What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

These new textures are too good not to use which means I'm going to have to retexture/recolor large portions of my space station. My original estimate that it might be done in time for Christmas might have been optimistic. :p:oops:

vicomt, Kassonnade, Darkscis and 3 others like this.
  2. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

The Star Trek or StarGate ones would be perfect for this game in my opinion.

Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  3. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Wow with the new textures it looks as if a professional developer made this HV for a game. Looks really good!!

rucky and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well with the new building system, it might be faster for you. No more painting one block at a time. ;)

rucky and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

With the new SV warpdrives I expect some of the Battle Star galactical Vipers on the workshop will get a upgrade

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  6. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Nah it's a lot of detail work so it's still one block at a time. If they could just work out the rotational issues with the symmetry plane that would help though.

rucky, Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  7. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

parked.png I just took a giant jump and stuck my motorcycle into the side of a mountain. It was stuck fast so I dismounted and picked it up.

8. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Yeah... it really is getting to look like my trying to use the very big Jet Thrusters is a major culprit in my past SV Failures. :(

I now fear that i'm the Schmuck who fell for the Schmuck Bait. :oops:

That's gonna make for a nice glowy target to aim those Homer Crosshairs onto. :p

Hell to the yeah on that.

C'mon, while the Turrets are workin, the Pilot wants to blow stuff up too dammit.

Gotta love Camo! Give @Kieve thanks for that, he worked hard to help that get in the game. :)

Might wanna more worry about your BPs being Obsoleted. :p

I think it looks rad. Ya double checked the Airtightness though, right?

Fins on the up & down directions might 'circularize' the shape & help with Rolling. :)

Sorry dude, but having stuff get obsoleted & have to have new stuff built in Alpha is completely normal. I just view it as new chance for more Mad Empyrion Science experimentation.

Nope, you're not alone on that. :)

Big begets big. :p

Also, the Mobility of the power of the Warp is an awesome feeling & we are naturally compelled to wanna protect such awesomesauce with lots of protection. :)

Well... to be fair, some Cutscenes can be so cool one might wanna watch them more then once... but yeah, often once or twice is enough, then one can start wishing that ability to 'Skip Cutscene' was as standard a feature as the Pause Button... (Sometimes I wish 'Cutscene Pause' was standard too, as erratic & unstable as my RL is.)

Wow... I totally dig that rugged gritty look! :D

I still think it'd rock most for the Donut to get very very supersized so we can fly through the 'Donut Hole' to far off adventure! :D

But on the bright side, AoE Spray for Painting & Texturing! :D

Looks as if it was made by a professional? It literally was made by a Professional! :D

Perhaps a bigger butt... :p

9. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Come One Come All! See the Beneficent Binhthuy! Human Lawn-Dart and Motorcycle Daredevil!

10. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

Let's be honest and call him by his real name: Johnny Blaze

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  11. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Yeppers.
    20170927220128_1.jpg

20170927220206_1.jpg

12. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

Yesterday I updated 3 of the replacement Wreckage shelters I made for my server, and I took some screenshots while in Creative mode on Omicron.

[​IMG]

This was my first look at the new terrain. :cool: I love the mountains so much. Now I'm really looking forward to another expedition to Ningues after 7.0 is released to the public branch. It reminds me a lot of my life in Canada, and now I think it'll remind me of the Rockies too.

[​IMG]

My character is a botanist and even though this mode is like her dream life, she had to marvel the cactus.

[​IMG]

I also played around with a few of the new textures! :D I think I'll use this as an art piece outside my next base.

Afterward, I tested the server by crashing down once. Then I wiped the save and waited for @Friendly Timo to join me for a "short game session."

[​IMG]

Akua looks so incredible!! The mountains are absolutely gorgeous. I stopped to admire the view as I organized my emergency supplies from my escape pod. I crashed by a large lake and began walking toward the beach. I used my drill to break down some rocks for a little bit of resources on my way.

[​IMG]

I know some people don't like the dinos, but I love dinosaurs and will appreciate them until they're replaced at some point. I've only seen a baby Triceratops a few times before, and they are pretty cute. :)

I discovered the Trading Station just as Timo crashed down, and we arranged to meet at the station. I set down my constructor and got to work on processing ore. Timo arrived and we went together to one segment of the Titan. We excavated a large portion of it and really enjoyed the faster drill speed! :cool:

Anyways, we both ran out of bullets after shooting down doors in the wrecked ship, so we went back to the TS to use our constructors before moving on. We wanted to find the replacement shelter to live out of until we could set up a base. We discovered it before the second night in our adventure.

[​IMG]

It's an abandoned mobile Research Module. I'm really happy this is the shelter that spawned for our first start in 7.0 Experimental. I think this is my favourite of the shelters I've made. @Friendly Timo was impressed and told me he loves it. :D

[​IMG]

We began working on constructing the necessities for a base and then I dug a tunnel to make an underground base. These are always rough and ugly in the beginning, but it's fun to build them up and do renovations to the original room when it's possible. (Even though it's only temporary.)

Timo took his new multitool and motorbike to salvage the materials from the Titan while I drilled. After setting up the basics for our base, I drilled a little tunnel over to the iron deposit. I think it's fitting for us to have a mine right in our base. :cool: I plan to remove the iron without breaking through the surface. I just wont mine it all because I don't want to have meteors coming in yet. lol

Well, you know how this game is--our game session wasn't short. ;) It sure was great to play again, and we're both looking forward to a game session with @rainyday when our schedules all line up. @Friendly Timo was able to spawn our faction SV called The Arp. The three of us built it in our public branch Survival game. We gave her a little decoration at the time, but I think the new textures will add a lot to her design.

13. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Now where's that giant cat now???
    ...me frightend looking around...

14. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  15. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

We are the Space Cats actually! :cool:

Tyrax Lightning and rucky like this.
  16. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

[​IMG]
    Oh really? Well you've got my attention now...

17. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

@Kieve :) That's been our faction name since we began playing, because Timo and I really love cats and we named some of our first creations after our two kitties.

Tyrax Lightning, Siege Inc. and rucky like this.
  18. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Building the hallways on my warship. I can't get enough of the old rusted look for some reason and these new textures are making building so easy now.

Screenshot (902).png

I think I'm done with the outside finally think the interior will take forever. Also my ship isn't air tight. So I'm trying to the missing blocks which is taking forever.

Screenshot (930).png

Screenshot (935).png

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  19. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Is it just me or do the planets look more realistic from space now??

20. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

not just you...agree!

now tell me how did you do that green glow? is that how effective the new textures are?