What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

Just make sure you coding is spot on. I would suggest opting in to exp 7 to test and then opt out if you want to return to 6.7

We are wiping yes, although its not a save game breaking update. But to fix some other bugs and take advantage of the new height maps etc we decided to do a partial wipe safe for one system where everyone can save their ships and cargo

2. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

My first real attempt of an on board luxury living space.
    A fitting cabin for my first CV designed with a hangar in mind.
    1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

8.png

3. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

4. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

It definitely was, and we really felt like we survived against all odds. There are just too few medicinal plants to treat all the poisonous bites, and not enough ammo to reasonably get through it.

The other problem with the overabundant wildlife is that surviving it means you'll never be at risk of starvation, because fresh meat is constantly attacking you!

5. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Someone suggested to lower wildlife hitpoints and decrease fresh meat looting to counter the increased spawning.
    Actual I sometimes have to unload whole magazins into enemies whithout they ever get crippled like f.e. 7 Days To Die does it.
    I hope we see such features sometimes in the future...

6. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I found a section of the ducts I'd missed previously so I tidied that up and made a couple small changes here and there. Mostly providing a pass through corridor between city levels that cut through the duct work(so added some new entry ways where it cut across). Currently working on the crew quarters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  7. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

That's a nice harmonious use of texture and color. Thoughtfully done.

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  8. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

I have a novelty .. The version of the game I now have is fully functional on the Multiplayer game and also publish the ship plans ... Well, I have one problem while watching the game I can not tune my Steam with the game so that I can publish there and take the board of the ship.. PLS help :D

Mám novinku.. Verzia hry ktorú teraz mám je plne funkčná aj na Multiplayer hru a da sa aj publikovat plány lodi... No mám v jednom problem aj ked som pozeral navod neviem previazat môj Steam s s hrou tak aby som tam mohol publikovat a aj odoberat plany lodi.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  9. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Thanks! I've put quite a few hours into that section. Now I just need to replicate the results across a couple dozen rooms.

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  10. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Wrong thread. Media forum is over here.

"Fresh meat is constantly attacking you" - this would make trips to the supermarket so much more entertaining.

11. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Your narrative echoes my thoughts the first time I played a new game in 7.

They're all trying to kill me!
    I'll just grab some...
    Oh hell.
    Okay, then I'll use some...
    Oh hell.
    I'll just hot foot it to the lake, grab some seaweed and then run flat out back to the shelter.
    Oh hell.
    Freezing? I'm not freezing...
    Oh hell.
    Etc.

With everything maxed I nearly used up my initial biofuel (Chainsaw as melee weapon) and pistol ammo before I could come up with the necessaries for more. That time delay before your stash of Akua Berries composts into biofuel has added a very interesting twist to the opening game.

12. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

I have one problem in the 7.1 in all the boats I created in the previous version does not work DECO-MEDIA CENTER ... What's the problem ?? screen 3 and 4 as evidence In the newly created ship I was working 1 but I did not react anymore .. I tried to start another new ship or it is not only counted as 1 per 1 ship but there no longer worked anymore as if they were without a drive and all else worked

SVK: Zdravičko mám jeden problém v 7.1 mi vo všetkych lodiach ktoré som vytvoril v predošlej verzii nefunguje DECO- MEDIA CENTER... V čom je problém?? dokladam screen 3 a 4 ako dôkaz.. V novovytvorenej lodi mi fungovalo 1 ale ostatne bez reakcie.. skušal som teda začat dalšiu novu lod či to nieje ako počitane iba 1 na 1 lod ale tam mi už nefungovalo žiadne ako keby boli bez prudu a pritom všetko ostatne fungovalo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  13. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

So it's working in 7.1?

14. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

It really does take too long for food to rot. lol When I got a stack of berries to 0 time before it would perish, I still had to wait a while.

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  15. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

No
    Screen is done in version 7.1

16. Furious Hellfire

17. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

18. Furious Hellfire

Not quite sure what you mean by that, all I know is she has a chunky butt, to keep all them thrusters and warp engine housed xD

Just how I like my ladies.

In general I have always loved the battlestar galactica as a traditional expected look of a spaceship from my childhood.
    A long rectangular hull with angled parts tapering up and outward at the rear.

It has taken some time for me to get to the point where my ships partially resemble that kind of design.
    I am quite happy with this as a traditional cruisey spaceship look :)

In my first weeks on empyrion I built my first cv, of a galactica inspired design but by no means an attempt to replicate it.
    It did not come out nowhere near as smooth as this baby did, but it had boxey hangars and garden rooms at the side of its rectangular structure ^-^ was never happy with the look of it but was proud of the interior work I put in :)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=921991894

19. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

Today I worked on several little jobs in Creative mode, updating some of our recent vessels. I needed to make changes to some emissive details now that they are brighter, and repaint a vessel that looked strange with its replacement texture.

I wrapped up my session by updating the interior of our HV called Venomsmite. Check out these 'Before and After' shots (before is from 6.7).

[​IMG]

That was taken during the day, while my 'After' screenshot was at night, but the new textures make the biggest difference of course.

[​IMG]

20. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

Heh, nice grouping. My wife always lands on the opposite side of the planet from me and we start off by travelling and scavenging as we go.

Starwing6, Darkscis, Bollen and 3 others like this.