What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

You know it's coming along well when you see a scroll bar on the Configure Circuits for the first time
    CircuitScrollBar.jpg

I just noticed the background of that contains a teaser of the interior ^^

Starwing6, rucky, Neal and 1 other person like this.
  2. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Starwing6, Neal, jmtc and 5 others like this.
  3. Taniyama

Taniyama Captain

Hiya all.

Some news for you. I’ve reorganized and slightly edited my previous posts and hopefully they will be put into their own thread in the General Discussions. I’m still waiting to hear from the forum admins to see if it will be alright for me to post them in that section.

Its name will be the “The Sienna Diary.”

That's if I get permission.

I hope you enjoy it. :)

eLLe, malrose1, Razorwire and 12 others like this.
  4. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

I've just had a glorious moment while building:

I decide to expand the processing cababilities of the Oremaw, then experience sadness that it can't fit. I won't give up, but I also can't see inside the recess to find out if it's expandable or even possible without a whole bunch of messing about. So I look around it to find an easy way in that won't be a pain to replace afterwards. Mmm, not really. More sadness.. But wait! I can see the thruster through there, that won't be too bad.

Remove thruster and check the bottom. No.. that's the fuel, we need that. Then the top ahahah! It's the freaking 2nd buried Emergency supplies box that got mirrored and I hadn't realised! Don't need 2 of those, and I finally found the damn thing. Stupid buried equipment. But I got to fix it and do my expansion on one foul swoop, happy days :D lol AND I now know how to get to the first one if needed ^^

5. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Welcome back.

Neal and Furious Hellfire like this.
  6. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

How can we miss you if you won't stay away? :D

Furious Hellfire and Jᴧgᴧ like this.
  7. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

For today, it's been a lot of...
    What happens if I change this?
    Oh, looks good. Publish it.
    But wait, what if I do this?
    Nice, publish it.
    Say..... what if I changed this?

SMH

Also, I'm in a love/hate relationship with "replace mode" on the texture tool.
    I kinda forgot it was on, and retextured the entire deck with the hull texture.

Neal, monktk, jmtc and 1 other person like this.
  8. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

Finally finished my new class 1 combat SV for 7.0. Meet the Bullfrog, this 'little' thing has some attitude and still packs a punch :)

[​IMG]

9. Taniyama

Taniyama Captain

It looks more like a red crab than a bulldog. ;)

10. jmtc

jmtc Captain

I've had to set myself a ground rule for only one workshop update per week/per blueprint for non-design-flaw related issues. I had something like 17 updates over a couple of weeks on one of my ships for things like you had mentioned above (though in fairness many of those were also "Crud! I forgot to update the thumbnail!" or "Crud! I forgot to remove these blocks which don't belong on this version of the ship!" edits). I suspect like many here, I love to keep tinkering away and refining ideas over time but it can get to be a little much on the update end of things. I've disallowed myself from making specific updates for things like one mis-colored block or one mis-rotated texture, even though it drives my OCD nuts.

Now I keep a savegame instance for each ship design, and anytime I make a change that I want to make into a public update I spawn a new ship and label and keep the old version next to it for reference. It helps a lot in terms of being able to compare and revert changes easily, without having a list of blueprints getting out of hand. Any changes that I make during regular survival gameplay likewise get spawned or propagated into the "lab" save, and I can just let them sit there until I feel confident that I've gotten a group of changes finalized to the point that it makes sense for a public update.

LCV-1 BP_2017-11-08_16-44-21.png
    ^ LCV Skunkworks: prototypes and development models on left, production models on right

Oh, and topical:

Today in EGS I've updated my LCV-M vessel with additional switch controls for each weapon group, and a couple of other sundry fixes. It allows a little more granularity of control (previously I had three weapons groups on one switch) and helps save a couple of hours worth of energy consumption :)

LCV-1 BP_2017-11-08_14-50-53.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    typhoon01, Marbod, Starwing6 and 8 others like this.
  11. Trig

Trig Captain

I'm the same way when it comes to building things, difficult to know when it's "done" especially for complex stuff with signals. There's always another thing that could be made "cooler", but if you work on it too long and keep adding things you'll end up with something extremely over-engineered (potentially awesome, potentially complex for no good reason). Anyway, just my thought on that.

Today I figured out how to change / fix the orientation for things that were built the wrong way from the starter block very easily. Selection box Copy whole thing - make new thing starter block - paste onto new starter block - rotate the right way - confirm paste. Maybe this is common knowlege now but figured I'd share it. Was finally able to get this old thing pointing the right way:

[​IMG]

Oh, and the world eater 21-laser mining thing is done and posted on workshop (and on hover thread here) if anyone wants to take it for a spin.

12. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Captain

I finished the quick and dirty re-texture of the Artimis II today. As usual It took a little longer than I thought it would since I decided to dig out all the buried thrusters. I figure placing them properly now will future proof it a little for the planned thruster damage changes. (whenever they arrive)

Workshop_2017-11-09_02-33-39.png

Workshop_2017-11-09_02-33-18.png Workshop_2017-11-09_02-34-19.png Workshop_2017-11-09_02-31-43.png Workshop_2017-11-09_02-28-00.png Workshop_2017-11-09_02-28-24.png

I'll probably pop this on the workshop, though I'll maybe wait a day or two since this was a bit of a rush job.

13. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

"Undo" button is your friend. :D
    But your're right it's almost as bad as forgetting to activate the "mirror" plane after 1/2 an hour of work, lol.
    Best not to get upset. Just laugh about it and go on, it's much healthier. :)

14. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

typhoon01, Neal and jmtc like this.
  15. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Making compact CVs is a lot harder than it looks. Every time I start to embellish it a little next thing I know it's not so micro anymore.

I'd kill for some slanted small thrusters too.

16. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Small HV/SV thrusters would be sweet, too.

17. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Considering that I have done a lot of compact builds, I agree completely.

At least you have not pulled this stunt.
    [​IMG]

18. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Nacelles!
    NICE!

rucky likes this.
  19. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

That's nice!

20. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I went after one of the moon bases today, but I thought the shutters in front of the window would provide better protection.
    I know it's hard to see the damage on the shutters themselves, but they were still intact.

20171108224720_1.jpg

After I took out the defense station I spawned my base.
    Setting up a base near the border can make for a cool screenshot.

20171108225155_1.jpg