all the replies.

Bear

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  14. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

That's how I do it too.

Neal likes this.
  15. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

I'm glad for any serious input and new ideas! Especially from a fellow Star Trek fan. :D

The tricky thing is to guess, what ppl. expect from a CV.
    Some want to fly the in first person and prefer them to be really agile, others (like me) prefer 3rd person and mouse as camera control (it just gives the game such a grand and cinematic feel TBH.)

Tyrax Lightning and rucky like this.
  16. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Yeah... what I expect from a CV I fly is rather barmy compared to other people... that's why I build my own. :p

I do 1st Person View for my CVs when flying in my Main Cockpit cause I stick my Manual Fire Weapons near my Cockpit & do some of my own fighting while flying my CV instead of relying ONLY on my buggy not yet fully reliable Turrets. I hide "Battle Bridges" in my Builds too for back up way to fly my CV (in 3rd Person) in case my Main Cockpit is defeated.

Siege Inc., Neal and rucky like this.
  17. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Impossibee MK II updated....

The small front and rear thruster are replaced with medium for a little more power.
    Motion detect door added with manual override switch inside (green)
    Main power switch added (red)
    Spotlight switch added (white)

My routine is to walk toward the vehicle, it opens by itself, I step inside and flip the green switch to shut doors and kill sensor.
    Flick the red main power switch for power if you cant be bothered to open CP ;)
    I should make another switch to power all the thrusters then cp wont be required at all ^-^ maybe later

If your not requiring o2 then flick the life support switch off in cp, this disables the vent and actually saves some power, in builds with multiple vents you burn a lot of power for nothing if your not requiring o2 as the oxygen switch in cp does NOT shut the power usage of the vents even though it visually powers them down.
    I usually add a separate life support switch next to the oxygen switch into most of my builds for this reason.

Exterior painted black and orange
    Interior devices all grey.
    I think she looks a lot better...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1122413277
    5.png 1.png

18. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

Not much time to play the past few days but always trying to figure a build out in my head.
    With the time I have had, it's been in creative tooling about on my CV tweaking it from little things I've found to add/fix while actually using it.
    But today I wondered wtf I was thinking with my two versions of my Molerat mining HV. No point having the v2 be just with the laser drills. Pointless.
    So I made a cute little runabout with guns. It won't conquer a POI but it will protect your back while you explore and makes for a good hunting rig. I do like the new shiny metal texture with the browns now!
    Miner on the left, guns on the right.
    [​IMG]
    And reversed for their cute little butts. Both also have O2 and cargo/harvest box accessible for that immersion and staying alive thing.
    [​IMG]

Cheap(ish) builds too but not on the level of you legends!

19. john.73738

john.73738 Captain

This would be easy if I had any idea how to do this. Can you please instruct. I am really a noob when it comes to this stuff.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  20. john.73738

john.73738 Captain

I built a similar SV for early travel into orbit for Sathium.

Nice ship.

I like them. Significantly better than I can do on SVs and HVs.