What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

So... "Beer Chain Reaction Luxury Cruiser" Class Ship? :p

Ivo Shandor and monktk like this.
  2. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

3. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Captain

I spent the late part of yesterday finishing photographing the best HV I ever made. Versatile, sleek, fast, destructive. Product of a lot of testing and revision going back to the Kabuto HV I posted here a few months back.

And then today's patch hit, and now even a high-speed HV can't stand up to POI turrets for more than a few seconds, and suddenly the whole dream of a sleek, mobile, speed-based tank fell flat on its face and died there. And now I don't have the heart to upload it anymore.

zaphodikus and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

After I got done patting myself on the back for getting that pre-alpha constructor into the ship I realized that I wanted to publish it.
    It may be a tricked-out mobile spawn point, but I wanted to post it.

Which meant that I had to loose the pre-alpha constructor.

It look a bit of figuring out, but the Micro Miner & Salvage ship has been uploaded to the workshop.
    It has both drill and multitool turrets, and the insides are packed full of everything you need on a mining and salvage vessel.

It also adheres to my rules for a believable ship, and is much faster than it's predecessor.

[​IMG]

5. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Abandoned Reactor - so I died probably dozen times more. And I was being cautious! Because I think it was @Fractalite who made the place 'abandoned' - and let me tell you, that guy likes his traps and shenanigans! :D Awesome POI for sure and had the feel of the other Abandoned places.

Just couple notes in general:
    1) Tier 1 guns suck. They are just s-l-o-w and tedious.
    2) Hard enemies was probably the wrong difficulty choice. Not because they are hard as such - but they can take ridicilous amount of damage. This with the T1 guns was bit painful at a times :p
    3) I will have nightmares about the red scorpions. I mean they were everywhere. In the elevators, dropping from the ceiling etc.

20180130195241_1.jpg

20180130214626_1.jpg

20180130214934_1.jpg

But I got it cleared eventually. And I didn't leave empty handed - I got three Epi... Enhanced Weapons for my troubles:
    20180130214556_1.jpg

So Im hoping I got enough materials for a SV that can take out places that are not so abandoned.

6. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Captain

Chainsaws are your friend against red scorpions. If you can get one isolated, it basically stun-locks it so you can kill it safely.

7. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Oh it's a no-go on the base attacks after the turret update. Those green turrets especially are pure murder for my rather slow SV. It's hardened steel but it just can't take the beating. Need to make it MUCH faster and probably add a lot's of armour before I even try to take out the hostile POI's. They all seem to be in the flat terrain and guarded by multiple drones - so I really need to think this through...

Well, no one said this is gonna be easy :D

20180131122254_1.jpg

8. Sparrowhawk65

Sparrowhawk65 Captain

I found the same thing today. My usual go to ship got twice as many hits as usual. Twin jets forward, back, left and right with a slim design. As you say, time for a think.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  9. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Mining it is, then. Need more silicon & copper. I have medium armour now but it's not enough protection on the high mountains. Good old warming by the thrusters and mining with the drone luckily still works fine :)

20180131111802_1.jpg
    I have a healthy diet consisting of salami & sparkling wine. I can recommend, quite nice! Wine gives you decent amount of health so they act up as poor mans medkits - as it's pretty much all I can do at the moment. As the textured plant protein got nerfed.
    20180131121034_1.jpg
    ... just carry some water with you! You don't wanna be having a bad trip in the middle of a POI raid!
    20180131122937_1.jpg

10. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

god poi ing is not worth it now, they never made the loot better to out way the costs, ffs killed pve over night

11. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

I dunno; I used half as many rockets last night as I normally do, and had only lost a handful of steel blocks, a light and a couple of small thrusters after 4 POIs. Tonight, I don't think I'll even lose any devices.

Last week, it was a face-tank kerb-stomp. Last night, I actually had to think and fly properly. I'm OK with this.

12. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

that just means your skilled :b me im not

13. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

Looks like the homing Ion cannons were temporary anyway, Tac, give it a couple of days.

14. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

Today I had a dangerous situation be seriously fun. I just got going on a "base" that's little more than a hole in the ground, when I got a notice for my second drone attack. I went to watch for them and saw the PV too close for comfort.

[​IMG]

It was a bit over 400m away, but I didn't want to risk drawing its attention while fighting the drones, so I had to fight them from my tactical tunnel. It went really well.

@rainyday I used to think "bad trip" was flavour text, but it has never happened to me. What does the bad trip do?

15. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

Well today i finished some new additions to my flaggship HV => the ATLAS MK2 mobile mining and operations base.
    I added side mounted working stations with multiturrets, changed the 4 drill turrets vertical arrangement to 2 drill turrtes and placed 2 up front. I did setup some switches for the ramps and gates that use more than 2 to open all of them at the time (signal logic still is clumbsy and way to complicated). Oh and i added "saddlebags" to the last side surface that was plain and flat. Just in case you run out of internal space to store big cargoboxes in (i highly doubt that it is possible without making system break down).

Attached Files:

16. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Eats away your stamina & health. It even has a cool 'Oh no!' sound effect :D

rucky, Starwing6 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

Oh i forgot... on the last picture you can see the landing gear of the transport Vessel i started for when HV to SV docking will be a thing. It isn't close to finish (basically just carving the shape). I have a stock SV as a refference park there (this one fits on the upper deck of the Atlas too, even two of them). I kind of like the shape of the front section and the docking cockpit and enter section, but don't like the landing gear and the engine pods yet. And it fits perfektly into the docking area on top of the HV (kidding, i started building from there).

Attached Files:

18. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Give my Tyrax Hover War Tank a try & see if it fares better. I can use the help testing out its performance & capabilities & get more Data Sample Size on it. :) (Especially to use to decide how to try to make my next one better & more badass next go when I get to it.)

Attached Files:

binhthuy71 likes this.
  19. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Fixed It!
    [​IMG]
    HMGPHV.

Happy with this so far. I'll paint it after I beat the crap out of it.

20. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Gesundheit!

binhthuy71, Sasquatch, rucky and 5 others like this.