What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

yes, shutters would be probably next in my tries...
    but I'm not sure on which one...
    this is my first design where I actually want to hide the SMALL ugly turrets...
    I mean I can live with BIG determinant ones (or folding), but we don't have that.

With fixed, you can make such determinant ones:

CV_Building_7_01_2017-11-09_19-37-19.png
    that's only a Design study for now, as the ship will get a lot longer, and therefore "BOTH" fixed weapons too,
    but for Turrets... these flies on my Hull...

Starwing6 and typhoon01 like this.
  2. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Better - or Worse?
    NewGame_2017-11-09_11-13-44.png

Starwing6 and typhoon01 like this.
  3. Malekh

Malekh Captain

If you're trying to hide them, i would say worse. The glass makes them visible and draws the eye to it. I think rucky's example #2 is the best way to hide them i've seen so far (where they're buried inside hull blocks). But i would check their fire arcs at that point - if the arc is too limited, then there may not be a point in having them at all. Which would be the easiest way to hide them - having them not there in the first place.

4. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Hiding them isn't possible. Making them look a little less naked to the elements was the ideal. The rub is that anything that effective interferes with their field of fire. After numerous attempts to smooth things out I just place them and wince.

Robot Shark likes this.
  5. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

1-Cool :)
    2 Niceeee :D
    3 No

The question remains how the tower will be built in the battle---behave turrents

6. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Been working on my compact CVs some more. I like all of them for one reason or another but most have issues that need working out. I'll probably turn the one on the far right into a full ship. I'm still tossing around some other ideas too.
    [​IMG]

I've also been working on trying to add a better ramped entry to the Falcon. It's too low to the ground to put an entrance underneath and the ramps are too short to reach the ground from the airlock so I tried putting ramps on the sides there. That leads to issues with the interior though.
    [​IMG]

I think I've worked out a solution.
    [​IMG]

It's not perfect. It's possible to make the ramp angle cover the opening but then it doesn't leave enough head room to get through the door. Best I can do.
    [​IMG]

I used two shutters to cover the interior. Imperfect but it works. Now I just need to figure out how I want to wire the motion sensors up.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Starwing6, Trig, Robot Shark and 5 others like this.
  7. LordMontecute

LordMontecute Captain

New Legatus Praetor. At the stage of deciding whether to have straight side walls or curved.
    20171109194755_1.jpg
    I went with curved, which might have been a mistake.
    It has much smoother curves, but it seems to have lost some character. It's more like a big fat flying saucer nowo_O
    20171109225830_1.jpg

So I gave up on that for a while and added some more outbuildings to Castle Montacute.

20171110001556_1.jpg

Starwing6, rucky, Neal and 7 others like this.
  8. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Well, it's turned out far better than expected so far:

UCGotTalentMainTeaser.png

I got enough layered elements installed to generate this 'rough' sample, and had some fun teasering up the text for it. If noone guesses the classic gameshow this pays tribute to now I will be Really sad. I'm not even US born and I recognise it from this, highly edited enough it may be.
    Interestingly the the process I used to come up with the above is practically the same I'd also use for editing/upgrading existing ships.

As for details on it? Not yet! Still need a day to so to fine-tune it and have to to remember forgotten stuff. As it's going to be a Big project to run I want to get the setup smooth so the later 'Work' I generate for myself is limited.

rucky, Siege Inc. and binhthuy71 like this.
  9. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

Alpha 7.2----
    Difficulty: Easy
    Game: Survivol
    Single player

Just after the fall --- I found my friend Misha :D he invited me for breakfast and my friends, and we put together the **** of the grass :D :D :D

Attached Files:

rucky and binhthuy71 like this.
  10. Trig

Trig Captain

I could use an opinion on colors, been stuck unable to decide between orange and purple on this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Choosing between those colors, and coming up with a name, is proving far harder than building it heh
    Was built on the Landshark (my last post on this thread has it's pic) but I feel like it needs a better name

Starwing6, Theurgist, rucky and 5 others like this.
  11. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

I always enjoyed your Black/Orange style. But the Black/Purple is nice looking, more menacing.

Trig likes this.
  12. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Go with the purple! We don't see nearly enough of those kind of color schemes, and it looks fluffin' awesome.
    *cues up some theme music for cruisin'*

Trig likes this.
  13. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Purple. Makes it look like it's really from someplace else.

