What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. SirKnumskull

SirKnumskull Captain

I like the ship you posted, looks nice!

As for the cobalt: I start off by breaking down rocks/boulders which gives me plenty of cobalt so I do not see cobalt as a major hindrance to building a SV. But once you have cobalt requirements you are not far off building a micro CV replacement SV with warp (like my Leapfrog). If you want to keep it cheap maybe just include a space for the contructor so the players can add it later if they want.

2. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Thank you, it's a Bombardier with wings on the sides, I guess I will just leave room for a constructor on the T1 version of it for now.

Previously, the ship had a 3x3 grid of small thrusters in the middle, on the sides. So there was no way you could put wings on it.

I managed to move them to the rear and was able to squeeze in a medium thruster so I am getting the same performance from 2 rows of 3 thrusters that I was getting from 3 rows of 3 earlier.

I am working on making the same change on the T3 Weta.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning and binhthuy71 like this.
  3. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

@Fluffy , that is a really nice looking ship sir. Best use of the curved wings I've seen so far; really evokes a manta ray feel/look.

If the only Cobalt in the T1 is for the constructor then I think you're right, leave it out. More psychological really, though it does seem they nerfed how much cobalt the boulders provide.

Spotlights. arrrg. Why only 25 HPs? Why?? :( It's killing me to keep my hands off the config file for these and the warp drive. I've lost 3 warp drives the last few days, all to lag shots or splash, not a single hull breach. And spotlights... The angled ones fit the bill so many places but since there's no way to up-armor them & keep the advantage/look they just go bye-bye as soon as an enemy sneezes.

Sry, whining, but the 'face' you made fits perfectly, and it's just a damn shame the spotlights are so wimpy hp wise. :)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Serious question: What's stopping you?

Tyrax Lightning and StyleBBQ like this.
  5. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

As soon as I do then I'll keep going, and soon won't be able to provide feedback due to all the tweaks/changes. :)

Plus? Honestly I've come to like these Eleon folks, and their game, so even though it's more work to post in the various threads I feel that their efforts to seek out our opinions earn them the extra effort on my part.

To be clear, my tweaking the config to my liking is quite a bit different than what it sounds like you're doing. Mine would just be for me while I'm guessing you'll be sharing your work with the community, which actually winds up expanding EGS.

So basically if I go down the rabbit hole I take myself out of the conversation, while you're not only adding to the conversation, but also promoting modding. :cool:

6. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Understood. Don't go down the rabbit hole, Alice only uses T2 RCSes. :D

Thanks for the honest answer!

7. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Ha! "Alice noooo!!" :eek::eek:

You bet :). Appreciate the question as I had to think about it a bit to be able to write it out. So now it will be a bit easier to resist temptation!

8. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

SNAKE.SNAKEKKKKEEEEEEE

9. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Yeah, that's my fave wreck to find. None of the others I've seen are so lucrative. And I walked by the core like three times the first time I found it ;)

10. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Wait for it...

11. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I tend to leave the config files alone, I want to make sure the ships I publish work for stock scenarios.

As for what I did today, I have been going over my old blueprints looking for places that do not need a door, and can be replaced with a force field block. There are quite a few places where I put a door just for the airtight seal, but it was not really needed.

On a side note, Why do HV/SV shutter doors have higher HP than a door?
    .... and a lower LVL requirement.

Guess who was replacing doors with shutter doors today?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  12. The Tactician[ Λ ]

13. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I was bored, it used to be a Weta.
    Wondering if I should post it, it feels like cheating to post something that is basically the same ship in a new suit.

20171227002318_1.jpg

14. The Tactician[ Λ ]

15. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Captain

Building a Homeworld-inspired small CV. Might try a much larger one if it's successful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Was it...you? :D

That's a good reason why NOT to mess with config files. Another reason is because they're slowly driving me insane.

17. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

I left them alone too... until yesterday.
    Driving me insane... did something other... this CV discussion.

copied for early read (new thread to be moderated first):

Hoi Survival players!

After some heated discussions whether CV Speed and Manoeverability should be nerfed or not,
    I decided for myself, I'm first going back to pure SV using with additional building a small Outpost where I plan to stay a bit longer. (Let's see where that CV discussion is going...)

Sadly there are no NPC Crew possible for SVs (yet?), which I had fighted for to get in CVs and Bases.
    Furthermore Sprout blocks are sadly missing in the config file so Hypodronics are not (yet) possible too.

But besides that many things can be made accessible for SVs (and HVs) where you normally had needed a CV:
    (THANK YOU @EleonGameStudios for that possibility!!)

Large and Advanced Constructor
    Food Processor
    Repair Station
    Medic Station and Scanners
    Gravity Generator
    Warp Drive Tank *)
    diverse Deco Blocks like Holo screens, even micro toilettes and showers haha ;-)

*) with the exception, that even if you take the CV-Warp drive and tank you still cannot exceed the hardcoded(!) warp distance of 15AU for SVs!

Now, to get around that restriction I have added 5 Asteroid fields in these regions where you couldn't reach further with a SV.

Here are my files,

CONFIG
    All above mentioned Devices are made available for SVs (and HVs where applicable) too, but to be useful I have decreased their weight alot. As a compensation I have increased the weight of the RCS2 device for CVs. Nothing else is changed.

ASTEROID FIELDS & SECTOR
    5 bare bone and identical Asteroid fields just with a pentaxid asteroid and some Drones, modify to your liking, added to the Multiplayer Standard Scenario - Sector file.

Now enjoy and modify for your own Pure-SV-Adventures!

rucky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (files attached to the new thread in "General")

18. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

I finally feel as though I'm making enough progress for the main theme that I can work on the insides some more. Maybe work out where the heck I can stick the gravity generator. ^^

Screenshot_26.jpg Screenshot_27.jpg Screenshot_28.jpg

19. ArcticPrism

ArcticPrism Commander

I secretly play dungeon master for my friends now with godmode invisible and the new config.ecf because they've been looking for more challenge. I've been grabbing CVs big and small from the workshop and modding them into playfields as patrol or space vessels. It's a bit extra work but even player weapons will work on them if you manually put the required ammo inside an ammo box on the base or ship. I've been significantly increasing the amount of Zirax that spawn in bases they're raiding as well as the number of sentry guns. They

20. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Sadly that's the only way. Not really usable for scenarios :(