What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Already tired... it looks crappy on this ship imo.
    But nice idea!

Theurgist likes this.
  2. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

Are you still working on the other variant? With the skinny hull and curved shield nacelles?

If not, can I have a copy to play around with?

Neal likes this.
  3. SirKnumskull

SirKnumskull Captain

Maybe add a small saucer section in front of the main body. That would stretch the entire ship and would make it less agressive looking.

Neal likes this.
  4. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

I'll probably do that with the shield nacelles version.
    (thanks for the idea :) )

I'll probably work on that ship myself next week or so, maybe adding a saucer like structure like @SirKnumskull suggested.
    If you want to play with the design or create something cool you like, please be my guest. :)

Attached Files:

Siege Inc. likes this.
  5. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

Awesome, you're a star.
    At work now, and date tonight, so it'll be a while before I can look at the .epb :D

Neal likes this.
  6. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

now after 3/4l of coffee, I see you were upset of not spoilering my pictures. wait... eh...
    nevermind, I add a spoiler-tag...
    but additional to say, I've already converted the huge *.png screenshots from Empyrion into way way smaller *.jpg and than loaded them up on Imgur...

So, what shall I do now with these TONS of fish? If I only had a recipe to fast spoil them and then make them into Bio Fuel, okay, that would be cool...

7. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I haven't done much today but raided a base and added some plants to my underground base.
    Screenshot (1694).png

Blaine likes this.
  8. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Use them to Plant Corn! As a note, not really upset honestly. More of a tounge-in-cheek comment :D
    It isn't the bandwidth they use that bugs it is having to scroll 2m to get past em that is a pain! The tag isn't the point. It is the SPACE it saves on the post. Have fun today if possible.

9. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

AAAAAHHH! Bad KITTY! *Lifts Feesh to throw...frowns* Damnit.

Kieve likes this.
  10. Blaine

Blaine Commander

I like this because it reminds me of our first base, back before I decided I had to spend 20-60+ hours designing everything we use from scratch.

This base, which I spent entirely too much time on, isn't quite finished. There are supposed to be living quarters on the third floor where the squares are laid out, it has no turret emplacements since I tore the temporary ones down once the drone base was destroyed, and it needs a few finishing touches both inside and out. Still, this is a nice little preview. I built this in Survival, complete with SI woes and assorted logistics issues.

It has a huge greenhouse which was surprisingly easy to do the ceiling for, a ramp wharf for hovercraft, two large and two small landing pads, all the amenities you'd expect as well as a bar with a see-through bathroom door and magenta lighting; and there's a hidden trapdoor leading to a bunker down the center of the base and into the underground, with a vault door protecting the core, fuel tanks, O2 tanks, generator and so on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  11. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Finished up the third concrete bunker yesterday. This one has a garage. These were some of the first things I ever built so they were badly in need of updating, especially now that some devices give off heat and radiation. Looking back now they were kind of laughable really. Not the worst things I ever built but hardly worth posting.

The first one is still a starter base as it was always meant to be. The added basement level gives it the space it needed. It has the basic necessities but it's still a bit cramped.
    [​IMG]

The second bunker was originally an attempt to expand on the first. I took the first one and simply added the WWII style bunker onto the side of the first bunker. I always knew the first one was too small but it was intended to be a very cheap way to get you started with this one being the upgraded version. I gave it the same treatment I gave the first and added a basement. I decided I wanted to specialize them a bit so this one comes with an underground hangar for a small SV. It's a little more expensive than the first but not terribly so.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The third bunker was another expansion. If the first two were defensive outposts this was meant to be more of a small forward base.This one comes with a small HV garage and a basement level now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It wasn't long after Eleon added the mergestructs command and I built the fourth bunker in the series. I basically took bunker three and glued copies of bunker two onto the sides. This first pic gives you an idea of what they used to look like.

[​IMG]

Since this shares a lot of structural elements with bunker three I've also given it an HV garage and I lengthened the front end so I can add an underground SV hangar. This has given it a somewhat unfortunate shape however. Still a work in progress.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the ultimate expression of this series, the Military Command Bunker which is still waiting to be updated. I got stuck with what I wanted to do with it so I set it aside for awhile. I'm glad I decided to update the other bunkers first. It's been good R&D time that's given me a few ideas for this one.
    [​IMG]

Blaine, ion_storm, Theurgist and 4 others like this.
  12. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

*Approves of this message* Wee Bunkers! Party halls with Guns! andasafeplacetohideyourstuff. Good looking stuff @Siege Inc. If I didn't like building my own so much I'd use yours!

Theurgist and Siege Inc. like this.
  13. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

WHOAAAAAAA!!! This another base that I believe should be in the game itself. I don't know which is more amazing the base itself or the fact you did it all in survival.

Theurgist likes this.
  14. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

One thing I've never built is a water base. I like that a lot. Seconded on adding this one to the game. Nice work!

Theurgist likes this.
  15. Blaine

Blaine Commander

Really? Thanks guys, that's high praise. I figured it was too symmetrical and not artsy enough to qualify as a billion-subscriber hit.

The landing pads are my favorite part. I spent literally hours deciding exactly how to make them. They utilize somewhat accurate aviation signal light colors: green for starboard, red for port, white for aft. In reality, those are the signal lights on the actual aircraft themselves, not on the landing strips/pads, but hey, this is a game.

Funny story: When my friend logged in for the weekend to see the base after I'd first completed (most of) it, he landed on the pad "wrong," and I informed him of the correct positioning. In response, he said a very rude thing over voice chat and also suggested that I should perform an obscene act upon myself. ;)

Theurgist and Hicks42 like this.
  16. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

*Reaches over and switches Base to Private and turns on turrets...... * But Hey. I'm Grumpy in the morning before my quadruple espresso y latte.

17. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I love that military command bunker.

18. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

They can throw fish at me too @rucky :)

Tyrax Lightning, Jᴧgᴧ and rucky like this.
  19. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Had some fun and games again in EGS with the lads. I went and got us a mass of cobalt so I could build the Belafonte overnight and so we had stockpiles. Then.. yeah I logged off with it in my inventory. Doh. lol

We've made good progress, I got the Belafonte going and the OreMaw, and our leader made enough of a CV to go to space to continue building and explore. We found zarc, mmmm and I definately didn't get lost and go to the wrong planet.

I also got to teach a clanmate how to use sensors and coloring, and then he proceeded to paint the leaders CVs interior various shades of hot pink, sky blue and mm orange. Yeah. The sound of horror coming over discord were hilarious.

On the workshop front am starting to get interesting (And mostly expected) results from workshop subs: Pretty much all my tiny ships aren't getting good sub-visit ratios, expected as SVs are very easy to make, and almost everyone starts there.

The oldest workshop item I have is the Mobile Cargo Container with a decent 29-105 sub rate, and the 2nd oldest vessel I have is the DrillMate, with a reasonable 25-118 visitors, considering it's so simple. The UC Landing Pad B is doing well off the success of the Belafonte at 55-205.

So far the best performer is the OreMaw with a good 10-22 rate, almost 50% :D

[Edit: Dammit, now the sig feels too big without movement. I'm really gonna have to think hard on how I want to handle that

Tyrax Lightning and rucky like this.
  20. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

*throws a 3lbs can of tuna... still in the can* ;)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.