What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Faith

Faith Captain

Over the last week, i tried to keep my alien-race going with a new POI.
    The Style is similar to nothing i have seen so far, so i think it is alien alike in terms of empyrion:D
    Of course texture and color is copied from my mothership.
    20180126165858_1.jpg
    It has something hypnotic too :D (it has already changed from the first screenshoot)
    20180127093349_1.jpg
    The entrance and rooms behind are still very clean, without NPC and stuff to "command" this Base
    20180130004408_1.jpg 20180128225314_1.jpg 20180201145523_1.jpg
    Which NPC would you place in there.....Zirax, robots or those melee Aliens?
    And anyone interested in designing an alien-language with those LCD stuff we got? :p
    20180201145545_1.jpg

But it is still unfinished, iam working on the last room and after that: signaling, npc placement and creating different types of it (thnx to the copy&paste). At the moment it is sizeclass 13.... i dont know how much it matters performance wise on normal servers. What is the average POI sizeclase?
    What do you think of it?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  2. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

I can recommend Our Grid as well, that is my home server. Once I have finished moving in and get net sorted I may catch you there? ^^

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Faith, place that in a zip, then slap it into google drive and then send me that link via a convo. I love your stuff and I would love to have a look around.

Feel free to link it here if you do not mind people accessing it.

monktk, Tyrax Lightning and Faith like this.
  4. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Silv! Buildings man, think POI buildings! :p:D:cool::)

5. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

@Faith this is absolutly amazingly awesome!
    If it is your own scenario, then you do not need to worry about the size class.
    I'd GUESS, that the average default poi size class is between 4-9, but that really depends on the indiviual poi.

Been busy creating the ERA-S Pace:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  6. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

Wasn't my business to do the reporting, since I wasn't directly involved. But I'm certain that at least for the first one I heard of ~3-4 months ago, people who should have been aware of it -were- aware of it. I prefer to stay away from the drama, so I stay away from multiplayer. If it turns out you'd like any details, start a convo with me and I can send them to you.

monktk, Hicks42 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. Faith

Faith Captain

@Fractalite
    Thank you very much, i appreciate it! :D
    But first, i would prefer to finish it first, with two other POIs which also are nearly finished (but they don't have any interior).
    And second, i don't really unterstand a word from you where i should upload this stuff....

@Sephrajin
    It it is in some way a scenario, but it is me who will play this scenario as evil aliens on a german mp-server after the restart of the server.
    (That is the generell idea, but maybe 8.0 comes first, who knows. So i have to say to all fellows, who maybe reading this and play on the server --> Psst! This is a suprise, iam only thursty for some feedback :D)

On the mp-server i will have no problems at all with sizeclasses, but who does not dream of the moment when your own creations make it into the game. It would be a shame if it doesn't work out only because of the size.
    And sadly the "good" and impressiv ideas i have will start with sizeclass 20 :(
    Pictures will follow in the not soo distant future ;)

dpburke2 and Sephrajin like this.
  8. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Very nice work! Making something look convincingly alien is difficult as hell - making something look alien and consistent is even more of a lift. You managed it nicely. Well done.

9. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

played on a very good server today been on creative for too long lol, was going to take a break but addicted to the game

monktk, dpburke2, rucky and 3 others like this.
  10. Sparrowhawk65

Sparrowhawk65 Captain

You'll never find a more retched hive of scum, villainy, and slapstick comedy.

11. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Ditto.

It's been nice actually playing and using some of my creations properly these last few days. I had to start a new game yesterday as the last update made my last save stop unusable so I just got to L12 (Farm POI OP. I got 4 levels just from harvesting all of their crops! ^^) and have done a few initial mining runs using OreMaw-2-, got my Rexar Sol starter base up, did a jaunt to the moon for cobalt & warp fuel, and just got back from a fairly uneventful trip to Skillion for enough Neo and Sath to pay for the starter CV.

So today my aim will be to complete that CV and use that to carry the miner to get more, well, everything.

12. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

So WASD Games workin out for ya? :D

dpburke2 and The Tactician[ Λ ] like this.
  13. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

very, on Una planet atm in VTA

dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. Big toe

Big toe Ensign

Hi guys
    I am new to the game and loving it. I am a die hard 7d2d player who just got bored waiting for the new update.
    It's a great game but the devastated are very slow to update or fix anything.
    I must say very impressed with the community and devs. I can't believe how quick they patched the last patch because you guy's where complaining.
    Anyway here is my problem. Buy the way I haven't even left the planet yet.
    I died in my SV while hovering about 75 feet off the ground. Now all I can do is look at it above me. Not to mention I just fueled it up and had my best loot., hard to find ores.
    What can I do besides having a picnic under it.
    I find it kind of funny and sad at the same time.
    Thanks
    Big toe

malrose1, dpburke2, monktk and 2 others like this.
  15. Max Archer

Max Archer Commander

I got the urge for some reason to build Star Citizen's Port Olisar - or at least a quarter of it. (Olisar is actually four identical stations attached to a huge shaft thingy, and I'm just building one of the four.

20180202151001_1.jpg

I think I've had enough for one day, but I'm almost done, the interiors are pretty much finished and I just need to build the rest of the landing pads and all of the access corridors etc. I'm pretty happy with those interiors too, it's almost uncanny walking through it and feeling like I'm in a different game.

20180202151501_1.jpg

20180202151238_1.jpg

I'd intended this as just a show-off kinda project that would only be practical in Creative, but it's actually turning out to be less absurd than I'd expected, size 6 so far and less than 15k iron. It might actually be a usable survival base, or maybe a nice trading post on a custom server.

I was also able to do something I've never tried before, thanks to the extra space that resulted from adapting the SC design to Empyrion. Pressurization is all done through ceiling ducts, and the whole base only has three ventilators as a result.

20180202094202_1.jpg

There's a shot of one of the duct layers. It works surprisingly well.

16. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Interesting.... let me know when you are finished with this and link the BP... I, might, have some uses for it... :eek:

dpburke2, monktk and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

Mad Scientist mode detected... red alert!

dpburke2, monktk, Fractalite and 2 others like this.
  18. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I bought a Planet on the Server, "Sorka". You're welcome to visit it anytime. Hope it's doin well. :)

19. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Ah, those moments when the game just decides to throw you a picturesque view
    Screenshot_102.jpg
    I loaded up the CV and discovered there was more space inside than I thought :D
    Screenshot_103.jpg
    I decided that I could bring along a small pod for exploration and put it inside, instead of using the radioactive top landing pad. ^^
    Screenshot_104.jpg
    Got a few jumps to Omicron and decide to take the opportunity to get more pentaxid.

So now I'm standing by said pod, peering into the darkness at the base I know is there, and the Pentaxid crystals in front of it. If I get shot in this I could easily lose a vital thruster... Dare I risk the horrifying void for what is, effectively, starship gasoline? Couldn't even use the miner, the actual pentaxid deposits had bases sitting on top of them.. So rude..

That being said, gathering pentaxid by hand is actually fairly rewarding now. With the tiny pod I could move between the patches of crystals, containing an avg 5 crystals per patch, which doubles up of course. 77 crystals isn't too bad for a quick collection run.

20. Spirit_OK

Spirit_OK Captain

If you cannot jump high enough - build up! Put down the base core, then just build a tower of elevators until you reach the needed height. It also helps to have a ledge of solid blocks from the elevator straight to the SV. Building and especially dismantling can be done by drone.

Tyrax Lightning and dpburke2 like this.