What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

@Kieve worked long & hard trying to get Camo into the game. He also may well be able to help ya with effective use of it. :)

Kieve and AlbaN like this.
  3. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Decided I needed to make a new starter base, 2 hours on and I've gotten this much done, The inside is still totally empty
    Screenshot_69.jpg

4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Just a quick one, but I thought it was cool...

I arrived on Oscutune, which has some quite deep oceans. While exploring using my CV, I woke up the local PV. I thought "sod it" and, using my CV proceeded to neuter its turrets - my basic CV only has Cannon Turrets, just six of them. Leaving my CV hovering, I jumped into an SV to help out, destroying those turrets in hard to reach places. I was mostly using my four Gatlings, but fired off a few unguided rocket volleys too. Through a lucky hit, I must have taken out the core and the PV dropped....then proceeded to sink into about 100 metres of water.

What I found fun was needing to dive down to salvage the CV - a very nicely done one I'd not seen before.

I can only imagine how "fun" such an event would be with sea life....hostile sea live lol. Roll on Submarines!

Scoob.

5. AlbaN

AlbaN Commander

Thank you, but I know this texture and it does not fit, it is too bright, and mixing colors does not go well either. I also did experiments :D Such colors look good under the tree on Akua :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1271616322

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  6. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

To each their own... works for me ;)

waspcamo.jpg

7. AlbaN

AlbaN Commander

Ok, you convinced me, it does not look so bad, but pattern depends on the planet :)
    AkuaPattern.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  8. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

You always tailor your camouflage for the environment. Otherwise it is a Bummer of a birthmark Hal. Situation.

9. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Figured out where I could fit a couple fuel / generator rooms on one of my larger BP in creative. An ongoing project but I thought it was about time to officially give it power. This allowed me to see the performance. Considering that most of the thing is still just framework, it is going to get a lot heavier and those acceleration numbers will drop significantly. But it was nice to power things so I could start watching the numbers drop as the weight goes up.

Creative2_2018-01-16_16-34-53.png

10. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Agreed. Putting this in the middle of a desert might raise suspicions:
    Screenshot_18.jpg
    For those interested in Camo, remember, there is a Texture AND a bunch of 'Symbols' suitable for this.
    I used the symbols to add extra green onto the leaves and even some 'dirt' on the tree trunks

LordMontecute, monktk, AlbaN and 3 others like this.
  11. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

There you go ;) Now, you can also overlay each block face with the brown/green "mold/rust" on pg 4 of the symbols. Sort of a PitA because you can't spray and drag, but it adds to the camo look. Brown tex + rust, brown tex + mold, or green tex + rust look the best, IMHO. Brown + rust is what's on my pic

*edit*

oops, missed Theurgist's post. Same thing

AlbaN, Kieve and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  12. hound

hound Captain

I have been working with that "camo" texture First a base
    [​IMG]
    Then a truck
    [​IMG]
    and for my favorite new texture honeycomb...oh yeah-do you know how hard it is to make a round house?
    [​IMG]
    Here is the camo texture with camo symbols combined
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    AlbaN, Theurgist, Kieve and 4 others like this.
  13. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I know the feeling, I lost all my unpublished blueprints when my OS crashed and I had to reload.
    I guess that's one of the reasons I publish ships early when I am not done tweaking them.

Also, I now backup my blueprints to a USB thumb drive.

Nice, they remind me of Apache gunships.

AlbaN, Tyrax Lightning and Hicks42 like this.
  14. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

I go with the Nuclear Option... I bought a 5 tb drive to back up 2 Other drives :p

@hound Love the Solar Yurts dude! Very inspiring.

Cobras or Super cobras to me... or those things in GI Joe flown by the guys who yelled "COBRA!" ;)

AlbaN, Sephrajin and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  15. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

Ack - don't rely on USB thumb drives. I can't tell you how many I've seen fail over the last ~15 years. They are not reliable devices. Even burning to a CD/DVD with multiple sessions is a better option.

16. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I tend to use Flash Drives for grunt work like Downloading Drivers to it to then take the Flash Drive to another Computer to Driver it up... especially useful for the likes of Wireless Antennas or such.

For major long term safety storage, I go External Drive. I got a 2 TB one for holding Windows Backups.

Jᴧgᴧ likes this.
  17. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Omg I can't believe I didn't click what this image was.. When I played City of Heroes/Villains many years back I came up with a character based on this: DarkWing Ook.

Basically a Chimp gained sentience and super powers during one of the many illegal experiments conducted in Millenium City. While he was still in captivity he only had access to television to keep him docile. And I'm sure you can guess what was on.

DW Ook took a shine to DWD, and took up the mantle of supremely sarcastic crime fighter.

I ended up setting up a rotating macro so I could press a button and have DW quotes spouted into chat. So much amusement. I actually won a RP competition with him. Good times ^^

[Edit: I AM THE TERROR THAT FLAPS IN THE NIGHT!]

Pekiti, Tyrax Lightning and Kieve like this.
  18. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Things are moving ahead again for Project Synthesis.

Alpha7c_2018-01-17_08-17-33.jpg
    I'd originally intended for the NXT's personal quarters to be located behind the bridge, in the center hull section. However, this completely undermined my ability to add a hangar of any reasonable size. After stripping out the cabin, adding the hangar became almost trivial. Better still, it improved the ship's foot-pathing - the engineering section containing the warp tank and SV "command center" are now accessible directly from the hangar, which also means a much quicker route to the constructor and storage sections.
    Alpha7c_2018-01-17_08-18-16.jpg
    While I did like the tapered rear from the first iteration, I'm not unhappy with the revisions either. A bit more detail work on the hangar door's lip, perhaps, but she's getting there. Left half of the ship is practically finished.

19. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

I actually used your earlier iteration in my SP game as my starter CV. The bay **just** had enough space for me to park the OreMaw -1- inside (Albeit with the rear turret mount bashing the back of the pilots head ^). Taking a decent miner with you on collection runs made it so much easier to get the ball rolling :D

Tyrax Lightning and Kieve like this.
  20. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

If the SE/LXS models were tight on space, you'll probably find the same is true of the NXT - hangar is a bit wider this time around (6x3 vs original 5x3) and I didn't have to layer thin wall blocks over the floor, but the overall area is not substantially larger. On the other paw, the NXT is the kind of ship you build once you've already acquired a healthy stockpile of resources.

Tyrax Lightning and Theurgist like this.