What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I've been busy updating the Millennium Falcon's interior. It's going very well! All the new gadgets Eleon has added are nice and I've gotten a bit better at this although I could really use some computer screen/knobs/dials/machinery type textures. Also, trying to make and texture circular, curved corridors like the Falcon's is a complete pain in the arse. Just FYI. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    rucky and ion_storm like this.
  2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Captain

So today I thought I'd spend a couple of hours updating the texturing on the large Cargo Freighter I finished a couple of months ago.... Yeah Its kinda spiralled out of control and now I'm re doing the whole interior XD Its amazing how quickly these things can get out of control! But anyways here's some of the work I've done so far.

Workshop_2017-11-05_23-25-29.png

This is the CV I'm talking about if any of you remember it. I was never really happy with how the interior turned out.

Workshop_2017-11-05_23-11-49.png Workshop_2017-11-05_23-12-21.png Workshop_2017-11-05_23-17-48.png Workshop_2017-11-05_23-18-04.png Workshop_2017-11-05_23-18-42.png Workshop_2017-11-05_23-19-04.png Workshop_2017-11-05_23-19-41.png

Still not sure about it at the moment, But I'll keep chipping away at it till I'm satisfied. If anybody has any thoughts feel free to critique.

3. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

Looks very Pitch Black(y), I like.

binhthuy71 likes this.
  4. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I was just looking at that the other day. Nice work on the updated textures!

5. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Bah, what fun is that? [​IMG]

Course I remember - she's like the Angelico's bigger, more awesome cousin :)

As far as critique goes, only thing I could offer is to say that I don't think the "vents" texture works very well for a floor tile. Maybe try something else in some of those big cargo bays? The rest of it looks amazing.

6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Captain

ty for the kind comments folks :)

Fatter cousin maybe! XD

But yeah I'm still mulling the floor over, I was gonna give it a day and see how I feel about it tomorrow. It doesn't look as out of place when you're at floor level but as soon as you see it from a distance or a high angle it doesn't work as well.

7. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

so bad news my water cooler died 5 days ago and havent been able to play any game on my pc but when i get it replaced witch should be this friday ill be making a battlestar galatica basestar with lots of missle launchers :)

8. The Tactician[ Λ ]

btw this is what im building

Malekh, LordMontecute, rucky and 3 others like this.
  9. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

How... (i don't dare to ask) how's that possible?!?

10. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I'm guessing he used some of the alien blocks.

Neal likes this.
  11. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

I've gave the answer here in the other thread:
    Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 7.2.0: Unity 2017
    (2 posts later)

Short:
    1) Eleon wants us to use Creative, not Survival to build things
    2) Then we can put in all we want, right?
    3) Yes it's the Alien Core you have to place (instead of your normal one) - Blueprint goes red, but we will ignore, as Eleon ignores us.
    4) Add in all NPC replacing empty standard consoles (Alien Core Block is a Multi-Block-Selection)
    5) You can just add it to your Scenario with a CV_Player marker, even as Starting point, which means it gets automatically converted into a Player Core... WITH FULL CREW on board!!!
    6) OR: You spawn it in via "sbp" - we already have to do that I already explained. Vola, Capital Ship with your Crew ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Guys, that's REALLY IMMERSIVE, done nothing other yesterday then flying around, stopping, walking through the ship looking what my Crew's doing. Yes, mostly talking to each other, or playing some Pac Man. (Hint hint)
    Nevertheless GREAT IMMERSION!!!
    GAME CHANGER for me.

I already said I will find ways to overcome problems. And sometimes I add even something more...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    malrose1, Malekh, Jᴧgᴧ and 6 others like this.
  12. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

@Neal try this with one of your ships, I promise you will get immersed too!
    FEEL you're not alone in your ship anymore ;-)

besides these new Shirt and Jeans guys... nah, really... on my BATTLESHIP?!

