What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Darkscis

Darkscis Captain

If you don't understand that an early access alpha is subject to change, new implementations of mechanics and constant flux then that is probably for the best. Alternatively, you could test out the new mechanics and provide feedback as to where you think it could be improved so as to help drive the game towards something you would instead prefer.

2. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

oh i know its a alpha bro, im not mad im disappointed that they set restrictions so early in development, hell this could just be a test to get feed back on shipyards idea in gneral but it was too soon, and its pissed off a lot of testers to rage quit, i for one will just take a break let the game or 7.0 less buggy then come back

3. LordMontecute

LordMontecute Captain

Aha! So is that why I can't spawn my CV in Survival now? It's name is in red and it says there are old or invalid blocks in the blueprint. I only started playing the game in 6.9 and though I built the CV in experimental 7.various, I've gone all through it, unable to find any old blocks.

4. LordMontecute

LordMontecute Captain

Pictures not forthcoming because of many problems with cut and paste and SI, eventually ending in a bug rendering my mouse ineffective, other than in the PDA/control panel menu.
    I ragequit, before I threw something!

5. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

That shouldn't prevent it from spawning when they change textures like that. It just replaces the texture in game. It doesn't actually change the block type. I'm afraid you're going to have to keep looking. It might be related to something else they changed, like the warp drive. Might also want to try replacing any weapons on it.

LordMontecute likes this.
  6. LordMontecute

LordMontecute Captain

That's what I had thought too. I think I'm going to use cut and paste to divide it up and see which sections are 'valid' and which aren't.
    The warp drive changed automatically, maybe I should remove and replace it though.

7. DuLux

DuLux Captain

Found an unbelievable pile of gold on Aitis, not even guarded by Drones..

[​IMG]

Wasted 300 missiles taking down the hard PV on Aitis... and then just as I finally was parking beside it to go do some LOOTING....

POOOF!

rucky, Jᴧgᴧ and binhthuy71 like this.
  8. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Just for another giggle, somehow I think the achievement is for the wrong game.

Capture.JPG

binhthuy71, Neal, rucky and 1 other person like this.
  9. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

I don't understand the problem with needed landing pad??
    I don't need one...

can even farm / mine / whatever complete secure above ground...

__SURVIVAL_7.0RC2_2017-10-18_23-30-48.png

can attack 90 degrees to the ground...

__SURVIVAL_7.0RC2_2017-10-18_23-28-49.png
    what's this landing pad everybody is talking about??

(just joking)

typhoon01 and Neal like this.
  10. LordMontecute

LordMontecute Captain

So this is what I have started to make.
    Lots of problems with SI, so I've added some buttresses to the walls to strengthen them. I've got the back wall and a drawbridge now too, but there is a LOT of work still to do, with some outbuildings, which will also help to support the walls
    While it won't be to everyone's taste, it will give people something to do with all that crushed stone!
    I'm going to try to publish a basic structure, then a fully kitted out base. Maybe if I don't get tired of it, I'll try to make a POI too. An ancient structure, now populated by aliens. I'm thinking of trapdoors and dungeons with spikes... 383120_screenshots_20171018234433_1.jpg 383120_screenshots_20171018234521_1.jpg 383120_screenshots_20171018234643_1.jpg

Lord Montacute - Licenced to crenellate

rucky, typhoon01, banksman45 and 4 others like this.
  11. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

A little sneak peak of the luxury suites on my station. The first set is done. The rest are roughed in and awaiting deco/texture.
    [​IMG]

I managed to make a little fireplace feature. Alas, no actual fire. No bar stools either.
    [​IMG]

I tried making an aquarium but it's just not going to work. The fireplace will have to suffice. For now. I was waffling between size class 140-142~ for awhile but now it's up to 143 and growing as the luxury apartments are finally getting fleshed out. I keep finding more rooms I need to finish. I'm making progress but it feels like it's never gonna end.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    rucky, typhoon01, Sasquatch and 5 others like this.
  12. Its Just Steve

Its Just Steve Captain

Alas it has been some time since I’ve said much. Too much RL getting me busy.

But, today was all build baby, build!

I was inspired by @rucky and his rugged designs and Omega CV and a mix of @jmtc retrofitted warp SV. But me being me wasn’t finding either a fit.
    The parameters were simple. Fast, agile with a rear(ish) cockpit and swept forward arms. SV cockpit is in the “middle” but both fit my (non) demanding requirements.
    Rucky, you’d likely approve of the stats. Even if not, you’d like the handling. I think. :cool:
    WIP HV Scythe and SV Pincer. Names likely temps too.
    Both simply armed (2 minis on HV, full rocket/minis on SV) but heavy nose armor and fully hardened to take a hit if needed.
    [​IMG]
    HV on the right. Took forever to spawn the SV in SP due to the new pad req. Apparently mine isn’t latge enough now.
    Also, “open” cockpits are hard! This SV was my cherry popped on that!

And after the 6th day, they rested.
    [​IMG]

13. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

@LordMontecute looks like we had the same idea.

My own castle is not really going to be BP-able... or rather, spawnable, because I'm incorporating the natural terrain into my design.

Malthorn_2017-10-19_06-40-37.png

Aside from the main gatehouse's completed "facade", I'm still laying groundwork/outlining the inner baileys. The dimensions so far are roughly 200 x 260 x 46 blocks already.... Wait I thought the limit was 250!? 1583 cement blocks (+core) so far and as you can see, I haven't even begun building any of the walls higher than 1-2 blocks off the ground. Just trying to finalize everything's location before I really start building.

I ask myself again why I'm doing this in survival. But it's fun and it's something I'd never just be able to bp-spawn in. Just hoping I don't end up with raptor spawns inside my walls when it's done. They may be useless against air superiority, but they oughtta keep out the wildlife!

rucky, typhoon01, Robot Shark and 3 others like this.
  14. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Faith, vicomt, rucky and 18 others like this.
  15. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

typhoon01 and Kieve like this.
  16. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

I think it might just be you - I had to look up the Idris, but I don't think the Aetheria is nearly pointy or well-armed enough to wear that mantle. The 890 Jump however, was one of the images I found when googling for inspiration, so it doesn't shock me if a little of that influence is visible in the final design.

Either way, glad you like it. I think now I should go crawl under a rock and sleep for a few days, let my brain-juices refill a bit before I tackle anything so large and detailed again...

17. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

18. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

I really like idea of creating a medieval castle. Both your castles look really nice, i'm curious how they will turn out.

I really like your sense of beautiful interiors! Everyting feels so natural and open, it's really impressive.
    I wish i could do just half as good as this.

Man, this one is absoluely gorgeous!
    I LOVE the colors and the beautiful use of the availlable parts to create angles that are nice to look at, but don't feel clutterd.
    It's truely a work of art!

Siege Inc. and Kieve like this.
  19. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

Well what i meant with the idris is the general shape not the weapons. Those details like weapons are optional and changeable. I just saw that front end and the extended engine pods and almost instantly thought about the idris.

but it doesn't matter where you drew your inspiration from, you just nailed the term luxury spot on. ;-)

20. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

@Neal Thanks! Honestly I've had a lot of practice lately with how many times I've rebuilt parts of the station's interior. I had a few false starts on those luxury suites and I guess I forgot to save my work somewhere along the line because I lost some work I'd done on them but that turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I was able to start fresh and things just sort of gelled. Looking back on previous work I can definitely see the slow improvement over time.

LordMontecute and Neal like this.