What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

COOL I am going to download it.

typhoon01 likes this.
  2. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

This reminds of a Scene from Star Ship troopers

typhoon01 likes this.
  3. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Flame throwing giant insects would certainly make things interesting.

rucky, Hicks42 and typhoon01 like this.
  4. Malekh

Malekh Captain

Would you like to know more?

Wild_XIII, Kieve and binhthuy71 like this.
  5. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

:D:D:D

6. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

The file is below the picture, I hope downloading works. ;)

7. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

I ask you all who would know my advice? This HV is designed as DRILL ... When I work with them I can not get out of the way ... Can not go with the gaps .. I want to know why ?? :( It's an experiment on a worm vessel Worm.jpg

jmtc and Starwing6 like this.
  8. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I took a look at this. A few things I noted.

You don't need down facing thrusters. That's what the hover engines are for. You have too many hover engines. You need more forward thrust to make it easier to back out of a hole. Just one wasn't enough. You could also use more RCS. More harvest boxes would be nice too. I also stuck a hover booster on there. It can be very useful sometimes.

Here is a copy of the changes I made. It was quick and dirty. You'll probably want to clean it up. ;)

Attached Files:

jmtc, typhoon01 and binhthuy71 like this.
  9. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Plus it would give us something else to do with Bio-fuel. Flame thrower: Yes! Burning Spiders: Definitive HELL Yes!

Siege Inc., Kieve and binhthuy71 like this.
  10. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

It also helps me to put the forward hover motors one switch and the aft ones on another.

typhoon01 likes this.
  11. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

While you view these images you must click this link as well. Appropriate music

12. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Dammit, I had plans for something like that. Should've know the community would've come up with an epic idea like this already ^^
    Glad to hear it actually works without major issue though :D lol

13. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

I was in Creative mode right up until @Friendly Timo was able to play online with me. That's when he said the server needed updating and I was surprised to hear that, but I went straight over to the server host site to get everything updated. As that was underway, I read the patch notes and was happy to see the Villages I retouched were added to the game. :D All I did to them was bring them up-to-date with the awesome textures we got in Alpha 7. I'm looking forward to checking them out in game, and evicting some Talons from their homes! bwahahaha

[​IMG]

Finally we were able to start our game session. It was early morning when we started playing, which is perfect because we stopped playing at twilight in our previous session. Before we left for our little mission, I put combat steel blocks and a hand drill to production. I need very fine control while drilling the hangar shaft, so I don't mess up the sand on the beach. I need to leave a little sand along the corners at the very top--kind of like that sand falls in everytime we open the doors. ;)

[​IMG]

That serious work would have to wait though--I wanted to go destroy a Talon Village to see if it'll be able to regenerate with the updated blueprint, or if it'll vanish entirely. I suspect the latter, but I do hope the Villages can regenerate. Either way, we took all their wood because this planet is too pretty to do any clearcutting!

[​IMG]

As we returned to the Fort, I grabbed a picture to show you just how lucky I was with spawning this massive blueprint.

[​IMG]

How perfect is that?! The base is not only just barely away from the water, but the beach miraculously conforms to the shape of the corner pillar. :cool:

Afterward, I scouted around our yard for plants and stuff. I was thrilled to see my favourite creature hanging around in the yard.

[​IMG]

Look! He's a little baby wyvern--the perfect pet for our Wyvern fleet, eh? :D

[​IMG]

I played around with him on the beach for awhile because he's adorable. I decided to continue scouting the plant life before nightfall, and then I saw a small group of Slimes on our island too! We are very fond of the prey animals and don't harass them.

[​IMG]

I headed back to the base and this one little guy followed me going, "Look at me, I'm also adorable!"

14. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

The ships i've build in the last week.
    (in no particular order and some are still WIP, of course)

NewGame-171108-1041_2017-11-18_12-50-57.png
    The thing is i can't get myself to start doing any interiors. :oops:

15. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

Thank you very much, I appreciate it :)

16. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I've managed to finish a handful of small projects this week and the refit of the Corellia-1 is going pretty well. I started that originally because despite being a beautiful looking ship it had almost no side thrusters to speak of so lateral movement was very anemic. I had to tear stuff out to make room for thrusters anyways so I redid the interior. The original author managed to cram a LOT of stuff into the cramped interior but it was like a maze getting around. I've made it more open concept. Two forward decks, three rear decks, open rooms, and a straight shot from one end of the ship to the other. It meant giving up the crew quarters but honestly there's not a lot of room for that inside.

The ship in question
    [​IMG]

A shot of engineering which is the only part fully textured and finished so far
    [​IMG]

I've got half a dozen other smallish projects sitting around...like this guy. Yep, it's a garbage truck. The interior still needs a lot of work but the basics are there.
    [​IMG]

Taking a break from ships though to update my castle, 8-Bit Dreams. The pyramid base is someone else's creation that I found on the workshop. It looks like it was never finished though so I've been poking at it here and there trying to decide what I want to do with it.

[​IMG]

17. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

You're welcome! :)

18. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

Hello everyone .. I want to tell you that with this little worm I have problems .. But in cooperation Siege Inc. which helped create better engines, has created this tiny shipping and drilling vessel :) 2 passengers Worm.jpg

Attached Files:

19. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Added three new video game statues to the castle....dig dug!
    [​IMG]

Spooky
    [​IMG]

The dungeons look suitably gloomy now
    [​IMG]

Having fun with the maze
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Thank you for updating the villages! They look great.

jmtc, Siege Inc. and rucky like this.