What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

That's a very pretty ship, bravo. The kind of thing you invest yourself in and it turns out magnificent in the end.

2. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Right now, just the two small vessels in the center and center left background and that brown brick to the right (my first build). The HV's maybe after a little playtesting. The CV's probably a dead end, but for mining, Kobold's better anyway

Needs a little playtesting to make sure engine balance is good and so forth... and dude, I've been there. My mom had a heart condition. Yours is in a dark place right now. Go shine a little light for her and help her out of it.

3. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

i plan to tomorrow

monktk and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

+10 Likes to you for choosing Quality over Shoddiness! :D

looks like a cool little starter dude. Bet it'd be welcome in Fractalite's Asymm Thread. :D

For the Topic: I got woke up early this morning & couldn't get back to sleep cause the horrible "Half Asleep Half Awake" place snared me & I couldn't break free, so I got my today's HotS Quest done for the day then Forumed here a bit then hopped onto Empyrion starting around my 2nd Cup of Coffee & attacked the next batch of my CV Build feeling like my Creative Charge was at high strength. (& yes i'll understand if 'horrible half asleep half awake place' & 'high creative charge' being possible at the same time sounds inane & oxymoron... i'll be buggered if I can understand it either when I went through it, but I wasn't about to question it when it was helping me deal with the bad morning... right time & place to "Not look a Gift Horse in the Mouth".) After much work, toil, & redoing parts of the front externals that weren't quite cutting it & Reformatting parts of it to conform to a new attempted Strategy, I think I now have the Front Externals at least 98% done... 100% isn't out of the question! :D

Also just cause I found a chance to & decided 'what the hell', I added a FOURTH Cockpit... that now brings this CV up to 1 Main Bridge & 3 Battle Bridges. Excessive? IMHO not for a Warrior CV... being built for my own use... while I tend to have Super Dying Skills. :p

Now for the Middle Body Work... current completion level on THAT guesstimated at 15 - 25ish%. :p

monktk and Jenniphurr like this.
  5. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Something like this, it's not a one day thing. It will be days, weeks, months. There will be good days and bad. You gotta just keep doing.

Theurgist, monktk, Jenniphurr and 2 others like this.
  6. The Tactician[ Λ ]

plan too

Razorwire, monktk and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

So yesterday I uploaded a construction type miner. I had so much fun building that I wanted to continue with another one! My idea is this; a mobile refinery type SV! All day at work my mind would drift coming up with ways I could build this. I was able to get enough ideas together to put a plan into action!

So I get home and pretty much do that exact opposite of what I wanted! I build another minimalistic HV! Again its resources are low, right at 8 min build time and idk I am sorta in love with the hole exposed blocks and truss blocks now! So much fun! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Off to the side I even have a mount ready if you wanted to place a, gun, a mining laser, cargo box, RCS unit, another thruster or whatever. Its weird its dumb and possibly fun! Might be uploaded this here very shortly!

8. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Whats funny, I was looking at this and thought "tow truck".
    It's a pity that SV -> HV or HV -> HV docking is not allowed.
    I'm picturing a great big server battle, and these flying around after it's over, towing the wreckage back to the faction bases.

I then had a thought, can a HV\SV dock to multiple CV's? I was thinking of a CV "tow truck" with a HV/SV "hitch" to tow wrecked CV's.
    It's a pity you cannot right-click when placing a constructor and choose which one you prefer.

9. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

Also I love old school Shoot em ups! My favorite one is called "Radiant Silvergun" So I have been working on a version to add to the ZeroG Fleet. Far from done, but here is what I got so far.

If you know what the main ship you use in that game looks like then congrats! If not then you should go play that game! Pretty much all shoot em ups after Radiant Silvergun are horrible afterwords.
    [​IMG]

10. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Fixed that for you ;) It's a dune buggy!

No, it does look like a tow truck. I really liked the Snow Cat drill rig, but it's even-block aligned, and mine is odd, so no point even asking if I could copy it. Thing is, while it has a drill turret, a multiturret could be swapped out for salvage operations.

I'm guessing probably not on the docking- but it would be cool

11. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Well My old friends, the spiders, are out in force... need to design a nimble HV to climb them hills... Omicron is full of 8-legged trolls and I suspect the PV is streaming the whole benny-hill production for giggles back at base.... I shot them down once I'll do it again... seriously! That thing is like hitting an armored car for Sluis Van Shipyards! So much loot... gonna farm them for a while before putting paid to their base.

12. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

@Fractalite made the Light Cycle and Light Cycle 2.0, which I found to be very nimble for HV craft, albiet small. That may be their true advantage, along with having low material requirements. Maybe check em out on the Workshop - I use the 2.0 version in nearly every game start.

13. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Appreciated, however I have particular requirements. Also this is going into my personal stock of vehicles for reuse. Testing phase of concept is finished. Field trials of second prototype tomorrow likely and Initial release to live game in the evening.

I tend to beat stuff I build up a while before committing it to my reserve.

14. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Can't argue with Inspiration, can't have a say in when it does & does not show up. :p

Are ya meaning SV docked to CV 1 then a CV 2 docking to that same SV? I honestly dunno if such has ever been attempted before... & if it's even Code Stable...

I'm fond of old Ship Shooters "Truxton" & "Vapor Trail" of the Sega Genesis, & "Iridion 3D" of the GBA. :( (Never got to play Iridion 2, but hear it wasn't quite as good as the first one... as if the Devs of that Game Line missed some of the point of why the first one was so epic.) Got a fav BGM for Vapor Trail & love several of Iridion 3D's BGMs too... especially the one for Stage 3 & the one for Stage 4.

Jenniphurr likes this.
  15. The Tactician[ Λ ]

guys can i get feedback on this ship i want to improve it any way posable i kida rushed it out of excitement to use it myself http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1283630492

and yes i can take constructive criticism

my goal is to improve this ship and the other one based after it, in all sence there my favorite ships ive made and want them to not only reflect the anime version of them but be a good combat vessel

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  16. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

17. The Tactician[ Λ ]

Tyrax Lightning and Jenniphurr like this.
  18. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

19. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

Accually you can fly it in space if you know how! I move them around when I go to do my photos. They don't fly too bad out there

Tyrax Lightning and Jᴧgᴧ like this.
  20. The Tactician[ Λ ]

is it just a get around HV or can u haul with it?

Tyrax Lightning and Jenniphurr like this.