13. LordMontecute

LordMontecute Captain

I was looking at loads of pictures of these on Friday, wondering why no-one has made them yet. Of course, I'd prefer the original series ones because I'm old :)

"By your command"

Malekh likes this.
  14. LordMontecute

LordMontecute Captain

I haven't reported any posts. I was just noting that emotions were running high and things were said that should not have been. I pointed it out in case you hadn't realised what it sounded like. I like to assume the best in people, especially the creative and talented people I am getting to know in this thread.

malrose1 likes this.
  15. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

I really wanted to confirm that I was just playful joking about the new POI @Fractalite is building! I forgot to say it yesterday and only explained why I made the joke. :oops: I'm sorry about that!

Yesterday we enjoyed a game session with @rainyday and it was very fun! :cool: This is the first time our characters have met up, and I recently rebooted my blog story, and I think we had a very memorable meeting!

[​IMG]

The sun was setting as I flew westward to the area where rainyday was making a base.

[​IMG]

Wow, this lake is beautiful too, and what an amazingly clear day!! :) Soon @Friendly Timo joined us and we hung out on the beach, playing and taking pictures while rainyday worked on his awesome new Lakehouse.

We offered to share some resources and tools, and we all went to the underground base Timo and I have been building. Some drones were sent out, but it was possible they could take a route to rainy's base and our turrets wouldn't take them out. I was already constructing a couple turrets for his base, but I asked Timo to fly over there and make sure the drones didn't go there.

Timo spent the night watching a spider lurking around in front of rainy's house.

[​IMG]

@rainyday was not interested in having a pet spider! **BOOM!!!**

[​IMG]

Explosions are fun, and that crater is awful impressive! I took one look at it and thought of the Xeno Steel I had tucked away at home. :D

[​IMG]

Ahhh, now that's what I call a memory hole! :p

Then, we had a mystery to investigate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's pretty weird that the lower stairs protrude oddly. From the top of the stairs it really looks strange, and from the base of the stairs, there's a shadow missing on the top step of the lower staircase.

Anyways, we all examined this phenomenon from various angles until @rainyday joked that, "Today in Empyrion we stared at stairs." LOL! Later we went to the Moon, and I was mystified when Timo flew us over the northern pole of Akua. I could see down into the dome, and the pole looked like there's an indentation into the planet.

"Hollow Akua confirmed," I said and we continued to our destination. I don't think there were popular hollow Akua theories floating around, but I'm familiar with the hollow Earth ideas. It was just fun though--I'm sure it was just an optical illusion, fun to speculate about, and hopefully never know the truth of. ;)

The Moon also had curious sights!

[​IMG]

LOLs for all of us! The security bots didn't even care!

[​IMG]

The poor civilian! He put his hands to his face, saying, "I can't work under these circumstances!"

After a while, I shot the drone. I have no answer for why--I mean, you're supposed to shoot those, and picture time was over. Except I didn't see rainyday there and I think I ruined his picture. :( Anyhow, two Troop Transports came--one after the other--and that was pretty awesome action! Afterward, we returned to Akua and call it a day.

rainyday, jmtc, malrose1 and 10 others like this.
  16. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

haha funny ;-)

17. The Tactician[ Λ ]

18. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Did nothing especially productive today. Mostly toying around with various shapes, experimenting and building a smaller version of the D.H.

NewGame_2-171023-1839_2017-11-06_11-31-35.png NewGame_2-171023-1839_2017-11-06_13-31-59.png

19. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

New Threads in General Discussion are really deep secured, seems even @SilvRav as Moderator doesn't has access to it (besides at least 8 different bots)
    Nevertheless, enjoy:

Server/Multiplayer and Creative are the most feature given modes lately...

But what's with us? Us lonely guys? Us that want to play alongside NPCs? Wanting to have a Crew on board, wanting to get immersed in the universe Empyrion could open to us? Wanting to share our adventures with others (that don't chitchat or question anything we do)?

Do we have to wait longer?
    NO.

