What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. LordMontecute

LordMontecute Captain

Last night, in Empyrion Galactic Survival...

I decided to take a break from Creative mode and resume my Survival game. Unfortunately, several updates after my game was saved has caused some interesting bugs. Meteors yield ore without diminishing at all and Auto-miners now immediately fill up with stacks of 999 ore when I switch them on. At first, I was gleeful, but it didn't take long before I wondered what the point of exploration was anymore.
    I decided to go to the Akua trade satellite and set about killing traders to see how much loot they have. I died fairly quickly after the security droids woke up, but respawning on my docked CV let me rejoin the bloodbath quite quickly too. Interesting that the droids and traders seemed to forget I had just gone on a killing spree, so I was able to retreive my backpack and loot corpses in peace and start the whole process again.
    After three or four deaths and amassing thousands of credits, this adventure lost its thrill too. Eventually I decided to start from an escape pod again. I was surprised to find my base still existed and the POIs were stripped, as I'd left them. I didn't have any weapons or equipment, so I succumbed to the lure of the console and used the spb command to spawn my CV.
    After searching half-heartedly for promethium, I decided enough was enough and I quit the game without saving.
    Obviously I need to just start a fresh game, but starting from the beginning with every update will be frustrating.

Back to creative mode then.

Kassonnade, rucky, Theurgist and 2 others like this.
  2. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

I'm sad now.. it doesn't stay synchronized. If you press Ctrl-F5 to force a full refresh you can see it as intended

Man I can't seem to do anything in less than full hog mode... Basic gif animation isn't quite enough for my liking so now looking into Blender. 33 tutorials to watch ^^

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    rucky and binhthuy71 like this.
  3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

There is a trick/cheat you can do to get all your stuff every time you start a new game no matter if it is default scenario or any scenario.

1. On old save game gather all your stuff on a CV or any other vessel or base.
    2. Get with console di the id it.
    3. Start a new game and play until you can spawn a starter blueprint of the type of the above mentioned blueprint.
    4. Spawn it and with console command di get its id. Exit the game.
    5 . On windows open the two folders of the old game and new game and copy the contents of the folder with the type and id of the old vessel or base from path \Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games\"your old save"\Shared
    and paste those files to the path of the new game's vessel or base with the basic spawned type \Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games\"your new game"\Shared
    6.Profit ™. Start your new game save and voila you have your stuff plus the vessel or base.

PS Any signal logic set on the vessel or base is not transferred with this trick. Same applies for power and oxygen.

LordMontecute likes this.
  4. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

I did something for EGS. I've been working on handmade terrains modeled in Blender. Sculpting them made for some interesting but unconvincing results. After some research and some fiddling I'm using DEM maps from USGS to form meshes that duplicate the real terrain.
    I can tweak the terrain mesh as necessary then export the results as grayscale images in several formats. The trick now is to find an application that will reliably convert the images into Unity RAW format.
    Edit: Looks like good old ImageJ will do the conversion. Now to bring the terrain into the game and see how it looks.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  5. AlbaN

AlbaN Commander

Unfortunately today I learned how the aoe works properly. Sometimes it is not necessary to break combat steel to destroy the inside of the ship, even if the ship is air tight :(

Neal, rucky and binhthuy71 like this.
  6. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Been experienting with a design i found somewhere on the internetz a few years ago.

NewGame-171108-1041_2017-11-15_20-05-45.png
    No worries, it's just an experiment. I have not gone mad (yet) ;)

7. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

why not? a sphere as main...

Neal likes this.
  8. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@Neal, sphere is a nice change. It looks natural with the rest of your ship.

Neal and rucky like this.
  9. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

@rucky
    @binhthuy71
    Of course, nothing against the shpere. But the rest is way too thin and too protruding. I've actually had to shorten it, because game limitations cut the nacelles off in half.
    I initially liked the design, it was someones try to reinvent the Star Trek design, as if Star Trek was a radio show from the 60s and no one had done a Star Trek ship until now. It's a interesting concept and somehow elegant and simple, but the ship doesn't look very sturdy, the walking distances are really long and there's no room for a shuttle bay (at least if i wanted to keep roughly the same proportions as the original design).

