What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

This is what I have: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181088 Easy to install, works like a charm

Of course, my case has a lot of airflow https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133192

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Jᴧgᴧ and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

It is overkill for most things. I mount six so I can drill through several blocks to hit a specific target without the splash killing or wrecking a bunch of stuff I don't want to destroy (usually my team-mates).

And my ship had the space, so it wasn't like I had to make a design sacrifice. I liked the ship so much, I made two :D
    The lower one sacrifices a little fuel endurance and maneuverability for a short range warp-drive and tank.

PairOfFangs.jpg

Sorry about the crappy drone-pic, it's only image I have access to from work.

3. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Nice... reminds me of the starfughters from Buck Rogers... oops, just dated myself... ;)

Robot Shark and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

Heheh. See what you mean :D
    (crap, just dated myself too...)

It's my take on the Star Wars Fang Fighter/Protectorate starfighter. I have an older version (pre self-damage from hidden weapons) shot from above which shows the main body separation from the wings a little clearer:

FangFighter.jpg

5. LCMDigs

LCMDigs Ensign

How long does it take you guys to make your creations?

I started building a hover tank of sorts and, although fun, feels like it’s taking forever. I’m about a few hours in and barely have a shell I’m satisfied with.

6. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

P Menu outside of Creative still feels like Auto-Magic Cheese to me. Designing to access from further away will have to do I guess.

Hey, my Tyrax War Tank CAN do it... don't believe me? I'll make a mental note to make a Vid proving it. If others can't make as awesome a Hover War Tank as I, then :p on ya'all! :cool:

Also, in regards to "Barrel Roll"...

You've never PvP SV vs SV before, have you?

Yes Rail Guns work plenty fine in PvE... I don't do PvE only consideration though, I work both sides of the Spectrum. I don't have Target Practice problems vs PvE foes. ;) (Huh, thought I was notorious for my walking the line between by now... guess I CAN'T take other peeps taking that into regard for granted after all...)

Simpler then this MasterLiquid 240 All-in-one CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump by Cooler Master...? o_O

P.S. I did NOT not Like your Post cause ya spoke about my Skillz... I have no Skillz to berate & it's nothing to get hot & bothered about anyway. I did not Like your Post cause it had Vulgar Words in it venomously poisonous to my Relaxation. :(

Depends partially on how much RL time one has, partially on how much experience ya have with the Building System, partially on how much of the game ya've learned, partially on if ya have developed a Style of your own yet or not. It's normal for it to be slow going in the beginning when there's so much to learn... later on down the road you'll be able to make functional stuff faster, then it'll be slow going again if ya start really Mad Empyrion Science experimenting, like I tend to do. :)

Jᴧgᴧ and Hicks42 like this.
  7. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I would not worry about it, there seem to be quite a few old-school geeks hanging around here. I dated myself a long time aqgo when I posted that picture of Nell.

Starfughters?
    Fugly starships?

[​IMG]
    Nice, have you uploaded it to the workshop?
    Does is have a back cockpit for Twiki & Dr. Theopolis?

8. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

I really like the look of these! Great work!

Tyrax Lightning and Razorwire like this.
  9. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

Seems to be some interest in the Fang Fighter, so I'll publish.
    Which version should I upload? The warp-capable one, or the other one? Neither are any good for PVP though (or running away); single skin in most places and explosive devices stacked on top of each other :D

20180110175755_1.jpg
    Warp capable on the right.
    Gold - Guns, Yellow - Spotlight, Red - Thrusters/Jets, Green - Cargo/Ammo can, White - O2 tank, Blue - Fuel tank, Brown - Ramp, Pink/purple - RCS, Baby Pink - Warp, Light Blue - Generator
    Depends on the build. This starfighter was about 3 hours to build, another hour or so tweaking after use.
    My CV, more like 30 hours and counting :D

10. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Why choose? Upload both. And I wouldn't worry about being PvP-ready... most players are doing SP or PvE Co-op anyway, remember?

11. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

Heheh, not worried, more of a warning :D
    I'll upload both.

**edit**
    Done. I'll do pics and pretty up the workshop pages later :D
    Basic version of the Protectorate Starfighter
    Warp capable version
    **/edit**

Tyrax Lightning and Robot Shark like this.
  12. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Vulgar = common = average. And I am most certainly that. Sorry I upset your Wa. I tend to use invective to display my passion about a subject.

No, If I did I would be flying something with guided missiles, and pulse lasers.

As I stated before, Never mentioned a thing about small craft.

