What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Hmm, that's odd.. Was the initial core central?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

I have as of yet to figure out how to mitigate this issue without just redoing the whole vessel. Perhaps BP it and spawn it again without the cockpits or something. I dunno how the information is stored considering the COG and orientation.

binhthuy71 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  3. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I saw someone using an deco antenna as a "gun" on a CV and thought that it makes a good placeholder until you get the ores you need in survival to get a real one. So today I went over all the HPOD's, blowing out the filler panels and putting a deco antenna in their place.

I went a little overboard, also adding them to some of my older ships.

20171211180342_1.jpg

4. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Messing around with solar panels in survival again. Thinking about building a solar panel farm.
    Screenshot (1780).png

Also built a bridge for my CV today.

Screenshot (1772).png

Screenshot (1768).png

5. Florian Hirson

Florian Hirson Ensign

I'm testing my inventory sorting mod haha

6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Captain

I started a new CV yesterday. I'm not quite sure what its purpose will be at the mo but it should be a fun build either way.

NewGame_0_2017-12-12_10-54-50.png
    NewGame_0_2017-12-12_10-55-34.png

Here and there this is more of a test of my BA CV space station combo to guage its overall usefulness as a building platform. And a bit of a shakedown to see if any improvements need to be made.

7. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

It happened again, didn't lose too much though. However, it looks like I am out of the building business until the new year +/- 3 days when I'll get a new CPU fan/heat-sink. I'll be playing digital Talisman for now I guess. Have fun folks.

8. Florian Hirson

Florian Hirson Ensign

What's your specs ?

9. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

More than enough to run this game. The problem is an inadequate heat-sink/fan on an AMD 6 core proc. Hits 60C and turns off due to bios setting. So. In interest of NOT setting my MB on fire I'll do other stuff till I fix it.

10. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

You could always try under-clocking it to keep heat generation down, and make sure Hyperthreading is turned off. Additionally, if you know how you can tweak the core's power down along with the clock rate. Should keep heat to manageable levels even with a bad heatsink.

Tyrax Lightning and Hicks42 like this.
  11. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Already done boss, down-clocked a GHz. Going under 2.5 is kinda pointless. So, back up to 3 and no proc heavy games for a while.

Tyrax Lightning and Jᴧgᴧ like this.
  12. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

I finally went to liquid cooling on my FX 8350. A Hyper 212 kept it cool but it was too noisy.

Tyrax Lightning and Jᴧgᴧ like this.
  13. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

Hmm, that's too bad, but good you did it (and know how to fix later). :)

One jury-rig I've used in the past to cool off hotter parts is to just take the case off and point a regular room fan at the motherboard. It's ghetto cooling, but can help.

Love watercooling, been doing it since ~2005. Have a 25 gallon de-natured water reservoir now I dump all the heat for 1-2 days into, then pull that back out at night with a hydroponics chiller right out the window. :D

binhthuy71 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Well, my fx-6500 is most certainly Not bleeding edge... or even right behind the scab. It is a good proc. Noise is less an issue for me at the moment compared to cost. So I ordered a Coolermaster H-S/fan. Considering the one on there is pretty close to 'Large Stock' I'm hoping it addresses the issue.

A desk fan is on order with the cooler master :D Took my A+ cert in 2004. Kinda already know how to 'Cat' boss. Nice to know someone is genuinely helpful though.

I'll eventually go with a Hybrid WC rig but I'll bother with that when I have a machine worth the effort.

15. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Funny ya mention that. I NEED my Fans to be at least audible for my peace of mind. If I can't hear them going I get paranoid of if the Fans may have died & left my Computer vulnerable.

For the Topic: Was able to resume a SV Build I had started then Saved a partial BP of to be able to Respawn out when ready to resume it & got a new SV Build done... but I dunno if i'm really satisfied with this one. As always cramming enough RCS into it to get enough spinning power for my SV was flat out impossible so it feels stupidly undermaneuverable for a Vessel like this compared to how it should be, didn't manage as much Fuel Holding as i'd like, & may be my new ugliest Creation yet... if I showed Screenies of it, Frigid's Eyeballs may well explode & terminally bleed from the sheer ugliness of it... Couldn't hold as many Ammo Boxes as I wanted... unsure if I can even get to & maintenance everything on it while its landed on the ground on a Planet without using the cheater auto-magic from the Cockpit, & I dunno if my Texturing Job in many of the areas is even any good.

Its only bright sides is it's my first Warp SV, & it has 2 Closed Passenger Seats for potential person rescue. Still, I dunno if this SV is really worth the Light of Day... or risk of Frigid's Eyeballs... :(

Jᴧgᴧ and Siege Inc. like this.
  16. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Sitting here racking my brain trying to come up with a name for my next ship. I'm terrible at naming things.
    Area 71.2_2017-12-13_16-34-16.png

ion_storm, MEKNET1977, rucky and 3 others like this.
  17. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

What is its main purpose and main design parameter?

18. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

It's a light freighter. Kind of a cross between a Y-wing and the Millennium Falcon. I have a technical designation for it but all these ships have to have a catchy name. :p:rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  19. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

The Pecunia Light Merchantman.

Pecunia = Money in Latin.

20. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

Siege Inc. and Tyrax Lightning like this.