What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I saw a pink Unicorn fly past on the Oblivion server !

True story !

2. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

Much the same here. Depending in the purpose of the build I will have a "Standby" mode with just the critical equipment running, combat/cruise modes, planet/space modes, artillery/predator turret switches.

Would be nice if we could keybind them instead of having to go into the cp but really, it's 5 seconds to do. I do like the addition of the switch blocks to sv/hv though which for bigger builds means just getting in and out of the vehicle can trigger power to everything etc.

Furious Hellfire and Neal like this.
  3. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I've been redoing the crew quarters instead of painting engineering. The redesign is going well. The spacing worked out perfectly! Can't ask for more than that. It ends up being 48 more rooms to paint/texture/deco though(half that with symmetry really but still....). /groan

But they look pretty rad(if you like a more spartan look that is). This and the engineering sections are the next big hurdles to get out of the way. Hopefully they'll be done by the end of the week. Size class 140 now.

Oh well would you look at that. I seem to have run through another stack of furnishings deco.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  4. john.73738

john.73738 Captain

The one on the left is epic....in a tiny way. I hope you do post it, because I would certainly subscribe to it.

Look like something out of a 70's Sci-Fi movie. I like it.

Robot Shark and Neal like this.
  5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Before the CP had the current built-in options for O2, Thruster etc. I used to make walls of switches on my BA's and CV's. I'd tie them up to small LCD's that'd power on/off with the switch, for an easy at a glance look at the current status. I also have sensors and lights on my various docking pads, the plan being that I'd have a status screen inside, however, my plan sorta got scuppered due to sensors not detecting things once docked.

I actually thought it might be fun to have a new type of sensor that simply detects what's on it. So, it'd report something like "HV Thug" if my HV, called "Thug", was parked on it. Basically a sensor who's output could be directly displayed on an LCD...

Still not had time to play...it's been ages! See you guys in 8.x *sigh* ;)

Scoob.

6. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

The Valravn is coming along nicely. No wait. I changed that a little and then entirely and now the side profile is crap. Change, change, change...

After a few modifications I still haven't made much progress after a ton of time working on getting something I like for the nacelles. Without proper curve blocks I've had to adjust the design a bit and it's killing me that it seems so familiar but i can't quite place where from.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wonder if @Kieve can help me figure out what it reminds me of...

7. Wild_XIII

Wild_XIII Captain

I've only just realised just how tiny we are compared to our toilets. :eek:

NewGame_24_2017-09-06_22-57-08.png

Mortlath, Kieve, ion_storm and 9 others like this.
  8. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

And walls are all 2 meters thick.

9. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Today I thought I would start out on a journey to explore the Xenu_Mining_Base on Skillon. Have yet to go through it and each time I want to go find it, something else comes up.

I set about the early game; mining, crafting, and raiding. Fetched me a mighty fine messenger(Survival) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1128394972&searchtext= off the workshop and set about gathering my things for the trip. On the way I obliterated a freighter in Akua Orbit, and then when I warped to Skillon, there was another! Woo hoo!

Gotta say @Neal I can see why you like the "happy" aspect of the star trek designs. There is something about this ship that just kind of makes you want to be in it/near it.

20170906145327_1.jpg

It just kind of makes you happy... :)

Then when I landed, I had the same effect from inside:

20170906145827_1.jpg

20170906145909_1.jpg

There was the alien landscape in all its glory. The contrast between the emotions the ship prompted vs the planet was great fun. The first picture out the windows. Fantastic! Simply fantastic! You just want to sit there and view things.

Which I did. You are so removed from it somehow, and it provokes confidence and a sense of wanting to explore. Then I flew around the planet looking for the structure.... did not find it...? Either was removed or it spawns on another planet and my quest continues... :oops:

Then I made my way to Masperon. Entered atmo very near to the PV base and promptly flew down and killed it then looted its rotting corpse. The picture back was also awesome...

20170906155122_1.jpg

MINE!

20170906155317_1.jpg

So ends the evenings fun. Not sure what to do next.... maybe start a new game and go from Omicron to Aestus and topple the factory? Maybe take down the alien sector base - which I still have yet to see?

Tis a decision for tomorrow.

Kieve, Faith, rainyday and 7 others like this.
  10. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

SHWIP copy.png

Kieve, Pantera, rainyday and 9 others like this.
  11. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Here you go. SV-Rocket Bike V2

I also decided to keep the original.

12. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Some people need bigger toilets. LOL ;)

13. JDaremo Fireheart

JDaremo Fireheart Captain

What a great idea. Might implement that in a CV design.

Would still like to get my hands on the smaller one.

@john.73738 Looks great. I'm not into long and skinny but that's a nice looking ship.

@Furious Hellfire wish I could help with the switches. I'm still trying to figure them and motion detectors out. Now, The Orville looks like it would be a fun build . . .

@binhthuy71 LOL, Thanks for the Postcard.

@Neal Great system for the switches, I love it. Are the constructors worked into them in any way?

@Wild_XIII Don't fall in . . .

@Fluffy Vroom Vroom!!

Wild_XIII and Neal like this.
  14. jmtc

jmtc Captain

Made a lot of progress on the New Horizon today. I've made a good start on interior fittings, deco and power groups. Am about 90% happy with the exterior as it sits now.

testnew_2017-09-06_21-00-40.jpg testnew_2017-09-06_21-01-23.jpg testnew_2017-09-06_21-02-13.jpg

Kieve, Faith, Sasquatch and 4 others like this.
  15. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

I'm glad you like it! :)

But only if you treat her well. :D
    Ok, seriously. Please keep in mind that it's just a prototype to test new ideas.
    No guarantee that it performs well or if it even works under some circumstances.

EDIT:
    Oh boy, i just noticed that the bigger version turned out to be slightly too big...
    NewGame_3-170907-0255_2017-09-07_07-24-54.png
    That's a shot of the interior which is left after i have made all the rooms i need....
    I guess it's time for something more in the middle... :oops:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  16. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

It's the survival rations, you need a hefty toilet to handle the aftermath of those.
    I remember what happened to me after I had a few MRE's...

-----

For today, I stuck around in creative. For some unknown reason I felt that I needed to increase the speed and functionality of the Cube.
    I still do not understand why it appears when you look up my workshop in Google, but if it's popular I might as well make it a full mobile base.

... It does not meet the challenge I posted earlier (it needs 2 small T1 generators) but it's still a LVL 10 CV.

20170906225216_1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  17. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

It's his Name... you know... Cube... like in "DEATH CUBE"... :p
    But I'm not sure if that audience is what you wanted to appeal... ;)

btw. nice Micro-Base-CV! Similar to my Home-One...

18. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

This is a great idea having status screens indicating vessel function status, I just gave it a try on my roddenberry and added seat status, hatch status, engine power low or high status, cockpit seems more functional and informative now as you will notice by some of the last few pics on this entry http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1122335699

19. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

JDaremo Fireheart and rucky like this.
  20. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Started another game on omicron and set everything to hard. So it should be interesting!!

Screenshot (701).png

Screenshot (713).png