What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

If you want a test, I could probably link you to my akua orbit playfield with 2 major action fields - with the problem, you can only always choose one of them because of ... Reasons ... only the Devs know...
    Either a full Drone defended heavy modified Thermica Station
    OR four full Drone defended modified Carriers in an simultan ambush... ;-)

In either way the other location will NOT spawn any Drones! :(:mad:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    MEKNET1977, Robot Shark and Theurgist like this.
  2. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Today I was goofing around with the Weta design, I was worried that the thin plate I had added to the roof would make it so that it would no longer fit through a 5x3 hangar door.

Well, it still fits. Before you ask about the 4 spotlights, the top two point straight ahead, the bottom two are horizontal lights to illuminate the ground. All 4 are placed so that the cabin does not loose pressure if they get blown out.
    20171127124327_1.jpg

I also decided to blow out some of the filler blocks and placed a few more cargo boxes.
    20171127130127_1.jpg

In survival, I flattened a mountain top on Akua, then used the rock dust and what I had scavenged from the wreck of the Titan to make my base. Opportunity, you served me well but it's time you went to the scrapyard.

20171127133036_1.jpg

3. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Description: Highly Advanced Upgradable Multi-Purpose HV. Deluxe Edition for 1-3 users.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    URGICORP PRESS RELEASE:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Once again the partnership between UrgiCorp and UrgiSys has produced a masterpiece of design! We are proud to present the most advanced multi-purpose hover vessel current available!

OreMaw - 1 -

This definately-not-literal Beast is designed to let you and up to 2 companions collect resources fast, efficiently and in comfort.

The usual UrgiCorp design process applied; efficient, simple, focused. Then we set UrgiSys into action:
    "We stuffed as many control and automatic features in as we could until our designer's brains started spontaneously combusting, then we added one more and called it quits. Good designers are expensive."

UrgiCorp: Forging Tomorrow!
    ======================

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg

Screenshot_7.jpg

Screenshot_8.jpg

Screenshot_12.jpg

Screenshot_13.jpg

Screenshot_15.jpg

Screenshot_19.jpg

Features:

Cheap and can be used at L10. Upgradable by adding Mining (Top X) & Multitool turret (Back X), and up to 3 Harvesters (Red lighted front mounts). And of course the drills can be replaced with Laser drills.
    Automatic Lights
    Automatic Access Ramp
    Automatic Blast Shield (Can be locked Open for miner to get in easily)
    Toggleable Automatic Door
    Automatic Tidy feature (Closes all shutters if you exit ship)
    Mine/Multi-tool toggle (Choosing multitool turns on rear spotlights)
    Power Saving Mode (Turns off all constructors)
    Automatic on/off (Turns main power off if you exit ship)
    2 Passenger Seats: Driller uses turret to get offshoots of ore you miss, Miner gets out and gets anything else missed & assists if you manage to get onto bad terrain.
    Tilted landing profile so you have better access with your turrets fields of view.
    Standby Light (Control panel) the pilot can use to let the Miner know when it is safe to get up!

Complexity Class: 1 (Size Class)
    Class: A
    Classification: Multi-Purpose HV

Cost: Low

Utility: Fridge, 4 Mobile Constructors, 1 designated for Fuel, 2 for Processing and 1 for Production

Armaments: 1 Chaingun. Primarily for hunting but can be used to attempt to take out drones. Probably easier to get out and shoot them yourself.

Cargo Capacity: 1 Box, 1 Harvest Box

Pilot Skill: Low. The skill needed isn't in piloting, it's in digging tunnels you won't get stuck in! Straight down Bad. Angled Good.

Considerations: Usually I'd warn about flipping your hover vessel. OreMaw doesn't care. In fact... It can flip itself upside down and freakin do rolls! It even surprised the designers. Practically nothing can stop you! You can dig your way out of any hole, deconstruct your way out of any unowned POI. That being said you'll want to de-claw any hostile POIs before even considering bringing OreMaw to the party.

Just released on Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1214031095

4. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Today I went over the concrete landing pad, lowering it's level requirement.
    I also finished tweaking the T2 version of it. I hope people like them as much as they liked the original steel version.

Concrete Pad T1
    Concrete Pad T2

ion_storm, Blaine and rucky like this.
  5. Blaine

Blaine Commander

The turret emplacements need... more pizazz.

That's not a criticism at all. I always think the same thing about my own turret emplacements. It's difficult to do while covering all of their "feet," yet without using a billion blocks.

6. Blaine

Blaine Commander

Energy-floaty vaporwave turret is the best I can do on short notice (just trying wacky stuff, not a suggestion for the landing pad), aaaaaaand it's still on an octagon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 68plex

68plex Captain

I think your efforts would be well received in the community. As a non PVPer with zero experience, I know something like this would benefit me greatly if/when I try to build a multiplayer worthy CV for the workshop. Go for it!

LordMontecute and Siege Inc. like this.
  8. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Yes Please! Always interested in how other folks build ships.