But maybe i'll use it as a basis. I'm thinking about having simple cylinders and spheres as housing for engineering, nacelles, hangar and so on and have them connected via thin tubes and pylons, reminiscent to a Space station from today.
    Maybe i can create something like a new look for my designs, going away from too much trek looking ships.

binhthuy71 and rucky like this.
  10. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

Hello friends ... Do you remember my Cambogia Bus? :) So today I made his elder brother :)
    I only miss sensors, lights and paint :)

Attached Files:

11. Trig

Trig Captain

today I started out testing the improved drill turret reach, and ended up making some pretty heavy modifications to my old Skorpion-auger to make it a 4-5 person drill turret miner. Turrets still pretty slow to clear dirt, but might be useful with 4 running together.
    Also found out ore-scanner doesn't like to work on vessels with gatling guns.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

edit: changed last pic to relfect updated range

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  12. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Why Top/Down thrusters?

13. Malekh

Malekh Captain

Finished work on my new shuttle and gave it a field test. It's designed for drone mining, and to act as the new intermediate sv needed to travel to other planets to mine sath/neo. Made of cheap regular steel, it's big enough to have room for upgrades as needed (like extra cargo or passenger space), while being small enough to fit inside one of my frigate's landing bays. I was very happy with the field test, not only does it remove the need for a mining hv on the ground, but can also operate in space mining/looting expeditions without the need for eva gear.

The only downside i can see is that it's obsoleted my hardened-steel shuttle (and mining hv, but i'm not too fussed about that one), which while it'll survive longer in a combat situation can't deploy drones. But shuttles probably shouldn't be looking for combat anyways, that's what my fighter is for. Overall i'm happy with the outcome.

Attached Files:

14. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Needs more thrusters! :D

Malekh likes this.
  15. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

when I go 500 and climb up in the mountains so better maneuver to equalize HV :D :D

Theurgist likes this.
  16. Malekh

Malekh Captain

Hahaha lol. My initial calculations required 3 thrusters per facing, but i ended up with 6 somehow (weight of the thrusters themselves was the big issue i think). Having said that, my magic number of thrust per facing is 20, and this is 17. I *am* seriously considering upping the thrusters to 7/8 per facing, but my ideal is that this be cheap and easy to build. Which it's not (fml). This requires lvl 10 to build, and for comparison my lvl 10 disposable CV can be built in about half the time while basically doing the same thing.

But it works out of the box, it can take random hits from plasma drones (which is another story in itself *1) and still function, and it solves a lot of problems. OCD withstanding, i'm calling this a win. :D

*1: so upon my test flight, i cheated my basic requirements and hopped in. Did some mining on akua (which worked), before heading off into space. At which point i remembered i hadn't looted my eva booster, which isn't technically required for the ship, but also that while i install ammo boxes into my ships, i don't install weapons (i prefer to add them after spawning as needed). Which meant while i was testing the ship, i also didn't have a simple basic gatling gun to defend myself with, which after i got into orbit i remembered i would need. At this point i probably should have cheated in an eva booster so i could put a gun on, but i didn't think about that at the time. Which led to an unexpected encounter on skillon that inadvertently helped me test the resilience of my ship before i needed to leg it out of there.

Theurgist and binhthuy71 like this.
  17. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

??? Didn't get it...
    I tought they do nothing on HVs...

18. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Now that's a heroic way to test!

Malekh likes this.
  19. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

Did you change it ??

when flying through the air
    they help me maneuver to hit the chassis

20. john.73738

john.73738 Captain

20171115213513_1.jpg 20171115213458_1.jpg 20171115213433_1.jpg Took a break for a couple weeks and dug into Hellion. After nearly 40 hours of mining, resource gathering and misc playing around got hit by a bug and ended my Hellion career. Love the game but, needs improvement. Back to EGS.

Underground base expansion, and started a CV.

Good to be back :)