What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Aww, thanks!

Regarding the criteria.
    I didn't give it much thought until now TBH, i go mostly for the feel of a ship.
    Most of the ships i made are Explorer types, having nice open interiors but also seperate sections for Bridge, Engineering and Hangar bay, for safety reasons. (It doesn't have be be that way, it's just what i feel natural.)
    But i hesitate to equip them with the maximum amount of weapons, mostly because i dislike their looks but also because i don't like the thought of having flak, cannons and Minigun turrets on my ships.
    To me, it just doesn't seem right to put 7 different types of weapons on my ships.
    I would rather have fewer types of weapons installed. Maybe one type of missile and one or two types of energy (Plasma for heavy and Laser for smaller targets.)
    Most ships don't have 2 or 3 layers of armor, i actually designed them with some sorts of energy shields in mind.
    I just hope some day, they will be a decent alternative to armor. I know i will be disappointed and all the ships i made will be utterly useless, lol.

Anyway, the outside should seperated into (or at least implied) Engines (nacelles) and the rest of the ship.
    The engines are mostly put into the Nacelles or the Ring structure avoiding hot spots at the interior caused by engines that are put too close to a corridor or similar. I'll better put them in some sort of nacelles (at least the biggest ones). Also, i often use the Nacelles as a tool to balance the visual mass of the ship to my liking. Resulting in a long trial and error phase when building a ship. :eek:
    Same counts for the Ring structure (which is just a Empyrion-ized alternative to a full saucer, where i put RCS and other things in).
    I also try to avoid too many greebles and technical looking things on the outside, i try to archieve a much cleaner and smoother looking look. I often orientate myself on various Starfleet designs i like, but i try to avoid simple imitations in general.
    (But lately i tend to think that i should just use what i like, do you think that would be too cheap?)

As i have learned, many ppl. prefer to use first person view when flying their CV, so i add a secondary cockpit on my newer ships. (flying them shouldn't be a pain for anyone.)

I hope this helps a bit.
    :)

Btw, i would feel honored if you or someone else would create a ship for my fleet.
    Cheers!

rainyday and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

I think that you have something there. Just for fun, I occasionally attack POI's with a scooter SV armed with one rocket launcher. I notice that the POI turrets have become slower to start firing and much easier to dodge.
    *Note: although attacking a POI with a vessel that can be taken out with one shot seems suicidal. It really isn't. If you keep an SV scooter as light as possible it's very agile. You stay just a bit closer than you think you should then start shooting and blip the thrust sideways + up or down after each shot. It's easier to learn than herding an HV miner. Being shot down doesn't kill you. Just run and dodge like a maniac. Having to ride the motorcycle half way around a planet back to base is the worst that can happen.

rucky, banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  3. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

That is my buddies CV. ill grab some photos and share later

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. jmtc

jmtc Captain

Please do feel free to upload your lower-resource version to the workshop - I'll probably use it myself too. I've deployed the Zeta on three planets so far, and have to agree that my choice of combat steel was probably way overkill. I've not had a single enemy land a hit on any of mine yet.

I did do some interior redeco to the Zeta tonight while building some munitions and waiting for the sun to come up over my target area on Omicron, but I haven't updated the BP yet. Will probably do that tomorrow.

Tonight I raided the Omicron abandoned factory complex and evicted the squatters in residence. They were making a heck of a racket, keeping the neighbors up at all hours, and wouldn't you know it but they brought their dogs too. At least I think they were dogs.

NewGame_6.5-170728-2202_2017-09-12_19-14-45.png

5. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Not bad for a day's progress I suppose...
    6.7_2017-09-13_03-55-35.jpg 6.7_2017-09-13_03-56-34.jpg
    I saved the other 'wing' as a separate BP, in case I wanted to try building off that design instead, but for now I'm keeping the more rounded version.

Rather than upload with fixed weapons, I'm doing the same as with that Viper rebuild and leaving a number of open 'slots' available. Currently I have six allocated, though that's likely to increase as the design progresses. Ramp 'shutters' are included for protection when not in use - a Battle Mode circuit will be added to retract them and activate additional RCS / Thrusters.

6. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

7. jmtc

jmtc Captain

That really looks great so far @Kieve !

Tyrax Lightning, Fractalite and Kieve like this.
  8. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

for the Small-Generator-Challenge I had to make my Micro-CV WARPY even smaller,
    presenting the NANO-CV

MINI-W

[​IMG]

(More Pics & Stats in the other thread : ->Link)

9. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

Ugly, but functional :p

Tyrax Lightning and rucky like this.
  10. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

... on the 5th attempt to do something nifty with the core.

