What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. SirKnumskull

SirKnumskull Captain

I like it but the large flat top doesn't really fit with the rest now. Maybe add a slighty recessed area with a glass roof where the rear part of the ring/saucer connects, that would also go well with the gun theme, it would be like an ejection port.

As for a name, I have one suggestion for the other version (with half round nacelles): Centaurus.
    It looks a bit like your Tempest class and the Centaurus was the engine used in the Hawker Tempest Mk. II and the later Sea Fury.

Neal likes this.
  2. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Last night I was watching someone stream EGS and they ended up tempting me enough that I decided to join in.

Spent my first 10 minutes being slaughtered in the darkness again... Landing at night on servers is rough... At least this time we got given ARs but man they're Really bad still!

Having some players that had already done the server quests was good; by the time I'd caught up they had managed to scrape together enough ores from the heavily depleted planet to get SVs made so we could move on. I finally got to fly the decorated SensorFly and managed to stumble onto a sathium deposit in the asteroid belt.

It was wierd having cobalt on the starting planet (Server has custom planets) but handy. Not a huge difference from having it in orbit in terms of time taken to collect.

I also converted my initial Travel Pod to have 2 chain guns which helped me level to 12 really fast. Extra bonus there as the gun barrels served as railings so you could get out and would be standing on the top front between them, ready to shoot and out of reach of foes!

3. SirKnumskull

SirKnumskull Captain

The default planets have cobalt, too, even if they lack the deposits. Just drill the rocks and boulders, that'll give you some ore aswell (randomized, can be iron, silicon, copper, and/or cobalt).

Theurgist and Siege Inc. like this.
  4. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Owing to my tendency to be a Function over Form kinda guy. I don't usually do photo tours. However a gastrointestinaly-terminus located Feral lagomorph has spurred me to do so now. Lotta photos so hidden behind a Larch! Mostly today was about making sure I needed nothing for this base... also, Frank has been complaining that Bob farts in the squad bay.

Firebase Gloria. A captured and remodeled Defense IV on Akua's moon.
    [​IMG]
    Pretty much just built the new base built up on the old base like a Dentist does with a full crown for a tooth. Combat steel skin, armored concrete elsewhere. Not a serious base or anything. Only good for drones really.
    [​IMG]
    *Nods* Frank.
    [​IMG]
    A modest SV dock and repair bay. Nice to be able to just run around in my track suit while unloading.
    [​IMG]
    *Nods* Bob.
    [​IMG]
    Main work room, Finished food storage, food production, and transient materials storage. Gear room and 'futon in the corner' quarters.
    [​IMG]
    Main Engineering and MedBooth.
    [​IMG]
    *Cough* Durians....yeeeaaaahhhhh....
    [​IMG]
    Need to come back here with the texture gun....
    [​IMG]
    *Frowns* Here too... Material storage for food production.
    [​IMG]

5. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

That would have been a good one to add too. Maybe I'll try and find a way to fit a reference in at some point.

jmtc likes this.
  6. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

As I'm playing some Coop lately with @MEKNET1977 and there is no need to have multiple Super-Carriers - eh Mobile Bases I mean - I need one smaller Vessel. But the RAMMBOCK isn't a Ship you really want to bring with you in PVE even not in MP Coop Mode.

So I tried to design a smaller Vessel, therefore fast and hopefully still somewhat successful in CV Combat with a Bonus of still having all necessary base equipment onboard...

The Result:

THE IRON-DUKE.
    =============

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1217159269

[​IMG]

The Pictures shows the Over-Max-Version (11 Pulse lasers instead of 6 ;-)

[​IMG]

Mark 5 piggyback...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

one Hover in small Hangar...

[​IMG]

Did I say no Base equipment?? Uhm then you need to ignore the next pictures ;-)

[​IMG]

2x9 Growing Plots.

[​IMG]

Engineering. Anything can be accessed directly. Inclusive secondary Pilot chair.

[​IMG]

Work area. Yes, it's tight and narrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Complete medical equipment.

