What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Redchemlight

Redchemlight Ensign

Spent some time reworking the exterior of my Brawler. Built it like the A10: a gun with a plane attached. She's ugly (don't tell her I said that) but I have complete confidence being safe attacking bases, patrol vessels, etc. Problem is a recent update borked a trick I was using to provide some extra protection for my weapons. So here is version 3.0. Obligatory link to Steam Workshop.

20171021230746_1.jpg 20171021224737_1.jpg

dichebach, Neal and rucky like this.
  2. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Sorry, no roof access to the flying lunchbox.

I can always add a steel pole in the middle of the cabin....

I was a little sad with this build, I think if it as a mini-CV and I wanted to use some of the CV deco items in it.
    Sadly, the only deco item for SV's is the radar dish.

Captain Jack II, typhoon01 and Neal like this.
  3. Pyston

Pyston Captain

I am really digging the one on the left. I prefer attachment points that are at an angle, anything to get away from "a box" in this game helps to make a ship feel more like a ship and less like voxels. The left one does away with the boxy attachment points. IMO I would explore more options that way.

Its hard to do a nacelle/saucer ship without it being immediately referenced to star trek, in fact I think star trek has already explored every nacelle/saucer combo in regards to position, number, shape etc. But that is where the one on the left shines, it feels pretty unique. I dunna I dig it, I wish it was my idea :)

banksman45 and Neal like this.
  4. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Finished SentryMk.0 design.
    [​IMG]

Pretty standard Idea. Drive it to where you need it. Park it. Attach desired turret. Load and salvage-gun the OH! S**T! international Orange pieces. Area denial in place. Enjoy. more variants and options coming when I get to it. NOTE: the thing has 5 Metric Tons of mass blocks in the base of it so don't expect it to drive like a mid-90's Corolla.

5. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

Today i was a little busy finishing one of my HVs. And retexturing it...... a lot. Thanks Eleon. :p :-D NeuesSpiel_3_2017-10-22_11-34-31.png NeuesSpiel_3_2017-10-22_11-34-47.png NeuesSpiel_3_2017-10-22_11-35-04.png NeuesSpiel_3_2017-10-22_15-46-02.png NeuesSpiel_3_2017-10-22_15-46-22.png
    Still a lot of wort to do.

6. dichebach

dichebach Captain

I have a similar SV design I call "Chevauchee" but I think I'll keep that one private ;) . . . I don't do PVP often, but when I do, I pawn.

[​IMG]

banksman45, Starwing6 and typhoon01 like this.
  7. jmtc

jmtc Captain

Wonderful use of shapes and geometry!

Arrclyde and typhoon01 like this.
  8. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Kinda reminds me of the mobile defense tower I made a while ago.
    (I really need to update that blueprint).

[​IMG]

9. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

[QUOTE = "Hicks42, príspevok: 179489, člen: 16445"] Dokončený dizajn SentryMk.0 .
    [​IMG]

Docela štandardná myšlienka. Riaďte ho tam, kde ho potrebujete. Parkujte ho. Pripojte požadovanú vežu. Zaťažte a zachraňujte OH! S ** T! medzinárodné Orange kusy. Zrieknutie priestoru na mieste. Užite si to. viac variantov a možností, ktoré prichádzajú, keď sa k nim dostanem. POZNÁMKA: vec má 5 metrických ton masových blokov v základni, takže neočakávame, že bude jazdiť ako Corolla v polovici 90. [/ QUOTE]
    :D

Starwing6 likes this.
  10. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Arrclyde likes this.
  11. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

I am not quiet done yet. But on the picture you see:
    1. the messhall for the crew, i was standing in front of the flatscreen TV making that pic
    2. controlroom for the vertical mining tower on the second floor
    3. medic room on the 2nd floor
    4. main working area for the ore collecting and processing
    5. main stairway with access to all 5 floor the HV is having.

Not in the pictures are:
    - main bridge
    - both front control rooms
    - crew quarters with separate shower and toilette
    - rear weapons control room
    - front ammunition storage
    - front emergency generators
    - rear engine rooms
    - front O2 storage
    - both front fuel storage areas (no wait. actually 4, 2 on the first 2 on the 4th floor)
    - rear hangar area
    - side entrance areas with locker rooms
    - main storage area
    - upper flightdeck / docking area for the CV (maybe carrying SV)

Most is almost finished. just a lot of retexturing and painting. Just a little work on the actual building side left. Some small rooms still have no function, but i am getting there. Right now the HV is size 21 but i fear it will grow a "little" more as some of the devices are not in yet. And the, for my industrial builds characteristic, external plating. What is a problem is the lighting you can imagine that this many rooms need a lot of lighting.