Because @EleonGameStudios wants us to use CREATIVE MODE for our Builds.
    Then why stop at Coloring and Texturing our Builds, when there is much more we could do with the creative tools we get there?

I want to be the CAPTAIN of my SpaceShip. The COMMANDER of my Base.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, how can you do this?

Remember, @EleonGameStudios wants us to use CREATIVE MODE.

1. Build / Download your preferred CV (or BA, I will use CV here, BA is identical, there you can even add Traders if you really want).
    2. Change to CREATIVE MODE and spawning it in, finish your Blueprint (some Features are now restricted to Creative Mode, so you have to do that here and cannot in Survival Mode!)
    3. Now REMOVE your CORE and PLACE the RED ALIEN CORE Block. You don't need to make an open Path to it (I come to that later)!
    4. Now, this red Alien Block as you might have seen already is a Multi-Block Selection. After placing the Core you are allowed to place any of these Blocks.
    5. We are interested in any NPC related Blocks, Standing NPCs, NPCs on Console etc. Traders can only be placeds on BAs however.
    6. Add them to your Vessel, replacing empty Consoles now with NPCs at them ;-)
    7. SAVE to a new Blueprint (you will not want to override your existing one!!)
    Yes it's RED. Ignore that.

Now, how do you get your now fully crewed Vessel back into Game?

There are TWO ways:
    A) You want it in your Scenario. Do you know, you can even add it as Starting position?
    Code:
            # Spawn Player ships
            - GroupName: OMEGA_SV_SRS
              Type: SV_Player
              CountMinMax: [ 1, 1 ]
              DroneProb: 0
              DronesMinMax: [ 1, 1 ]
              ReserveCount: 1
              TroopTransport: False
              PlayerStart: True
              Properties:
                - Key: MapDistance
                  Value: 300

# Spawn Player CV
            - GroupName: OMEGA_CV_POI
              Type: CV_Player
              CountMinMax: [ 1, 1 ]
              DroneProb: 0
              DronesMinMax: [ 1, 1 ]
              ReserveCount: 1
              TroopTransport: False
              SpawnPOINear: [OMEGA_SV_SRS]
              SpawnPOINearDistance: 500
              Properties:
                - Key: MapMarker
                  Value: Neutral
                - Key: MapDistance
                  Value: 1000 

As an example, this is the Code I've used to spawn my Starter-SV and this CV (it's Group I have named OMEGA_CV_POI) into my Starting world.

[​IMG]

The SV (Group name OMEGA_SV_SRS) which I've given the "PlayerStart: True" Attribute will make sure that I will come down in my Capsule near that SV and then the CV.
    (SV, called "SkyRocket" seen to the right, the CV above you)

The Attribute "CV_Player" sets the CV-Blueprint to the Class CV (so it's not the Default BASE) and ("Player") replace the Alien Core with a Player Core already meaning I have my own full crewed Vessel waiting there already!

But perhaps you want to get your Ship real... with spending ressources and time in Survival?
    Okay,

B) You already have the NON-Crewed Blueprint, right?
    • If you don't want to cheat, put that Blueprint into your Factory with any needed Ressources (no we don't want to spawn it, but we want to spend the ressources and time nevertheless)
    • Open the Console and type in "sbp". This will enable Admin-Godlike-Powers to spawn any Blueprint without Costs. We are in Singleplayer, we don't have Server-Configs were many things can be activated that we in Singleplayer don't can. So don't feel cheaty.
    • When the other Blueprint is ready in the Factory, now spawn in the RED crewed Blueprint. You can use it to full extent, as you have spawned it in (that is you do not need to replace the Core here!)
    • (don't forget to revoke sbp again)
    Be happy to have a CREW on board your Vessel now :)

rainyday, Starwing6, Neal and 5 others like this.
  20. LordMontecute

LordMontecute Captain

I love story time with @starwing6
    Always makes me smile. Thank you!

Starwing6 likes this.