9. 68plex

68plex Captain

If an inspired design is aesthetically pleasing, functions well, handles well, and especially if it's somewhat innovative in design, it's always worth publishing. A million subscribers, or none at all, it would still be a proud addition to your collection.

10. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Mmm, it's a Taxi. A hover taxi. You expressed a great thought there but in this case I think it still surfs the edge of not-quite-worth-it. If it did more than Taxi, and SVs weren't an outright better method for pure transport I might've gone for it ^

68plex likes this.
  11. 68plex

68plex Captain

But it may appeal to some of the roleplay types out there. What hurts to publish? And even someone creating a scenario heavy on the roleplay might find it a perfect fit. Hell, if it's breathtakingly beautiful and singularly innovative, I might could want to subscribe myself, just to have it, and then maybe add an artillery turret and paint some mean looking texture symbols :D

ion_storm and Theurgist like this.
  12. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

How did you manage that without it collapsing?

13. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

RP, that I hadn't considered.. And it's exactly suited for that. Well done Sir, you have talked me into it through logic. :D Much approval.

URGICORP PRESS RELEASE:
    Moving things around is big business, so today we decide to share the love with our newest commercial product, the Taxicab!

We let UrgiSys loose for a day and they manage to pack multiple bonus systems into the design. It should suit any aspiring driver and set them on the path to Glory and profit!

UrgiCorp: Forging Tomorrow!
    ======================

Screenshot_12.jpg

Screenshot_11.jpg

Screenshot_10.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg

Screenshot_7.jpg

Features:

Separate Engine & Main Power switches
    Automatic Ramps
    Toggleable Passenger Seats
    Toggleable Automatic Doors
    External Taxi Available Sign
    Stay Seated Warning Sign & Light
    Driver & Passenger have great views!

Complexity Class: 1 (Size Class)
    Class: A
    Classification: Transport

Cost: Low

Utility: O2 Station

Armaments: Minigun Turret. You want to live to collect your fare don't you? Passengers that arrive alive can also give you return business. Nuff said.

Cargo Capacity: Emergency Supplies only

Pilot Skill: Low. If you don't drive down holes you should be fine!

Considerations: Slow to brake. Very fast to accelerate. If you need to stop fast, spin and use forward thrust to stop, or just slide sideways past the obstacle!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1214804535

14. 68plex

68plex Captain

My guess is it's an HV turret and hull sitting on a BA.

Theurgist likes this.
  15. 68plex

68plex Captain

Even your URGICORP PRESS RELEASE has a great flare for roleplay. How fitting to entice RP players and RP scenario builders to subscribe. :)

16. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Every UrgiCorp product gets a press release. I have fun with those ^^

ion_storm, 68plex and Siege Inc. like this.
  17. SirKnumskull

SirKnumskull Captain

Seems a PVP CV guide it is then. Just need to finish my Flying Circuit first and then onwards to guideland!

rucky, ion_storm, 68plex and 2 others like this.
  18. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I've been slowly working my way through my workshop updating stuff. I don't know that it will get as much attention as the most recent stuff does but I figure it's important to take care of the people that have subscribed and followed my stuff. So far I've updated maybe a third of it I'd guess. A few bases, some ships, all my HV mining vehicles. I'm trying to work on the more popular stuff first for the most part unless I get distracted. I kind of got stuck on the Military Command Bunker so I'm letting that one percolate for a bit.

In the meantime I decided to update the series of concrete bunkers that led to it. They're supposed to be more of an entry level type series that gets increasingly more complex and costly. I thought I'd keep them entry level but maybe specialize them so they each offer something a little different.

The first couple so far. The top level has no windows. Instead there are sentry guns and I've left the viewports unobstructed so you can shoot stuff outside.
    [​IMG]

All the goodies are safely tucked away in the basement. I'm still working on them.
    [​IMG]

Or I was. Then I had some inspiration. I'm adding arcade cabinets to my video game castle. They'll serve as entrances to the maze. Also I just had the most perfect idea for an easter egg to add.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    malrose1, Theurgist, rucky and 10 others like this.
  19. SirKnumskull

SirKnumskull Captain

The Flying Circuit is now on the workshop!

In case you ever wanted to fly around in a 442mx440mx82m CV that happens to be a HV racing circuit at the same time here is your chance: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1215034025

This is based on my Adel Raceway that was on the Oblivion server before. But that consisted of multiple bases so I had to make some concessions and redo some parts of the track. But now it flies and I can race again!

And maybe someday I will be able to upload pictures from home again. Maybe.

MEKNET1977, rucky, ion_storm and 3 others like this.
  20. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Ok, what am I doing wrong?
    Before 7.0 I had no issues mining in this thing, now I can barely get it to put a divot in the ground.
    I have moved the drills forward 2 blocks from where they used to be, but I am still having issues getting them to bite.
    Any suggestions?

If anyone wants to try the blueprint: Tortoise

20171128134941_1.jpg

typhoon01 likes this.