What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Last night in my SP game after taking out the terets on a weapons factory with my sniper rifles. I drove my HV up to the weapons factory walls and sent my drone over the wall. Got my drone right into the faces of the Aliens. Aliens didn't even care. AI is so bad...checked out a few cargo container's but they were all empty. AI in the game has a long way to go to improve its self. Lol a Troop transport showed up but no Troops. So bad....

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

I took on two Xenu Radar today. The first one, I had a cliff to use as cover (and I dug a little batcave to stow my SV in so roving drones didn't blow it up while I was doing my thing). T2 sniper rifle took care of the closer laser turret, then jetpacked up the side of the building to bash in a window, and I worked my way down. Learning to love the T2 pistol and the minigun.

The second Xenu Radar, the interior layout was now a known factor, but there was a wide open plain between the two POIs. With an Adrenaline shot I was able to sprint / strafe / make a run to get close enough to shoot the laser turret. And I made it! Then ensued a hectic game of find-the-next-drone-who's-shooting-you, interspersed with sniping the crogs pouring from troop transports, and finally I had a lull I was able to repeat my earlier maneuver - jetpack up, break in. The core was so much easier to nail from above when I knew exactly where it was, and worry about the downstairs mobs after it's gone and the spawn pads are disabled.

Good salvage, those raids. Looted all the everything, dismantled all the good stuff (generators, tanks, anything that gives lots of components) and hauled it all back to my foxhole.

Now to decide... do I go straight into CV planning and building? Omicron is a rough place, to be sure...

3. Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger Captain

Aye kilt tree tourettes width won rock it.

Ones.

But own lee ones.

Kyrt Malthorn and Slam Jones like this.
  4. =TCR= Big_Red

Got no idea what you said.

5. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

I honestly had to read this aloud to figure out what you were saying xD

Also,you mean one volley? How could one rocket hit three separate turrets?

Explain yourself!

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  6. Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger Captain

I am a manifestation of all of life's improbabilities made true.

Also I may have been taking a jab at grammar/spelling :p

7. Kyrt Malthorn

Kyrt Malthorn Captain

Well you actually spelled everything right and used periods, which is more grammar than many bother with. ;) So actually you were taking a jab at pronunciation.

Tyrax Lightning and Mr. Badger like this.
  8. Snowbeard62

Snowbeard62 Lieutenant

Finally finished off all resistance on Akua moon and got an epic plasma launcher at the drone base. Time to warp to Omicron and decimate that.

Tyrax Lightning and Krenios like this.
  9. Krenios

Krenios Commander

So you have build a CV ? i m little front of you. Be carrefull !

Tyrax Lightning and Snowbeard62 like this.
  10. =TCR= Big_Red

Hope you aren't driving.

11. Snowbeard62

Snowbeard62 Lieutenant

Actally I got a BP from the workshop and spawned it while working through the POIs on the moon. Now I've built a new heavily armoured rail gun SV just for Omicron

12. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Congratulations on getting the 2nd Best Epic Weapon in the game! ^_^

13. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Well yesterday I tested to see if a player has admin controls in a Single-Player survival game. They do :)

So I set my level to 20, spawned in a Kappa Corvette (which I then re-armed for atmospheric battle) and proceeded to wreck the POIs of Akua, all set to the tune of "Mama Said Knock You Out" by LL Cool J.

Two things I learned:
    1. Apparently CVs will now properly hover if you leave the cockpit in atmosphere (single-player at least)
    2. Those new laser turrets for POIs are very difficult to dodge

Either way, I had fun dropping drones within a second of getting in range, and lobbing continuous volleys of rockets at bases til they collapsed :)

14. Tyrax Lightning

Oh wow, We get to use the Cheater Controls in SP? I might have an actual use for a SP Game again then, maybe I could use it for Live Fire Testing of my Creations vs actual Monsters/Aliens that Creative Mode can't do! :D

Slam Jones likes this.
  15. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Indeed, I was pleasantly surprised when the commands I tried all worked. I can only assume that means you can use any of the controls, which makes Survival the best place to test versus PvE enemies that I've found so far :p

16. Tyrax Lightning

Sweet. One of these days I can start a Dummy SP World, Admin Power Up myself, Spawn in an Iji & stuff for it, then FINALLY test its Planetary Base & Atmo Combat powers. :)

Slam Jones likes this.
  17. Techmonkey

Techmonkey Commander

Tested my carrier this way. If I can't spawn them on my stuff, I'll spawn my stuff on them :)

18. Tyrax Lightning

I just tried some testing in Creative Mode where I made a small Dummy CV armed with a starting amount of 20 CV Pulse Lasers & test fired, they all fired. I took it up to 22 Lasers... 21 of them fired. (I determined this by having them all in a 2 high by really long Rows to get them all in my Field of Vision as I sit in the CV Cockpit, firing them, then right after Pausing the Game to count the Shots I see having fired via counting the Bullets on Screen.) I tried adding a few more, still only up to 21 of the dudes firing & showing up to 21 Guns on the Hotbar. Lookin to me like 21 is the Cap for how many of 1 Weapon can actively fire & be counted on a Vehicle, though the game allows ya to Mount as many Manual Fire Guns as ya want.

Makes me wonder if this is also being applied to Turrets under AI Control as well despite the fact that some peeps wanna build Huge CVs with maybe 30+ of that Turret Species on duty... might give some explanation to why Turrets can seem to refuse to wanna work at times...

19. =TCR= Big_Red

Still like the idea of 360 degree Lasers. Lasers powered by the ships generators. No more ammo to build. Yaya.

20. Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger Captain

Ok so, in response to that: Do you think that each projectile impact, in the case of rockets, will register simultaneously or as one large projectile? @MechPilot524 and I were discussing this a few nights ago and I completely forgot about being a mad scientist until you posted this. :D