The "ARRC Atlas MKII" was planned as a planetary high industrial HV. Not much of a practical use but more to show what's possible. I am planning on constructing a MKI that is smaller and more resource friendly. But i had fun to create this behemoth and still have.... although i must admit there have been times when i thought "oh man.... so much work left to be done. Screw this." As soon as i am finished i will publish the BP...... i just wonder what will happen first: Eleon brining more stuff to the game that is effecting my builds or me finishing the stuff releasing them for the public. :-D

12. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

Thank you. :) Wait for the exterior.

When i get home from work today, i'll see if i can post a picture of all the HV/SVs Eleon makes me change because of their texture update. Maybe i can get a better picture across what my design philosophy is.

13. DuLux

DuLux Captain

I've got a question folks.

Since i've blown all the turrets off the PV, he just follows me around. What am I supposed to do with him next?

How do you guys bring him down? I usually spend a LOT of ammo to bring these SOBs down... and then they either disappear before I can loot them or I have to destroy half of their blocks before they come down (since theres no Core aim anymore)

14. LordMontecute

LordMontecute Captain

I have to agree. I prefer the one on the left, it somehow seems like an upgrade. I like Siege's idea of simply extending the ring into nacelles too. Something like an elongated horseshoe with warp drives at the ends and a central circular body.
    I do like the double saucer shape, it's just a shame that ST:Discovery has come up with the same thing.

Neal likes this.
  15. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Aww, this looks so nice!
    It makes me almost jealous that we can't use small blocks on CVs and Bases. :)

EDIT:
    Btw, here's an update on my progress:
    NewGame_2_2017-10-23_11-36-07.png NewGame_2_2017-10-23_11-35-56.png

With Bloom activated:
    NewGame_2_2017-10-23_11-38-11.png

The main body isn't finished yet. What you can see there are interiors.
    I'm not so certain about the proportions of the "horseshoe" should i make it smaller/bigger or more courved?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  16. LordMontecute

LordMontecute Captain

For ST:Discovery, read "ST : Discovery"
    Damn emoticons!

Neal likes this.
  17. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

I like your (and others) CV design. To be honest, i only had time to make a couple of HVs and a few SVs, no real bases and CVs yet so i have high respect for every great CV build. I think it will be really hard for me too to build with big blocks, and i doubt i will do such a good job like you do with this pretty ship. But i promise i'll try. There is still the idea for a CV to carry my Atlas MKII around, a transporter and a "mothership". Maybe the transporter can bee a SV too when they get to HV <=> SV docking.

And maybe.... we'll get to use small Blocks on CV/BAs too one day ;-)

Neal likes this.
  18. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

Last night @Friendly Timo and I had an amazingly fun space adventure! :D We have our starter faction SV now, so it was time to visit the moon. On our way, we found Sathium and stopped to mine it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was just plain fun, so we mined way more Sathium ore than we needed! Thousands more :p

When we got to the moon, we found the Mining Hub and began looting all the medium armours and resources. (We also found night vision and other gear to share with @rainyday after.)

[​IMG]

There's an Outpost within range of the Mining Hub, so some cargo boxes were impossible to reach safely. I decided to use my drone to draw fire from the Outpost, and take cover behind the cargo, so the boxes would get destroyed and I could collect its contents. :) That was so much fun, and Timo joined in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We continued to scout the moon and spotted a lone pentaxid crystal.

[​IMG]

Are the days of crystal patches over?

We found a pentaxid deposit near a hostile defense base, but we had to get it! I looked around and said, "Hey, that crater is so close, let's land there and tunnel over to the deposit."

The tunnel we made turned out pretty neat. :cool: We prepared the location for our AutoMiner--when we return. In fact, the tunnel would be a great spot for a small subsurface moon expedition base. We're always going to need pentaxid, so a miner on our home planet's moon is fantastic!

19. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

I'll definitely use such a design. It's going to look really nice, it will probably be a smaller ship or a shuttle maybe?
    I'm still annoyed by it, lol.
    (not really ;) )

banksman45 likes this.
  20. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Today I realized that PV_Patrol_S_Easy is a sensitive soul, misunderstood, alienated . . . in need of friend. I had already noticed his(her? . . . zer? ZiZer??) moodiness, ambling as ZiZer does around near the surface of Omicron, occasionally wandering over to my base to pop off a few half-hearted shots. It was hard to regard the frequency and periodicity of his volleys as shots in anger, and the complete lack of any shots from ZiZer's big guns told me clearly: this was not a true enemy, but a tortured soul merely looking for a friend. The few volleys it fired from its copious rifle turrets were just so languid . . . almost placid. I had half started to suspect that what PV_Patrol_S_Easy really wanted, was not to destroy me and humankind as the alien interlopers we are, but to find a new friend to play with.

Now it is confirmed. Having declawed (de-turreted that is) the poor dear, here we see his/her/ZiZer's true nature coming out. It came over to my new CV while I was on the roof doing some renovations and laid its chin on my veritable lap like a forlorn puppy looking to be petted.
    [​IMG]

Here is a better shot a few hours later after the sun came up. It just wants to be friends
    [​IMG]

Wild_XIII, Starwing6, rucky and 8 others like this.