What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

*Sighs and feels nostalgic*

Fractalite and dpburke2 like this.
  2. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

@Neal teach me the way of CV Aesthetics senpai

dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

LOL Aesthetics don't win fights. :p

rucky, Theurgist, GoldDragon and 2 others like this.
  4. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

It's also why most of my ships look very plain.
    Eye candy = resources, and the less resources a build requires the faster you can build it.

monktk, dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. The Tactician[ Λ ]

but,but,but,but
    [​IMG]

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  6. The Tactician[ Λ ]

no, but whats the point flying a ship that looks like a turd sandwich? or a fraking brick????

7. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Au contraire mon frère. It is Possible to make a ship that is JUST SO AWESOME that your enemies give up instead of fighting. But I hear it is Really Hard to do ;)

malrose1, Needleship, Kieve and 4 others like this.
  8. Tyrax Lightning

Built for Brawn, Power, & Practicality doesn't mean it's gonna make Frankenstein look like a total sexy hunk by comparison... but Warships don't need to be Pretty Boys either. :p

rucky and dpburke2 like this.
  9. The Tactician[ Λ ]

i agree fully, but im picky, i need them to look and preform good if i where to even bother building them :b

for example, neals star trek ships are well made in both these aspects, BUT hes lucky im a star trek fan, if i wernt, id never fly them, thats how i see things, but thats just me

Tyrax Lightning and dpburke2 like this.
  10. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

An asteroid base sounded really cool, then upon seeing that... "Oh, my!"

That looks like a sweet ride.

Archon

Final tonnage unknown. Guessing it will be over 30 kt. How much more I am not certain. The Archon is still mostly a shell. Still a lot of work to do. I used my Star Cruiser to estimate the thrusters I would need for the Archon. Even if it reaches 50 kt, it should still be capable of atmospheric flight...

Width. 88m. 44 blocks.
    Height. 50m. 25 blocks.
    Depth. 120m. 60 blocks.

To illustrate when I plan to release the Archon to the workshop:

Pelican (CV) -> Outreach (BA) -> Swift Skimmer (SV) -> Archon (CV) -> Swallow (SV) -> Vision (BA) -> Worker (HV)

The next blueprint I plan to finish is my Pelican freighter. I didn’t think the Pelican would be one of my challenges when I started, but an accidental success on the internals exceeded my skill level to follow through and has left me pushing myself to become better. A lot of these other blueprints I have been working on has been practice to improve my skills, including the Star Cruiser refit I am doing. I am hoping it will be less luck and more skill when I return to finish the Pelican interior. As tempting as it is to swap the Pelican out with another capital vessel I have planned so I can get more practice first, I really think it is time I return and face this hurdle. I have to try and see if my skills can now match what was then a success by accident.

Creative2_2018-02-06_20-20-00.png (at the time, this was far superior to any of my other interior work)

After the Pelican is the Outreach (BA) with 50x70 (100m x 140m) landing field. The structural integrity bug bothers me. I really wish it would spawn with the integrity correctly, but I need a pad this size for most of the future capital vessels I have planned. Sure, I can use it in my games without sharing it, but if I need it for something like the Archon then couldn’t someone else use such a base too?

Next is a completely new Swift Skimmer (SV). The similarities from the old to new will be mostly to keep it within the theme of the collection. This will be a completely new build from the ground up. The Swift was good at first as a demo, but I have been tempted to scrap it for weeks. I still want something to fill the position, as in a SV of that size using small jets. Instead of having small jets slapped on afterwards, the new Swift is designed with these from the ground up.

Creative2_2018-02-06_23-27-30.png (the main body of the new one is completely missing)
    Creative2_2018-02-06_23-27-52.png (old and new are actually the same length, so the rear wings are pushed forward to have the new engine "pods")

The Archon comes next. I wanted to see if what I envisioned matched with the interpretation into a blueprint. As a whole I am very pleased, better than I had hoped, though I still might be tempted to tweak a few more things. With three other blueprints I plan to complete first, I have some time to ponder this puzzle and try to get it right.