[​IMG]

another view...

[​IMG]

Some personal Restarea...

[​IMG]

Bridge.
    13 Switches (together in all rooms)

[​IMG]

No, it's not a "DroneHunter (tm)"-SV ...

We have:
    • 2 Constructors
    • 37 large Cargo boxes!!
    • 2 Food Processors
    • 6 Fridges
    • 8 Ammo boxes
    • 2 Armor Locker
    • 1 Repair Station

still a small mobile Base ;-)
    in Combat Steel of course!

[​IMG]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1217159269

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  7. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Bad Rucky! *Throws Fish*

jmtc and binhthuy71 like this.
  8. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

:confused:o_O
    too late (1:20 am) to understand.. perhaps tomorrow after 3/4l coffee... :cool:
    ps: I hate fish..

jmtc and Hicks42 like this.
  9. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Me too! that is why I throw them.

jmtc likes this.
  10. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

P.S. Why are we throwing fish at Rucky again? o_O

rucky, Theurgist, jmtc and 2 others like this.
  11. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Me personally? Because it is Rucky. :D But seriously. Loading a dozen pictures from one post every time I come to see a comment is a drag. Spoiler tree is your friend.... and ours. *hands Jᴧgᴧ a #4 throwing towel*

binhthuy71 and Jᴧgᴧ like this.
  12. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

Ohh, right right. It would be nicer if most images were resized and re-compressed into smaller JPGs for display on this topic, I agree. Page loading here can sometimes be lengthy. But anytime I come into this topic I expect it, so it's no surprise. ;)

At least someone ends up with the fish!

rucky, jmtc, binhthuy71 and 1 other person like this.
  13. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Like this?
    Star Map copy.jpg
    :D

Jᴧgᴧ, jmtc and Hicks42 like this.
  14. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

A little too tiny! I dunno. It isn't a Huge Beef. Just more of a "GAH BIGPICTURES! AND THEY BROUGHT FRIENDS!" kinda thing. Mostly said as comic commentary and a reason to throw fish @rucky ya know? ;)

binhthuy71 likes this.
  15. jmtc

jmtc Captain

I didn't do anything in Empyrion today, but while I'm here I might as well get in on the action and throw a fish @rucky

coffin-fish-1000m.jpg

:D

16. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

*steals the fish*
    [​IMG]
    Mmm, sushi.

17. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Today I rejoined the group & stream from yesterday and it was a frickin comedy of errors. Structural integrity ate all our resources in it's attempt to remind our leader about it. We then went back to Akua to get various materials and ended up doing well as the planet has resources this time. Unlike when we were actually there. lol

We eventually rolled back into base and then found we'd missed out on neo, so that was a double jump to asteroids... Eventually got back and then myself and the other lad decide to stock the larder, visit akua again and I might have forgotten that I was carrying ALL of our ores.. So yeah, had to go back again.

It's been really fun **actually** playing some of the games with the ships I've made so far. Gotten to use the Travel Pod, SensorFly, and once this Belafonte is done I'll make the OreMaw woot!

... And probably sensible to make my defense turret since CVs on planets aren't well defended.

ion_storm and jmtc like this.
  18. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

I was bored and removed the "saucer" ring, lol.

NewGame-171124-1953_2017-12-01_08-32-22.png

I don't know, i think the shape (with or without saucer) looks way to agressive for what i was trying to archieve. I probably reached a dead end with this design.

Attached Files:

MEKNET1977, rucky and jmtc like this.
  19. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

I like the looks of that pure core section. I could modify that a bit to make something sleek and scary looking

[Edit: NEAL!!
    I just realised a potential option we both forgot... Put the ring back, but on it's side like a Vulcan ship
    So the circle faces forwards and ahah circles the front of the core
    [Edit: heck if it looks as good as I think it might I'll subscribe to it directly. ^

rucky, Siege Inc. and Neal like this.
  20. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

You can have it if you want. :)

Attached Files:

Siege Inc. and Theurgist like this.