What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Now that I've finished updating my other bunkers(#4 done as of yesterday) I'm back to working on the Military Command Bunker. I've probably gone through a half dozen experimental iterations now at least. I tried adding larger hangar doors for all the garages but it messed up the profile so I settled for making the garage bays deeper instead. I guess I hit a sweet spot on the proportions when I first made it and I don't want to mess with that too much.

Changes to the garages in front. I made them a few blocks deeper which worked out nicely with the elevator placement on the upper floors.
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

Rear garages. Same deal. Made them a few blocks deeper and the placement with doors and elevators worked out beautifully here as well.
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

Changes to one of the walkways. Since they haven't given us railings for the shallower slope I changed it. Still need rails for the long stairs though. :oops:
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

Changes to the front doors/courtyard. I'll probably put some sentry guns near the door.
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

Most of the work has been on the basement sub-levels trying to work out dimensions and structure but it's finally starting to come together a little bit. I decided to give it 8 large hangar bays. There's room in the corners for storage/manufacturing/whatever and enough space there for two floors. So far everything is coming together nicely. Still a lot of work left to do.
    [​IMG]

2. SirKnumskull

SirKnumskull Captain

I was wondering the same.

I have been experimenting with small CVs alot and for PVE you don't really need that much and can get along with slightlly upgraded starter CVs. This game just lacks massive space battles that would make a large, powerful ship meaningful.

Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  3. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Um.. hmm wow now that IS a question and a half. Short answer would be 'depends on what it is for'. Yeah totally stumped couldn't even guess or think anyone should take my word for it, if I did, with that broad a scope.

Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  4. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

And that's not even the problem, at least not the first.
    I'm actually in the making of a Coop-Scenario with way increased Drone and (in Space) Ship presence.
    For example when you get into Orbit, trying to find valuable Ressouces you will welcomed by an Armade (haha) of 4 modified Carriers which are launching Drone Waves after you....

... at least until the sadly low Max Total Drone count for that Playfield which is hardcoded for space playfields at or around 40 reached!!!
    Nevertheless as the Carriers themselfs got an massive upgrade to Turrets and Sentrys it's still a nice action going on there!

Now, I've build a very tough CV to test against that Scenario, I already have shown, the RAMMBOCK.
    And yes, it can destroy all threats there, with some Block damage and perhaps one or two turrets missing.

STILL.
    That's still so disappointing. That was not in the slightest a good fight, neither from the AI (Carriers, Drones, Turrets), nor from my own Turrets. And my fixed Weapons? Making too less Damage, sometimes not even registering (not shooting), that's not a fight.
    Yes I've not taking much Damage - but that Ship was especially made for that.

Now the new CV, the Scout ship, The IRON DUKE. I have even deactivated the max weapon limit and gave him 11 (!) Pulse Lasers...
    Yes I killed all Drones and deactivated all Carriers... more or less... but my complete Bridge and some of the fixed and turreted Weapons were gone too (good to have a second command chair in the back ;-)
    I won... more or less... crawling on all fours... virtually...

Then I've taken my Mark 5 into that Battle scenario.
    No Match.
    The Carriers were.
    But at least that was a very fun fight where I indeed had to dodge many many shots.
    But still even if I had lost half my front weapons... it was way way more fun as the Combat CV (or the Scout) had given me.

Sorry guys... I really tried to make something usefull for CVs... but we need better mechanics, controls, movement, AI behavior... ANYTHING (yes then including large fleets too!) before CVs are really needed for anything PVE related besides being a mobile Base.

ONE thing that had shown me again,
    perhaps in PVP the CVs are King.....
    but in PVE the SV still is.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  5. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

AI is sooooooooo lacking. It makes the top desired addition to the game in every list I see or vote on. And not just "better" AI. Real, robust, intelligent, and diverse AI that is different and challenging for each entity using it.

6. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

I think the first thing, even more important than a full fleshed out AI, is to have all basic systems* PLUS a rebalance of thrusters** and (more or less correct***) physical Mass behaviour. These are the most basic things i would like to have on top to the things we already have in EGS. All this doesn't need to be 100% perfect (for a start) but without those ship systems, building a ship consists 50% of wild guessing around imo.

*like energy shields, Energy weapons, Hull strengthening generators, Energy generating Fusion or M/AM Reactors, Solar panels and so on.
    **they should be much weaker, so you need to make compromises. It's rediculus to have 200k ton ships being able to accellerate 100m/s in every direction and have them as nimble asa spacefighter.
    ***doesn't need to be 100% perfect. EGS isn't a super hardcore space simulation, it's much more about building cool spaceships imo.

