What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

Where's my Parrot, dangit? Nice build, very colorful even for pirates, yarrr. ;)

Tyrax Lightning and Sephrajin like this.
  2. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Sunova.. The parrot.. How the heck could I forget the parrot? Hmm, would a psychotic monkey suffice?

Tyrax Lightning and Jᴧgᴧ like this.
  3. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I had changed my steam handle not long after I joined this forum, but the forum will not allow me to update my name to match.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

Probably something @Kane Hart could fix for you..

5. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

6. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Well, I had been making considerable progress with the NXT... until this week. After undocking the SV Synthesis portion of the craft, I had an extremely difficult time reinserting it, even after creating a temporary BA 'clamp' to hold the CV in place and ensure no movement or drifting. This, coupled with a discussion with @Jenniphurr (who's provided a great sounding board for Synthesis concepts, and even started working on one of her own!), prompted me to scrap the existing design and restructure it for a different entry point.

Alpha7c_2018-01-03_22-10-51.jpg

Previously, the Synthesis component had been designed to slide in from the rear - however, I've found the longer your "travel distance," the more likely it is to get snagged, jammed, and otherwise cause problems. So I've reworked the whole thing to accept an insertion from the top down, which actually frees up a lot more space for detail work, and so far has proven to be much more reliable and easier to use.

Of course, this also has its drawbacks. Top-mounted turrets have become a placement issue - will have to figure out where I'm gluing those, if at all - and even using hardened steel SV blocks, the top portion of the vessel is going to be more "vulnerable" than I'd like. This risk is somewhat offset by the knowledge that for exploration and PvE use, CVs generally only take hits from the front and underside.
    Alpha7c_2018-01-03_22-07-59.jpg
    (Warp Room)

So, progress hit a snag and I had to rebuild the whole damn thing all over again... but eventually the NXT will see completion - and hopefully, set a new high-bar for luxury CVs in the process.

7. The Tactician[ Λ ]

future frigate model import project hype!
    [​IMG]

8. The Tactician[ Λ ]

update
    [​IMG]

9. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

10. SirKnumskull

SirKnumskull Captain

Let me know if you need some help in getting the signal logic to set a new standard for luxury CVs aswell! ;)

Tyrax Lightning and Kieve like this.
  11. The Tactician[ Λ ]

12. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

13. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

I want to get my hands on one of the Alien-Drones, they sure look awesome!

The starterbase seemed a little bit to small, and I wanted more gadgets, so I made a Tier2 that unlocks at level 10.
    Steamlink

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

So for about the last year I have been struggling to make my Hydra ship. I wanted it to be a bounty hunter style ship. Based around just a single person occupying this vessel. I set off to build it as an SV but I scrapped it do to not having warp abilities for SV's (yet). So I set off to build Hydra as a CV. Seemed good but found that it felt to bulky and not really the style I was going for. Then warp cores came for SV's and at last I thought I found the solution! Sadly I was again not happy with the outcome.

So I placed Hydra back on the shelf, but it was always in the back of my mind. Hydra was quickly becoming that dream I would not achieve.

But then one night last week I was chatting with @Kieve . He had mentioned about his synthesis idea and after that settled in, I immediately thought of Hydra once again! I hopped into my personal Huntress-X SV and rushed off to the ZeroG shipyards. I headed towards the hanger and forgot that I had greenlite the Cerberus-X to docked in the shipyards for revision and refitting. I flagged down some maintenance personal to move Cerberus-X out and told them too "Stay out of my way"!
    ! [​IMG] [​IMG]

The following days Hydra consumed every waking moment I had. @Kieve single handedly gave me just enough inspiration to cause me to have sleepless nights!

So I worked day and night creating this ship. Combining the advantages not only in devices but in armor from the CV. The SV provides some much needed detail that CV's are just unable to achieve. I love how the SV can create much more detail in the same area that your character occupies. O2 stations are much easier to work with on the SV's that what they are for the CV's. Just is just surreal feeling as it really feels different that what are used too.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Of all the quirks with Hydra I would have to say trying to wrap my head around getting o2 to be present in both the CV and SV sections of the ship. Using force fields really helped in this regard. Also docking the SV to the CV is a tedious task that only gets easy the more you do it. I have so much fun mashing much stuff in small spaces so this was a joy to be working on. Most of the work has been completed but I have a few areas still left to tweak and tune.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hydra is not a perfect ship. It will not win awards or be the most popular around. But you know what I don't care! I have failed this one 3 times already. Most designs I just give up on but Hydra I really wanted to make. I am happy that I am really close to having this ship completed and I can't wait to get the resources gathered up to use on my survival world! Should be a great asset to my survival world or it could blow up and Ill go back to using my Huntress-X like I always do!

Anyways Here is Hydra-X!
    [​IMG]

15. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

It would really rock to get to see ya & your cool lookin stuff on the Forums more often! :D

For the Topic: After a bout of Procrastination, I got a hell of a lot more done on my CV Build over the last couple days till my Brain's fried again. Time for the next bout of Procrastination! :p

16. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Today, I brought the Valley Forge into the Empyrion Official Server [US]. =Con=Am= lives. :)

upload_2018-1-5_4-33-9.png

17. The Tactician[ Λ ]

18. The Tactician[ Λ ]

19. Nick

Nick Commander

I played for the first time in ages.

Putting aside the patrol vessel bug, the starter experience was much smoother than last time I played and the game looks phenomenal.

20. The Tactician[ Λ ]