20170913032120_1.jpg

11. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Yea their hitpoints go up a lot. You need to make a mini gun if you don't want to reload like 3 or 4 times just to take out one NPC. Aiming for the head reduces how many times you have to shoot them but not by a lot. lol

12. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Back to working on a old CV that I forgot about. Has anybody heard the new music on Aestus ??? IT IS PRETTY EPIC!!! It's some old school early 2000s SCI FI type of music. .
    That little tiny spec on top of the ship is my character. You never realize how big your ship is until you zoom out. lol

Screenshot (763).png

Screenshot (764).png

13. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

This ship will be one day proud of my fleet :) ... Fully functional ... Well still there is a robot hill .. My EPIC Capital Ship... Hove FUN ALL :)

Teraz kontrolujem loď Motory má všade rovnake a na rovnako... Prosim čim to možem ešte zmeniť?? neviem prečo je ten tah do stran odlišny..

Now I check the ship The engines have everywhere equals and the same ... Please let me change it ?? I do not know why the move is different. PLS HELP

Stale to hladam a som bezradný pretože motory su uplne uplne na rovnako aj v ľavo aj do Prava.. max 86.7m/s na obe strany. pri rozbehnuti do stran a pusteni kormidiel loď zastavy na 0 m/s

I'm still starving and I'm ashamed because the engines are completely on both left and right in Praga .. max 86.7m / s on both sides. when you run into the sides and drop the rudder ship stops at 0m / s

Yes, the ship is left and right = forward and backwards :D Please do not let yourself be discouraged by the following table :D The boat works as it is :D left and right = forward and backwards

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  14. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

:confused:o_O

nice.... but..... different values left / right thrust ?? you wanted something unsymmetric in your build??

Tyrax Lightning and typhoon01 like this.
  15. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

I'm just arrived there ... yeah... shivering... the hot variant... 280°C... Geysirs 200°C... otherwise 80+/-°C... hot Stuff... and the (friendly) Aliens are keeping cool.... with their habitat inmidst LAVA!!!! Really!

But the Geysirs (or whatever these are)... cool!

__SURVIVAL___2017-09-13_16-05-07.png

__SURVIVAL___2017-09-13_16-10-32.png

uhm... it's creepier ingame...

and these alien scorpions... are FAST!!!

16. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Your ship looks sweet against the backdrop of Aestus.

Tyrax Lightning, binhthuy71 and rucky like this.
  17. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

thanx :)
    at night it's really creepy here; i went some Pentaxid mining... as some Scorpions came after me
    and as I'm backpedaling I were nearly cooked by one of those Geysirs... :confused::oops::rolleyes: HOT STUFF

But as I just arrived here shortly I'm just mapping the planet, killing all Drones, searching for the PV and his Base and the Drone Base...
    I'm not sure HOW I can loot some of the POIs however... some are literally inmidst LAVA at 280°C...
    And sadly Gold is NOT AutoMinerable...

edit: okay, that PV was a Joke; Classified as hard but taking out 2 Turrets and 2 Sentries with 1 Salvo Rockets each also destroyed some Down-Thrusters starting the Despawn-Timer already... :eek::confused::cool:
    not even 5sec...

__SURVIVAL___2017-09-13_16-59-05.png
    __SURVIVAL___2017-09-13_17-00-12.png

creepy...

__SURVIVAL___2017-09-13_17-13-57.png

18. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Looking at numbers you could think that his starter block 'went sideways', and that his back thrusters actually blows to the right :D

(once on MP server I captured someone's CV - it was VERY slow, but extremely good when moving in reverse ;))

19. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

You know... someday I might get my gumption up and try to build something Kieve - style.... but, I also respect an artists creating their own form, so maybe not. :)

There are so many little details to that ship that while at first glance it appears to be smoother and graceful, upon closer examination is a treasure horde. That is what, 50% complete? Sorta?

Kieve and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  20. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

The best thing to do is to build a small HV or SV with an enclosed cabin specifically for the temps. You can borrow Guardian or Explorer X-7 if it helps: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=924418483 or http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=923940644 . Either way, once it is built or you build your own, you stand with your back facing the entrance of the cabin and then use the helper drone to loot the place. The fuel and oxygen will not be retrievable but you can use the multi-tool on crates and alien containers and then they will drop their contents on the ground - and the drone can access that.

Tyrax Lightning, binhthuy71 and rucky like this.