14. Trig

Trig Captain

thanks

yeah purple it is. Got her posted on workshop as Magnum, but might end up changing that name.

Need to go do some combat tests now

15. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

A nice looking warp ship being beyond me, I decided to build a beat up, old tech-looking one.
    NewGame_2017-11-09_20-55-53.png
    NewGame_2017-11-09_19-45-02.png
    NewGame_2017-11-09_20-03-04.png
    NewGame_2017-11-09_20-00-00.png

16. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Stated in a soothing blue. Large Friendly letters stating the Eminently useful phrase 'Don't Panic'
    I certainly Approve.

17. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

If anything, it shows that turret models really need some rework or alternative models.
    Retractable ones would be perfect, even if they would be bigger (hight), i wouldn't care tbh.

Man, this looks impressive!!!

The right one looks breautiful! I like the rollbar, it reminds me on some Starfleet ships. The general shape looks very nice too!
    :)

rucky likes this.
  18. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Thanks! Yeah I had a feeling you'd like that one. I had to put the front facing thrusters somewhere so I took a page out of the Miranda class vessels and added the bar.

Theurgist, jmtc and Neal like this.
  19. jmtc

jmtc Captain

If you have room to move the slope/stairs block inside the airlock back one block (away from ramp), you can add a horizontal shutter to clean up the outside profile a bit. I had almost the exact same circumstance for one of the entries on my Nomad vessel, except that the entryway was one block higher off the ground, so used a 1x4 ramp rather than 1x2 (unfortunately I don't seem to have a saved shot of it with all ramps/shutters closed, but it's reasonably clean - if you have the blueprint you can check it out in person):

CVE-4 Nomad-C.7X_2017-10-10_20-50-22.png CVE-4 Nomad-C.7X_2017-10-10_20-51-09.png

Today in my survival game I earned some hard-won mining rights for Neodymium on Skillon.

I had previously mapped Skillon's surface with my warp SV on a prior trip, but today warped in my carrier CV to set up for a prolonged stay and some serious mining activity. There was some fairly heavy drone activity at my first landfall and mining site, but my CV's minigun turrets made pretty quick work of the drones. I jumped into my small fighter SV to go collect drone loot, leaving my CV on low hover adjacent to the planned mining area.

No sooner than I had collected the first batch of drone loot I watched as the local constable, flying one of those big Medium-PV rigs, poked up over a neighboring ridge and made a beeline toward my CV. It was a sitting duck as it began to take fire from the PV. Nothing for it then but to embark on an impromptu intercept sortie - I hadn't planned on having to tangle with a PV so quickly, but my hand was forced. Luckily the fighter I was flying had a reasonable load of missiles and ordinance on board, so I swooped in and distracted the PV's large turrets, though it continued to pepper my CV with small-caliber fire from its gun turrets.

The engagement ended up being a really close-range furball with my CV at the center, the PV orbiting around it, and me in my fighter orbiting the PV. It took a few tries and a couple of minutes, but I knocked out the PVs big turrets, then moved on to the small sentry turrets, and finally had the all-clear to start taking out its thrusters... Usually I'll leave a PV alone after disarming it, but this one was rolling all over my CV and trying its best to take my ship with it. Nope. Finally I got the "vessel destroyed" message from the computer, so I RTB'd back to my CV and took it in for a landing. Both my fighter and my CV had taken moderate damage, but nothing critical had been hit - both would need some time with the repair stick though.

Finally I got my mining device set up over the Neo deposit, just as a Hard Acid Rain storm started. As it turns out, Hard Acid Rain really hurts. Who knew? I was lucky to make it back to my ship and the autodoc, suffering as I was from wounds, heatstroke and rad poisoning simultaneously. All that just for some neodymium.

20. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Captain

I've finished refitting the damocles.

Workshop_2017-11-10_11-36-14.png

Workshop_2017-11-10_11-32-36.png Workshop_2017-11-10_11-33-17.png Workshop_2017-11-10_11-34-30.png Workshop_2017-11-10_11-34-06.png Workshop_2017-11-10_11-35-54.png

I'll be putting this and the Artimis II on the workshop today at some point.

Gotta say once again, that feeling when you can reskin an entire ship with the push of a button.... That's a bloody good feeling!

Edit

Dammit! just noticed, and I can see it in that first pic there's a block I haven't coloured....