What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

I agree 100% @binhthuy71 . I really like the HV's and I try to grasp on every possible excuse to use or build them. Sometimes I have to fool myself a bit (because most of the time SV just is more practical) - but it's nice that HV has one new actual practical use now. Well, I still haven't seen it in action - but I'm hoping it's useful :)

2. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

3. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

4. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

That's just the stuff on Omicron. :p

I'm uh, kind of messy. I tend to leave stuff lying around all over the place until it's time for a new version release....and then I stuff it in the closet..er bp list...and forget about it. But these I'm going to finish!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

OH HELL YEAH!!! :D

*Adds 'Salvage HV' & 'Salvage CV' Mad Empyrion Science to To-Do List*

Those ones I did know about, they already existed for awhile before my prior Empyrion Life Crash happened... but many thanks anyway! :)

Ahh, in that case, I may have done some misunderstanding ya in past Postings of yours. Sadly my damn Reading Comprehension Skills can't always be bothered to do their damn job sometimes... especially if i'm Foruming during my Morning Coffee Drinking... :(

Evil People ruin life for us all. :(

Plus Utility Turret usage is rather bulky & unwieldy for Lone Wolves who have no 2nd or more number of Crew Mates. :(

But... what about us Lone Wolves who don't get to always every game play time have Crew Mates...? :(

Oh yeah, this looks like a mighty fine point to me as well... not all POIs are gonna have a Design conducive to trying to Hover Bunny Hop up to the Top & nom the Building down from top to bottom.

Not if the price paid for the power was that SVs can do those things using their Mobility but in exchange they couldn't do it as fast or efficiently... similar to how SVs can fly around & be hyper mobile if built for it but can't fire nearly as much raw firepower simultaneously as a HV & can't hit nearly as hard in either DPS or Damage Per Hit as a CV. ;)

This is cause the game is growing faster then my Building Efforts can keep up, not to mention occasional Empyrion Life Crashes. This is my bad. :(

MEKNET1977, rucky, typhoon01 and 2 others like this.
  6. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Truth. HVs would be better for me if they could remain airborne longer. It seems odd to me that I can build a usable SV with 6 small thrusters total yet I can put 12 of them on a similar HV and only stay airborne for a few hundred meters. Being able to nose up from level ground and travel a kilometer or so would be sweet and having a cool down time could make it interesting as a tactic.

MEKNET1977 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. Ramachandra

Ramachandra Captain

The good thing about ships is they are not collapse, but weight is problematic. I think I will suggest to the devs to introduce some light weak blocks for design purpose.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  8. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Screenshot_7.jpg
    Umm..that was a little close...

lochigg, monktk, MEKNET1977 and 11 others like this.
  9. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Space 1999 Influence DETECTED!

*stares at the ship in the background... a weak light sputters on* Back later.

Fixed it *Beats the keyboard some more*

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  10. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Indeed! I didn't really watch the show that much but it's such a practical ship design. Those pods on the sides are a perfect place for thrusters and I like how it's designed as a frame with swappable parts depending on what you need it to do. Unfortunately she's a bit too heavy and uses too much power for Fluffy's design challenge.

11. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

It's a very configurable without looking unfinished. I've watched everything from the 1936 Flash Gordon serial forward and all of the hulls I've seen have influenced me. FWIW, I think that the vessels in Space: 1999 were influenced (In a good way) by 2001, A Space Odyssey.

12. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Yea a lot of gamers had this debate about Steam when they added this restriction. Some of them called this restriction a very EA games style of restriction because in reality you're paying 5 dollars to gain public access to the steam community . Now all you have to do is buy one game from Steam and that will take care of the 5 dollars. They added this restriction in as a way to stop people from creating fake accounts and writing positive or negative comments on games they've never played. Now I don't agree with it because I usually play games and form my opinion but not much you can do about it. Now there are other gaming services where you can buy games from if that restriction makes you uncomfortable but again all you have to do is buy one game and you will be allowed to share your stuff.. Starmade added a workshop to their website so gamers who didn't want to use steam could share blueprints on the Starmade website which would have been nice for Empryion devs or any game with a blueprint system to have but oh well. If making public comments and sharing BPs on steam is really important to you then it's better to pay the 5 dollars

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  13. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

That is a bit of a problem. Im hoping automated utility turrets will come sooner rather than later.

14. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

For me, it would be handy to be able to move the HV with the keyboard while I operated the multitool or the drill(s) with the mouse. Don't know how easy it would be to implement either that or automation.

15. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

Sir .. If I have money to buy games from Steam I would have bought Empyrion long ago, I recently received a gift for which I thank ... At STEAME I do not miss in the next years or 1 cent ... And because of this Steam Restriction Works only my friends see ... since yesterday I have 2 :) Robot shark and Rucky...

And as far as sharing my work with the public: When creating a boat, I look forward to him personally and try to make me happy in the craft or to inspire the atmosphere that comes to me in the first instance ... And please I know that I am pleased with my work and somebody I do not know personally And it goes for it ... You know very well that creating anything in an empyrion of a certain size will take time and creativity .. That's why I'm pleased if my creation likes ..

16. typhoon01

typhoon01 Captain

Sir ... It's ok .. I apologize to you for my really very weak English ... Everything translates google :) ... That is why I understand if you do not create a misunderstanding ..

17. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

i think that is what the devs are trying to prevent but now that they are going to add Turrets to SVs at some point in this game I don't see how they will avoid the one ship solution. HVs for me are easier to use against POis because the Turrets do all the work while I just dodge POI turrets but soon SVs will have turrets and also be able to dock with HVs. I don't see how they are going to be able to balance the game by giving SV those functions. Right now I can sit my HV and take a PV ship out not have to do much. So I don't see a SV being superior at this point when it comes to combat because while it's dodging my rocket and plasma turrets I'm barely moving. I still think there should be in game reasons that have to do with combat that you really can't use one ship for the whole game. NO need to restrict players just have some NPC enemies that will require svs, then some will that will require Hvs and others thta will require CVs. Give people the freedom to use any vehicle they want but make sure their success rate against certain NPC enemies will depend on what type of ship they are using.

18. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

After raiding three bases and a lot mining. I finally have a CV shell with turrets on it. NO interior yet. I can't wait until they add shields because of this thing is made of regular steel and has zero protection after that. A good shield generator would come in handy right now until I can upgrade . Screenshot (1734).png

Screenshot (1740).png

19. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

o_Oo_Oo_O
    really??
    do you take that from the new survey and the quote from Hummel where he stated "anything there" will be in the game eventually?

Here I'm against turrets for SV (as there would be no need for HV then anymore I highly agree here),
    but FIXED multitools?

Now @rainyday
    perhaps you should try soloing a huge tall POI in your multitool-HV.
    I wish you much fun ;)

then come back and tell us how much fun it was... :p;)

and then imagine you would have had a SV with a slower firing fixed multitool, where you could get from high above to the ground, without that ultra-wonky drone you have (where I always getting sick if I'll using it more than 3 minutes!)... or where you had to permanently had to change piloting and turret using in your HV and half the building collapsed on you because you could not get to the higher blocks there...

(fixed multitool for SVs was in the Survey too when I recall correctly)

MEKNET1977 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  20. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Noooo I just made it up. lol Just kidding ;) But YES I was the one Hummel responded to on that question. I think the Devs need to explain what the purpose for SVs because they are making it all purpose ship which if we are going that route then you might as well get rid of the different vehicle types . Just have two types of vehicles large and small. The stuff they have planned for SV as of now make roles of each ship pointless.