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.
  7. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Trying a more "realistic" style, like how would Trek ships look if Trek wasn't invented 60s but much later.:D

NewGame-171124-1953_2017-12-04_00-17-55.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  8. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

That, is a Very good look sir.

9. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I have two concrete slabs in my workshop if you need one.
    Both are two layers thick, and there are two sizes.
    The only thing they need is rock dust. (The blueprint does not have a core).

Like this? :D
    [​IMG]

I would say a good starter in survival would be under a kiloton and all material requirements below 1k (per field).

10. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

When I get stuck in this kinda rut, I tend to find this a good time to check out other peeps's Creations for 'Inspiration', &/or just literally screw around & see if ya stumble into interesting new ideas. :) It works, sometimes... :p

AKA 'Throw stuff at the Wall & see what sticks'? Totally legit strat I too give a try from time to time. :)

P.S. after reading "Flying pizza anyone..?", it makes me wonder if @LiftPizzas has built one of those yet to serve as his Fleet Flagship? :p & I don't mean his 'Pizza Slice' lookin dude he's done before, I mean a Flying Whole Pizza! :D

However much it takes for it to be a Quality Build instead of part of a damn Ant Army Strat in my Shamelessly Biased Opinion. Bonus Points if the Build can park right next to a famous ship like the USS Enterprise & make that famous Ship look like an Ant by comparison. :p

The sad thing is that i've been MIA for a bit before now working on Rebooting my presence here & I can STILL feel confident saying that SVs are King in PvE cause PvE foes have no Homers. Quite a fierce dissonance in SV viability between Homers & no Homers. Non-Homer Weapons just can't do enough vs Blink Tank kinds of Fragile Speedsters they can't hit enough.

Ohh... I dig it! :D

Looks like a real original Design I can think of nothing I could compare it too! This could be the start of a brilliant new Line of Designs! :D

For the Topic: My latest going ons in Empyrion is trying to Reboot my presence in the Empyrion Universe after RL Instability causing my Empyrion Life to Heroic B.S.O.D AGAIN... >_<

Can't figure out how to get this to quit happening... It doesn't take much happening to cause me to fall behind in my Empyrion Life here long enough to have my keeping up on things outright Crash... then it's damn hard to Reboot my Presence here... Thanksgiving didn't help matters either. :/

Gonna take awhile to catch up on New Stuff this game's got since I was last here...

Theurgist, Jᴧgᴧ, rucky and 3 others like this.
  11. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Interesting design.

Theurgist, Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  12. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

Hello friends :) I'd like to show you the page I'm creating.. Blueprints there are not yet but I created a gallery of all my creations :) ... I am a beginner in the creation of pages please forgive me shortcomings :D ... Everything wants his time :).. I can not use steam.. And so I will solve this way: Empyrion-galactic-survival0

13. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Not famous (by any means), but I think I got the "look like an ant" part down.
    20171203233934_1.jpg

malrose1, rucky, binhthuy71 and 2 others like this.
  14. SirKnumskull

SirKnumskull Captain

[​IMG]

MEKNET1977, rucky, binhthuy71 and 2 others like this.
  15. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

I have a question: Do you have any personal problem with that? :D :D

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  16. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Sounds like it's time for another minimalist CV challenge.

Tyrax Lightning and Robot Shark like this.
  17. SirKnumskull

SirKnumskull Captain

That depends:
    1. if people that can afford the game do it: yes
    2. if people that can't afford the game do it: not really

Tyrax Lightning and typhoon01 like this.
  18. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

I have to tell you that I belong among people who buy Steam versions of games can not afford ...

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  19. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

We've all done that in our study time / in our young days...

still... 10€ for a game... is even less than ONE cinema ticket, is about equal to ONE MC Donald food... definitive less than any other restaurant meal... about the value you need at least for three days of inhouse food... (yes in european standard costs)

...but I don't believe people saying they can't afford that ... once in a month ... when still having internet connections, websites and so on...
    o_O

yes I'm direct and rude. :p
    (but I'm not personally affected either... the Devs here on the other hand... perhaps a bit more... and no I haven't reported anything...)

20. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

If I started another small generator CV challenge, I would have to add some new rules:
    No components requiring Zascosium or Erestrum, (these are beginner ships after all)
    The CV must look like a ship, not a collection of flying parts.
    The vessel must weigh below 1 kiloton.
    The vessel must provide an oxygenated area for the pilot.
    The vessel must keep hazardous components away from the pilot. (No roasting/irradiating the player).

If you like that, I can always start a new thread