What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

I was taking a look around my skyloft now that I can see it on a big screen !
    Shame im not on the gaming rig with the graphics cranked but that will be back online soon enough...

I wonder if this would make a good admin poi for a server ?
    Players can enjoy an epic view.
    Its basically a very high up obvservation deck with a unique method of transport.
    You would see everyones builds from miles around up here.

You can see this from miles away too.

My settings are low in these pics, LOD low deco low and the water/sky shader thing at the bottom turned off.
    Those of you at max settings would get an awesome view from here.

Pics taken on Omicron.
    ggg.png ggg2.png ggg3.png ggg4.png ggg5.png

2. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@Furious Hellfire, great vistas even at the lower settings. The light blue tint combined with the white spot atop some of the hills makes them look like the ocean in a couple of the pics. My first thought was "Wow, amazing!" My second was "Which planet is that?" Even Oscutune has the calmest seas I've ever seen.

3. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Its well nice huh ^^
    There are even birds flying around up here, that room has another room above it double the height.

If anyone wants me to come and set this up on a server for a gander, let me know, im running a server from my lappy but it wont show in the list, even with my 10 years of port forwarding and game hosting experience xD
    Was hoping to invite people across to check out these crazy elevator designs and stuff.

Seems virgin media's superhub 3.0 is a melon.

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  4. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

I'm building a lighthouse on Oscutune. One of my early attempts was tall enough that I was level with the birds on the observation deck. Those birds are so big close up that I whipped out my T2 pistol when I saw one approaching out of the corner of my eye. :D

5. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Of course! Improve on things if you can! I maneuvered things the way I did because I am trying to get away from having any kind of internalized thrusters. This is in response to what the developers have been communicating for some time now and may actually occur in A8.x.x/9.x.x/10.x.x; that thrusters will not work when blocked by things, or perhaps will only function "through" a few block types(part of the reason I am willing to have them behind circular enclosures.

Plus I am a sucker for a really nice engine room/engineering section - the more artistic the better.

Yeah, and the only reason engineering has windows is because you can get away with the lower hp's in single player survival/co-op survival. The trick is, were the developers to add better weapons to hostile POI's/NPC's, that might have to change. :) But it is an easy fix.

With respect to the grav gen.... *ahem* well, its because I got so caught up in painting the ship that I forgot! Argh! Embarrassing! I had planned to sneak it in one of the nacelles. It can go anywhere, and frankly is something the players(presuming you upload this ship, which you do not have to) or you or myself can add after spawn.

On a related note. The engine count/output is fine for Akua and Omicron, but would likely be pushed into the red on High-G worlds. So a third p-gen would likely be needed. But the starting count, like the fuel cells, is fine to begin with.

Oh yeah! And one other thing. I found I could only bear to install weapons on the underside of the ship - because it ruined the smooth lines of the top side but it would likely need the last two cannon turrets and there is room to install them on the top sides of the nacelles.

Neal and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Haha! I have done this too!

*AH GOD IT IS A HORRIBLE NEW TERROR BEAST THING THAT GOT ADDED AND I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT AND HAVE NOT SEEN AND RUN FOR YOUR LIVES AAAEEERGGGHHH SHOOT IT SHOOT IT!!!!!!*

Oh, its a sparrow.

*quietly, discretely holsters weapon*

7. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Things really have change since I played with this, I can't recall what version it was, but my CV's would come to rest with half a block clearance, i.e. the CV would not touch the base except where I had landing gear. If the BA was totally flat, it was fine of course, but having some sort of shaped docking area never worked for me. Even more keen to play now...

I recall in a very early game - must have been in 3.x - I built a very tall CV. It was tall more because I underestimated the size of the build area, so I built up, rather than by design. Anyway it was late both in game and reality, and I was building in the enclosed upper decks when a bird flew through the CV's wall into my face. I actually physically jumped it startled me so lol.

I do hope birds become proper, solid critters one day, it's be nice to have air borne threats that aren't Drones or PV's.

Scoob.

8. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@Fractalite, :D:D:D
    Oh, it's a sparrow.......................................I knew that. I was just testing my reflexes.
    (Reflexively looks around to see if anyone saw)

Starwing6 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I finished decorating the last of the guest rooms on my space station. City levels are finis. Holy crap I'm glad that's done. Big hurdle out of the way. Moving on to engineering.

I'm considering ripping out engineering and redoing it. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  10. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

So I've been plodding along playing survival and was getting a bit... bored. I figured it was time to settle down and conquer a planet and wanted to spawn Argentspire in all its glory. So I did. I made landfall in just my sv pod and bare essentials to "make it" on my own with the blieprint ready to go.

Seeing as i'd taken the PV out during scouting from the CV I still needed an SV to go after some of the POIs but I didn't just want to pull another blueprint or build yet another box.

With a vague idea of what I wanted for weapons instead of my usual rockets and gatlings I set out for some inspiratiin and suddenly thought, plenty of Trekkies beside me so lets see if I find something that might fit. It's still in progress and oics of that will follow, but this is what I'm using as a guide.
    The AC-477 Valravn.
    [​IMG]

11. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Love those loadout pics. It would be fun for me to be able to have racks for two unguided bombs. They'd be made from easily available materials and do around 400 damage, but they couldn't be dropped if your ship was more than 45 degrees from from the vertical (No dive bombing) or more than 200 meters from the target in any direction so that they wouldn't be risk free and you would have to practice for them to be practical. I don't need advanced physics, if the bombs always followed the same angle relative to the release point I'd be fine.

12. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

There's times when i've wondered if the Devs are capable of being evil enough to give POIs Homers... :p

rucky, binhthuy71 and Its Just Steve like this.
  13. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well I have to disagree on that because I think people look at Space Engineers and believe other games will run into the same problems with a Piston and rotor like system . I think Elon adding that in the Unity engine will work a lot better than in the Engine SE is using.
    Looking at games like DU who will be doing something similar with moving blocks i think this feature will be a must at some point just to be a competitor for games like this in the future. Starmades system of moving blocks work fine and you can create the sametthing using Starmade's logic gate and rails system that you can create with SE's rotor's and pistons.
    I have to be honest building a ship with moving parts you build with a moving block system makes a big difference. The ship feels more alive and real then when just building a ship that anything animated is pre made for you.
    This is just my opinion but I would really like to see something like this added in Empyrion and it will take the game to a whole new level.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  14. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

I've thought the same many times and tried to build a "bomber" with unguided missiles but after the no shooting through blocks update it's no bueno. And didn't feel right either.
    I also tinkered with the thought of a ww2 fighter but nothing felt right other than the warthog for the loadout I want. Maybe I'll try that next.

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  15. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

16. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

17. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

18. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

19. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Pyston has an amazing talent for utilizing the shapes we have to create a distinctive look..

20. Darkscis

Darkscis Captain

Pyston's interiors are just on another level. I am simply amazed by what I see in his creations every time.