What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

I'm calling her the Falcon for the moment, at least. In reality, I tore apart (read: Disassembled) one of my runabouts. This is the result. Not sure if I'm completely satisfied, tho.

In the background is a speeder I found on Omicron (creative). I also added a Warp Drive and Warp Tank to the shuttle that WAS in Omicrom Orbit so seemlessly you'd (on looking at it) think I did nothing to it. At least, untill you tried to use one of the passenger seats in the back of the ship :p

Attached Files:

typhoon01 and rucky like this.
  2. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

@Its Just Steve , @binhthuy71 ... hint... WarpHunter... aehm... ;):p

@binhthuy71 but another thing, while you SV is great, I wouldn't put on rail guns... at least not for a starter, the ammo needs Zeds now... ;)

Its Just Steve and binhthuy71 like this.
  3. LordMontecute

LordMontecute Captain

I think you might find this language IS English. You peculiar colonials speak something quite different ;)

That's better, none of this "Zee" rubbish. :D

(No offence is intended, by the way, we're all citizens of the world as far as I'm concerned)

rucky and Starwing6 like this.
  4. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Right : I speak a "French" language most people from France have a hard time to understand... But in our English courses, the teachers made a clear distinction between "casual" English (American) and "Old English"... which was spoken "in the Old World"... :D

banksman45 and LordMontecute like this.
  5. LordMontecute

LordMontecute Captain

I love the English language and history, so 'Old English' for me was something spoken a thousand years ago, then changing gradually to Middle English, spoken in Medieval times before becoming recognisable as 'modern' English.
    Apparently, in some ways, American English is similar to the language spoken by most normal people in England at the time of the mayflower pilgrims.
    However, this is sooooo off topic :rolleyes:

banksman45 and Kassonnade like this.
  6. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

Zed all the way! :D Canadians speak the clearest English, at least according to the foreigners I've met while travelling. Some people in the UK do not speak properly and drop their consonants, and it's like nails on a chalkboard to hear things like, "I'm Bri'ish," for example, and I need subtitles for butchered English. :p

But at the end of the day, I love it when foreigners speak with me, and I make it my responsibility to understand their best efforts. There are many languages I'll never be able to pronounce, so it's all good.

I'll go back on topic now. lol

7. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

LOL ;)

8. Wild_XIII

Wild_XIII Captain

There ain't nothin' wrong wit' 'ow us British speak innit!

That actually hurt typing that "sentence"! :p

Back to the topic! Spent a little while playing with the new 7.2 features and relearning all of the new changes that have come about. First thoughts on the mining was that it was awkward, but it's actually pretty decent and the massive chunks of ore you get make up for having to think about where you drill now! Also when did the motorbike become useable? The brakes are sill rubbish but overall I found it actually decent to use now and much faster than walking!

Robot Shark and banksman45 like this.
  9. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I replaced a carrier blueprint in my Playfield Yam file with this user created Star Destroyer ship and it worked fine. Just little slow but it makes the game interesting seeing this thing hanging out near the moon. Seeing this ship turn around and start shooting at you is soo epic. You guys should try this. Both ships are built pretty well so it was kind of a draw unless I wanted sit there and wait for my turrets to hit the generator. lol here is the link for the stardestroyer http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1109855173&searchtext=star+destroyer+for It is a really cool build.
    Screenshot (1231).png

Screenshot (1244).png

Screenshot (1248).png

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  10. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Still the turning radius of the bike is insanely wide... nobody could use this bike in a normal city. The problem is that on "real" motorcycles we have to lean a bit to turn, which greatly reduces the turn radius, while in the game the bike is suck on vertical.

As for mining, I found it a bit strange with the "old" system to be surrounded by colored material, and although aiming anywhere should give minimal amounts I would see the material "melting away" but not giving any ore... Now at least when the ore bits disappear they give back something, everytime.

11. LordMontecute

LordMontecute Captain

That's no moon!

(Someone had to say it)

12. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

@banksman45 is it possible (yet) to set up multiple AI ships teaming up against the player ship?

13. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

I have a more technical question... or something like that...
    I've seen it survival now, but in creative it's the same.

I have a base that is, let's say only the walls around. Then I want to spawn time after time more and more sub-buildings within these borders.
    This is not possible. Are there any Workarounds? (besides cutting the wall-base into parts too...

as an example and a teaser...

_Base_Building_02_2017-10-10_14-14-50.png
    I can't set the Landing pad nearer...

14. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Yes, I caught the change in ammo. Shame that because I was just warming up to rail guns because of the ammo density.

banksman45 and rucky like this.
  15. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

what you need to do is set the original core, not centre of your walls but RIGHT at the front. core placement is from core to core, not building to building. For instance my monorail are just base connected via precise placement.

Core, then 250 blocks one way, i add another core where block #250 would have gone from the old base, thus lining them up.

banksman45 likes this.
  16. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

not sure if you understood, I'm not trying to create huge bases.. (250 blocks and above...)

this I want:

Code:

BASE 1:

+------------+
    |  __        |
    | /  \       |
    | \C1/       |
    |            |
    |            |
    |            |
    |            |
    |            |
    |            |
    +------------+

BASE 2:
     ___
    /   \
    | C2|
    \___/

What I would want is:

+------------+
    |  __        |
    | /  \       |
    | \C1/       |
    |            |
    |       ___  |
    |      /   \ |
    |      | C2| |
    |      \___/ |
    |            |
    +------------+

that is a bigger base, only consisting of Walls (more or less) and then I can add more and more buildings while playing.

It will be possible easily when we can save PARTS as structures (without Core), which will be merged with the main (cored!) structure, but that's not possible yet.

Actual, obviously (or better said I didn't find a way to do so), you can't place a structure within the limits of another structure (of the same type, because SVs can be spawned within BA limits f.e.),
    or do I miss here something?
    ^^ that's the question

17. DuLux

DuLux Captain

I playing along with Lift Plays. Created my very first actual tried-to-make-it-look-nice SV. It kind of turned out except it's kind of chunky/messy around the "wings"
    Just about to start S9E8
    https://imgur.com/a/ykEBN

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you guys know what bm is?
    [​IMG]

18. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I have used AI manager to spawn in multiple AI control ships and each ship started shooting at me as soon as I spawn them in.
    So I think it could be possible but I haven't tried changing the playfield file to have multiple ships spawn in the same location.
    , You would have to edit the play field file so that Multi AI ships spawn near each other.
    The file has section called Path Waypoints where you give each AI ship Coordinates. to follow . I guess you could have three or four Ai ships follow Coordinates that is close to each other. I can always play with it and see what happens. That would be amazing if it's possible.

19. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

LOL I miss the classic starwars!!

rucky likes this.
  20. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Yes I know it's there, and there are already a few space playfields with more than one freighter defined there.
    But I've never encounter more than one at the same time...
    (f.e. Akua Space has 2 Freighters)