What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

After some mining and a lot of raiding bases like a mad man, I've finally got my CV into space .. Now it's time to invade some planets ;).

Screenshot (1809).png

Screenshot (1806).png

2. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

@banksman45 , sry if late to the party on this but. That's all one structure, right? Do you land it so the nose points up? If so how do you climb up to the bridge? Also; very cool!

Edit: nevermind :), found an earlier post when it was on planet, heh. Had a flat forehead moment; It's never occurred to me that it's even possible to do what I think you did. Build a CV as you go and use it as your base in the meantime... doh! :D:D

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  3. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Thanks.... :) I did have a small underground base but all of this was done in single player, so I'm not fighting other players for resources. In my single player games I usually mine for the first week and a half until I can get a hv and sv built then use my HV and SV to start raiding POIs. A lot of POIs have advanced constructors and even CV weapons in some of the containers. I mined almost two Iron deposits and used steel plates from two POIs I raided to build this CV. Also the fact that SVs have warp drives now made gathering the resources I needed for my CV easier . I doubt I would be able to built it this fast in a Multiple player game. As for how I get into the CV there is a ramp on the side that I'm using for a door.

StyleBBQ and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Since 7.5 dropped I started a new survival game today, only to find out that the landscape and POI distribution has radically changed for my favorite seed.

I took me a while to find Opportunity, and the two pieces of the Titan are nowhere to be found.

Time to explore. I just hope that death ally (3 enemy POI's within turret range of each other) did not spawn the way it used to in 7.3.

5. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

There are two versions of the planets now. With odd-numbered seed it uses the 'other one'. As nice as the premade planets are - I kinda miss the random landscape (it's always interesting to scout new terrain!). But I guess this is pretty good middle of the road solution to awesome terrain and 'randomness' :)

6. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

I don't think I'm going to start up any new games until fully randomized planets make a comeback, and until some rather large new systems are added to test properly. Perhaps it'll be when larger random planets without boundaries are introduced.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  7. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Random planets is still something that can be used - and will probably be used once they start adding new planets. Seems like the idea is to make the 'key' planets pretty & handmade and add random ones as something to be explored. We will see :) Can't wait for bigger & more planets without boundaries!

8. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

Yep - I just don't see the need to re-edit the YAML every time it's re-patched so that I can re-enable randomized planets. I'm patient, I'll just wait it out for now.

9. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Today I sat in my base and watched plants grow. good times ... good times.

sick now. happy flu season. But my computer is fixed.

Tyrax Lightning and malrose1 like this.
  10. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

Strap the old heatsink to your forehead and cross fingers?

Tyrax Lightning and Hicks42 like this.
  11. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

wouldn't help much
    [​IMG]
    old one is on the left.

Going to triple check that heat was the problem with a heavy proc load later but waiting for princess NyQuil to rescue me. Who says the damsels get to have all the fun?

Tyrax Lightning and Jᴧgᴧ like this.
  12. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Ok, I just have to share this - one of those genuine WTF moment that can happen in EGS :D

... like when you forget that planets are PvP in creative mode also :confused:

I really love that little orange Tier 1 HV we have in game, excellent design that looks cool and it's ready made for quick upgrades - I wanted to make my basic variation so that I can skip making modifications I always do with it after I import it... I did that, I was happy, I was test-driving it, I was jumping over Omicron bumps & ditches, ... and then ... so much BOOMs from such a small vessel :D

I had real WTF shock moment for couple of seconds... anyway, I kinda did find error in design :rolleyes:

EGS_crash.jpg

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    MEKNET1977, rucky, banksman45 and 6 others like this.
  13. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Did you break something on a jump and it all chain-fired?

14. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Yup, I landed right on that wall in front - I wanted to move front hovers one block forward for better ballance, but AFTER this test drive :)
    Error was in fuel tanks, one to many and in wrong position (and of course basic thin foil blocks are no protection at all when you frak-up design :))

15. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

I finally spent some more time on my CV, it's starting to take on shape; am currently working on the rear areas and considering where the heck to put the actual systems. My first CV so not entirely sure how many thrusters I'll need, or.. well.. everything else.

Screenshot_14.jpg Screenshot_15.jpg

16. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Well, that's gonna be interesting to test it out then :) Coming along nicely, I like that its more of a vertical than horizontal build.

MEKNET1977 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

It's nice to see different designs from time to time. It reminds me a little of the ships from Dune.

MEKNET1977 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

We were working on our faction CV today. It's small-ish combat oriented CV to get us around (and take over) places & planets. The big blocks are falling into place - @Friendly Timo made an amazing work shaping up the ship. I've just tried to keep up with him and his vision :) We were figuring out the interiors today and @Starwing6 started working her magic on the exterior, prettying the yet unnamed ship up.

One of my favourite views in the new ship is from the hangar door looking back:

20171217005723_1.jpg

rucky, binhthuy71, MEKNET1977 and 9 others like this.
  19. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

I'm definately getting the hang of this ^^
    Screenshot_16.jpg

20. xXDeathXx

xXDeathXx Commander

Even with all the errors and problems tonight with the 7.5 Patch we got an event launched with good PVP, This is the every Sat Event we do. Enjoy

Tyrax Lightning and Siege Inc. like this.