What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. MEKNET1977

MEKNET1977 Lieutenant

Or put it in the start items (in the playfield.yaml)!
    Feels less like cheating! ;-)

Tyrax Lightning, rainyday and stedo like this.
  2. stedo

stedo Ensign

Ah thank you. I have owned the game for a while but I am only just starting out playing it. - Break from Space Engineers. - Still working things out.

Sounds like that could be really useful. Will try this idea again when I get home at the weekend and use the im instead :)

3. stedo

stedo Ensign

Ha ha yeah may try that.
    I added the stuff with the idea of ........ 'it's amazing what you find in the lockers of a crashed starship' :D
    Mostly I was thinking big ship would have big generators and the best kit so it would make sense. I learned a lot from building it so MK2 will be similar but better.

Tyrax Lightning and MEKNET1977 like this.
  4. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

That sounds like a good idea but isn't it too hot to live underground in Aestus? or do you have your SV and HV underground with you?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I did it during the Pre-Temperature Implementation Era... but I think building & living in a Underground Aestus Base legit in Survival would still be doable... would just need a Mining HV to dig out the rock then sit in the HV & abuse the Drone for Block Placement in not-yet-temp-secure areas. ;)

For the badassery! :cool:

banksman45, MEKNET1977 and binhthuy71 like this.
  6. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Welcome! Resources I find useful in my ever state of the perennial neophyte, ie. i forget s**t a Lot.

1 Lore It's snacky!

2 Console Command reference so happy!

3 In case of forum shenanigans!

Good luck, have fun, don't die.

7. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

Finally spawned in my new CV 'The Renegade' on HWS. Just your basic base ship carrier with a farm/factory:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Security checkpoint:
    [​IMG]

Bridge:
    [​IMG]

Factory:
    [​IMG]

Still kinda got that 'meh' feeling about the new lighting...
    [​IMG]

Mama finally came home to pick up her abandoned child:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  8. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Another approach is to drone mine from an SV to create a dugout big enough to hold a minimal base and then take it from there. That way you can abuse the drone at least twice. :D

MEKNET1977 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

The lettering on the sides is impressive. I've done some decor with those blocks, nothing like what you accomplished.

10. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

That works too if one isn't planning to go super deep... I myself like to 'anchor' my Underground Bases right on top of the Bedrock! :D *Hugs Tyrax Dwarf Mole*

Hicks42 likes this.
  11. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Unnf! want mantle and molten core where appropriate.

12. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

I was a little hesitant to show the back, but since you've baited me into it...I had to troll our enemy faction a bit. I'm sure this ship will be high on their kill list ;)

[​IMG]
    Yeah the lettering is somewhat hard to do...

13. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

ends up being its own 'font' really.

14. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

This was the most delightful thing I've read during my morning coffee in ages! :D

@Theurgist Colour schemes involving a primary colour and a secondary colour are really tricky--especially with the limited colour options in the game. For your situation, an analogous scheme seems to be the only option, which requires another secondary colour to balance, and an accent colour that's a shade darker than the first secondary colour in your palette. For your case, you'd need to use the bright purple as your 1st of the secondary colours, balanced with orange, and then accents done in Dark Purple.

Even then, everything would need to be very well balanced. The use of the colours themselves would need to be balanced in order to create a visually pleasing colour scheme--and that probably won't lend itself to highlighting the shape and contours of the ship.

I don't know what RP functions are. If green and purple are required, I don't think you'll be able to apply a balanced colour scheme at all. The shades required to make a pleasing combination balancing those two colours just do not exist in the game yet.

Without knowing why certain colours were chosen, I can't really offer alternative suggestions. If I know more about the RP functions, that would help, I think :)

About the textures--smooth is the way to go for Luxury. Of course it'll look bland unpainted--but your colours are meant to do the work of making the hull defined in this particular design. Otherwise, you could also go with a monochrome palette and smooth textures complementing one another, and it will express Luxury. Sometimes there's much more beauty and elegance in simplicity. ;)

15. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Got the first part of my base built. Even got a defense Cannon turret up. Decided to fancify it up just a bit from what I normally do. Newbase.jpg

Glass is normal, I don't have any Sathium for Hardened steel, but make no mistake: the rest is Armored Concrete. The brown "river rock" is what I normally do (it feels like one is in a castle/fortress). New fancified is the white "marble" on the main building. You'd never realise it by just looking, but it really is the Shack Wreckage PoI. But all that is left of that structure is the Personal Cargo box. Oh, and the Computer and Frige are still the same. Even the core itself is gone (read: not anywhere in picture. I took it out and buried it under the lake bottom just to the east.) unfortunately, this base runs on Promethium. The mountains to the South and East block the sun for about half the day.

Next step: build up a greenhouse. Gotta eat sometime! And Akua Berries and Emergency Rations both are begining to taste like cardbaord :(

rucky and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

There are certain elements within the ship that will never fit in as they might or might not be reconstructed alien technology. The green is one part, there's another section inside with green lighting; It doesn't have to be green, I'd accept yellow or blue as alternatives. The purple with green was due to purple being the primary color.

I've tried plain blocks but with no texture it feels too bland to me. (Image 1) However the first metal texture looks much better than the one I'd selected, so not sure now.

Another issue I have is the shapes used; a lot of the time that stops me painting certain shapes as many blocks aren't truly paintable on ALL faces; eg; the rear ring has to be whole or half painted, can't just do the top without having zagged painted edges.

I'm starting to think I should just abandon the purple and find something that works well for it's shape, then forge the RP accordingly.

The core design concept (Function) was ease of access combined with a 'luxury' feel. Everything you'd use regularly while surviving is within the front section of the vessel, as well as emergency features. The rest is for hangars & engineering.

The RP concept was that this is the first major vessel your Franchise has procured. This means your business is doing well and you (And your employees!) should be rewarded with a pleasant new working enviroment that will allow them access to further opportunities for profit out in the galaxy! There is no illegal alien technology used in this vessel and UrgiCorp resents it even being mentioned.

I ... actually really like that orange, but I'd have to use it sparingly ^^
    Screenshot_23.jpg

Each time I hit a design block and feel sad I go inside and soak in the feel of a nice open workplace with a great view of the surrounds. Then I go back outside to try to figure this thing out.
    Screenshot_24.jpg

17. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I haven't tried to to build base there since the temperature implemenation either but it looks awesome now. You can tell the devs really put a lot of time into it . I might try to build a base there and see how hard it is.

18. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

@Theurgist I know what you mean about some block shapes! It's a shame when a ship can have such great angles and it's nearly impossible to highlight them. :( I like the sounds of your RP ideas, so you could experiment with the colours you like best with the textures you're using for those. Then base the ship's hull colours to compliment or even contrast those.

Tyrax Lightning and Theurgist like this.
  19. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

so bots spamming the forums again i had to dig this thread up lol

so tho i abandoned the BSG project i was working on there was a #2

[​IMG]
    tho the hull was made by someone else, the intirior was empty, i just got done with it, tho not advised it can land planetside with 45mins of fuel on full tank, and 5k mins in space on full tank

20. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

frustrated at console commands atm, need help! so i spawned in a CV ship that i wish to replace all the blocks on it from steel bock S to combat armor large but i after hours of trying cant type out the command right, or its saying i dont have permissions to change the blocks, i need help BAD this is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr out of my line of thought prossess and im so confused!

am i doing it wrong?
    [​IMG]