As for the not getting a like? I did without being 'Liked' for much of my life and I am still a happy little camper. So no butthurt here. ;)

13. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I hate it how I will build something, think it's finished, then think "how would it look if I did this?"

I mounted larger wings then swapped the positions and the main thrusters.
    I think I'm done tweaking it, unless anyone has any suggestions.

20180110113458_1.jpg

20180110113537_1.jpg

20180110113604_1.jpg

I also have a video I would like to dedicate to today.
    It's when you forget to turn OFF "replace" mode on the texture tool.

14. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

It begins again
    Screenshot_63.jpg
    Having "played" again recently reminded me of the startup routine in the vanilla game, and I decided to design a set of ships for this. Not that it takes much to send me off into a building spree.. ^^

Step 1: Motorbike
    Step 2: Small cheapest possible SV to speed up exploring and easy loot collection (L7) - Probably a redesigned Transfer Pod
    Step 2.5: Find a POI with a public constructor/furnace. ^
    Step 3: Cheap & fairly compact semi-upgradable Miner that can also assist in hunting runs (L10) - Above - Just done basic shape so far
    Step 4: Warp SV to go get Sath & Neo for CV (L12) - To Do
    Step 5: Cheap CV capable of carrying explorer & Miner to get Erest & Zasc (L15) - To Do
    Step 6: Main CV, or Base (L20+) Once I complete the others I'll decide if I like the developing style enough to try to make a large version.

15. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Forgetting to change the replace mode isn't too bad. It's forgetting you can press undo, or not noticing the fail until you've done a whole bunch of stuff that's the true horror.

16. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Awesome ship there Razorwire!

Been busy today and made the 'starter' edition of the Duckverine CV! @Theurgist
    Cant use any less material for such a design I guess... ;)

-> Workshop <-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  17. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Screenshot_64.jpg It's grown a bit, I think this is close to, or is the final form. There's space to mount 2 additional front mounts, and a spot on the top rear for a turret.

However it just goes nuts when doing tunnels. To start a tunnel without slipping sideways madly you have to dig almost straight down. Once started it keeps twitching and wanting to fall over. I'll do some tests, maybe I'm digging the ground below my own thrusters and causing issues.

18. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

Some notes from my own mining machine experiences:
    - Play with your ride height, it makes a hell of a difference.
    - Run triangular Hover engine layouts. Or at least make either the front pair, or the back pair, much closer together than the other set.
    - Make sure you're beating Gx10 in m/s on lateral thrusters.
    - Tap the level key (mine's O) to stop the odd drift when on level ground.

19. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Fixed. :p

No sweat. To be fair, i'm an exception rather then a rule in terms of being able to deal with that kinda thing. It's like my damn Asperger instilled a Penalty Poison Weakness into me, kinda like how the Pokémon Ability "Fluffy" halves physical damage that Pokemon takes in exchange for taking extra damage from Fire Damage... except my Asperger gave me no strength as compensation, just made me Glitched-In-The-Head & screwy. :(

At least I manage occasional Creativity Critical Hits from time to time... but there's others who manage Creativity Badassery innately & don't need to Crit for it...

Guided Missiles, aka "Homers" are pretty much the only thing that hits Player PvP foes in PvP & only if ya successfully had the Crosshairs right on their Blink Tanking ass when ya pulled the Trigger. EVERYTHING else is nigh impossible to hit a PvP foe with if it was built for enough speed & maneuverability, Projectiles are just too damn slow. Pulse Lasers I have personally weaved in & out & between Salvos of Ship Shooter Bullet Hell style Pre-Weapon Balance, & Post-Weapon Balance it's still too easy to just drive around everywhere & that'll never let the Pulse Lasers hit. Non-Homers will only ever really hit a foe not currently focused on ya or who is bee lining straight at ya, & doing the latter is foolishness.

Known Bug. I want it fixed SO DAMN BAD... :(

Which sadly doesn't explain why my Mining HVs in the past have had the Bug happen & have it cause my HV to Spider Man up Mining Hole Walls...

Razorwire, Theurgist and Hicks42 like this.
  20. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

I kinda thought you might be, especially after the "not neurotypical" comment. My youngest is on the spectrum also- almost but not quite Apserger's, but high-function. He swears like a sailor-in-training though- well, almost... he's only 17 so there's still a few he's not allowed to use yet. ;) Your commentary and sentence structure are a lot like his. It's not "glitched", though- just different. And there's nothing wrong with that at all.