What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@GTv, @Starwing6,
    My hat's off to couples who share gaming. My lovely wife, who supports and encourages my gaming in every possible way, has no interest.
    That hasn't kept us from being married for 39 years. :)

Starwing6, rainyday, Darkscis and 5 others like this.
  2. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

Me new project in game 7.1

Attached Files:

3. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

A lot of those display screen deco are broken and bugged in 7.1 right now.

typhoon01 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

Ahaaaa Ok Thenks

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

The building tools are pretty buggy too. I copied and pasted a tower and as soon as I added a block, it exploded. I tried again and same result.

6. Bollen

Bollen Captain

Ah true! But since there's nothing else to buy at the moment I spend it all on uncraftable things e.g. boosts & epic weapons.

I found a planet (in single player) that had insane amount of gold deposits, so you can always do that!

Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  7. Bollen

Bollen Captain

Agreed! But it's partly due to the block limitations (can't make round ships) and server limitations (couldn't find ONE server that would allow me to use my CV).

8. Darkscis

Darkscis Captain

I wonder if this is just limited to Akua? Both my starts were on Omicron and whilst they were crazy they weren't over the top so. I saw a screenshot on the experimental threads with so many mules on Akua that was just loco, haven't seen anything like it on Omicron though.

Has anyone else tried an Omicron start? What was your thoughts on the spawn rate there?

Tyrax Lightning and Starwing6 like this.
  9. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Haven't got around to an Omicron start. I started a new game on Akua in build 1268 and there were far less critters on medium settings.

Tyrax Lightning and Starwing6 like this.
  10. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

Flight tests have reached an excellent ;)

Attached Files:

11. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

Tyrax Lightning and typhoon01 like this.
  12. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

Tyrax Lightning and SilvRav like this.
  13. RMHaney

RMHaney Lieutenant

14. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Still trying to find a original shape i like.
    I'm struggeling to find a shape for the nacelles that doesn't look to bulky/fat, but still has enough weight to act as a visual counterweight to the ring structure.
    NewGame_3-171004-0715_0_2017-10-04_09-41-13.png NewGame_3-171004-0715_0_2017-10-04_09-41-22.png NewGame_3-171004-0715_0_2017-10-04_09-41-33.png
    This time i consequently try to keep the outer shape very clean, no unneccessary stuff or edges (apart from where it underlines the fluid shapes i try to realize).
    The flagship is supposed to be the embodiment of the fleets design philosophy.
    (i already hate to put those §$&ugly%*## turrets on it, lol)

15. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

In the past we always came down by the shelter, regardless of the in-game time of day. Since starting the 7.0 experimental, we've both crashed around the lake by the Trading Station and met up there. This time, we started almost at the same time and @Friendly Timo aimed for my pod when he entered a second after me! :cool: That was fun, and it might be a long, long time to ever catch a screenshot like that.

I'm so grateful that he and I are both gamers! :D We had a whirlwind relationship in the beginning and never even discussed our mutual obsession with gaming until we were already engaged and moved in together before the big day. :p Since then, we always played our games side-by-side, and constantly searched for games we could play together. I am certainly lucky enough to have him in my life, but playing games with him is sort of Date Night.

Now you made me feel all mushy about things. *kisses and praises husband for a couple minutes*

All the reports I've personally read about this problem of overabundant wildlife were regarding Akua. If I recall correctly, @Ranger had some issues getting wildlife to spawn on Omicron an update or two ago. I was also informed that the wildlife wasn't spawning proper on Akua before--so it just needs a little balancing.

Was that in SP? I'm playing a slightly modified (regen timers only) version of the Default Multiplayer. If you were in SP and it's balanced better, then it's possible they haven't updated the MP scenario again just yet. I did have to update the Escape Pod contents to include the ore scanner on Easy and Medium settings after our crazy adventure, so it's pretty conclusive that MP hasn't been balanced yet.

16. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Not done much regarding HV build yet.

I have been wanting to make a sort of boat.

Last night i made a simple test vessel to try and work out water hover a bit better and this is what i found out...

Traditionally placed hover engines usually result in you being able to hover above the water to move across it.
    At which point if you hold C key you will sink down into the water and cannot get back out until you reach land and also you move at like 2.0ms

The pictured vessel has 4 hover engines in its base, 4 hover engines propped up high as you can see.

when she reaches water the lower engines will act as normal until you hold space and sink her.
    once under the water the top hover engines take over, allowing you to use space to rise up to 3.m with the body of the ship perfectly touching the top of the water, unable to go higher and always able to get out of water with space bar and allowing full speed on the surface.

So in short i can drive into and under the water anywhere and then press space to rise her to the waters surface level at which point max speed is allowed.

Making a switch for each hover set allows you to switch between land and water hover thrusters ^-^ though you can leave them both on together and she will function on land and water as I have described above.
    tet.png

17. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

Now to make a slightly larger version with an airtight door in the rear so you can exit/enter while submerged and perform ops underwater. :cool:

18. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Well now that I have established a working hover system for it, I will be trying to make some cool boatey looking things soon.
    The object pictured will go no further than this as this was just a quick throw together to stick engines onto for testing.
    Also I dont think you can breathe underwater in airtight vessels without helmet, seems they are not watertight ... :(

19. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

I needed a new all-purpose SV in a hurry. Two boxes + greeble worked just well enough for the moment.
    NewGame_2017-10-04_10-50-04.png NewGame_2017-10-04_10-50-26.png NewGame_2017-10-04_10-50-48.png

20. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

This one took a bit of time...
    still WiP, but it's getting slowly somewhere...

I'm presenting you:

The RUGGED MUSTANG
    ==================

[​IMG]

Not airtight. by design. who needs O2 when he can have GUNS and HORSEPOWER?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I need antennas for SVs/HVs...

My first ever asymmetric design...

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017