Creative2_2018-02-06_20-02-44.png (I completed the basic outer shell, added a door with ramp, and landing gear)

Following that will be the Swallow, a starter SV. This one I actually drafted on graph paper, and on paper I could draw the angles. I can hardly wait to do the texture and paint work on this one, but I haven’t earned this prize yet.

Creative2_2018-02-06_20-26-23.png (when the red lights work right, they are a visual assist in parking)

Vision will be my largest starting base. An alternative with a 21x35 (42m x 70m) pad to get me through spawning my first CV. So while it may not be a cheap base, it should still only require the materials you can mine or harvest on a starting world… unless I err in finishing this.

The Worker is my latest mining HV. While the concept I had drawn up was a good place to start, building it in the game revealed several flaws I had to iron out. It just needs texture and paint work like so many of my others.

A little positive feedback got me excited to do the Worker. The energy I feel now with the Worker was getting dampened by seeing a number over 60 on my “schedule”.... With only 26 blueprints on Steam, this was still so very far away. The Worker is a concept I have had for a few weeks but originally it wasn’t exciting me any more than most of my concepts. A simple positive comment on the Kiwi miner changed all that. To capitalize on that new excitement, I shuffled around my blueprints. Then it was a matter of creating the blueprint in the game. The prize now feels like it is within reach. Then I told myself that I can have that prize when I finish X, Y and Z projects. I have had the concept for the Archon for over a month and a half, but how quickly did I get the Archon blueprint started after setting my sights on the Worker? Not to say the Archon isn’t a great concept in its own right, but the Archon wasn’t getting moved quickly from concept to blueprint until I borrowed some energy from the Worker.

There are still many blueprint concepts planned to follow the Worker, some excite me more than others. For example, an alternate Hawker, an alternate Darter, a personnel transport, a couple combat HV, and so forth. Instead of doing all these immediately and leaving the rest for later, I set these select blueprints throughout my plan to help me stay excited to finish what I began. Little rewards. For example, I am actually using the prototype Red Hawker to fly around in creative from blueprint to blueprint I am working on. It so happens that rewarding myself with the Worker is only one blueprint ahead of when I originally planned to reward myself with the Red Hawker--I know that because I had only shuffled around the HV to move up the Worker.

Creative2_2018-02-06_20-09-59.png

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  11. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

The CV's that are built so big that they are circular or nicely curved are an impressive achievement. I admire them from a distance, though. I'd never have the patience to place that many blocks - even with symmetry enabled - let alone texture them. :)

monktk, Hicks42, rucky and 4 others like this.
  12. Tyrax Lightning

Got another big chunk of my CV Interior done. Still got about 2/3rds of it to go. This is a really big dude i'm making. :D

13. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I'm still in a creative slump, but I saw a post today and figured, why not?

Why not make the most mentioned ship in the forums?
    ... and, since it is the most mentioned, I'm guessing the most requested.

Behold it's magnificence....
    I give you...

The Flying Brick.
    20180207003719_1.jpg

Yes, I was in one of those moods. I just wish my brain would start kicking in a good idea.

14. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

:D Bonus points if you revise it to include the frog indentation...

15. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Debo! You Got Knocked the Fluff Out

Now all we need is Steph to make a BA of Tiny Lister.

Fractalite and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

That's for sure, but you can combine both imo.
    Btw, not everyone wants to have a warship. Personally i find warships, carriers and Battleships, pretty boring (every single game has them) i rather fly a non dedicated Warship instead, it's simply much more fun imo.

Maybe, when they decide to finally add energy shields to the game, more aesthetic (=advanced) looking ships will be much more common.

17. The Tactician[ Λ ]

star wars Keldabe-class battleship future project teaser
    [​IMG]

18. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

Anyone that quotes Apone from Aliens is ok in my book!
    I Love the Core!

19. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

and somebody wake up Hicks!

20. Marbod

Marbod Commander

New Game new Luck...

after some month, i start a new Game...i´m lovin it (sorry Mc Donalds).

Today i tried to build a small freighter SV...it´s fly like a brick...a brick deep buried inside a wall... but i love it

i present Muli 1.0

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also start a new Base...every time the same...to Big...
    [​IMG]

rucky, Theurgist, dpburke2 and 11 others like this.