What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

This being the key to the process. When doing any copy and paste, "remove selection" is your bestest buddy..

What you copy can be a part of any other BP, the type doesn't matter. The below CV, as you can see, has side pods made from the Tier 4 prefab SV. When the selection is pasted in, it adopts the scale of the new grid. A quick replaceblocks command, and it's all seamlessly merged in.

20180208212624_1.jpg

So if you have a favorite SV that you want to make into or part of a CV, or a favorite CV that you want to turn into a crashed ship POI, follow the steps @Fractalite lays out... Hmm... maybe we're overdue for some tutorial threads

*edit*

Now, wouldn't it be awesome if Fractalite's new hangar actually spawned Zirax attack ships out of all those hangars when you went after it?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  2. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

Thanks. Much appreciated

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

HELL, YES!! Cuz I do NOT know what the hell I'm doin' !

4. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

That support equipment is very well done. Your textures make it convincing and it adds substantially to the sense that this is
    a working base.

Sephrajin and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

You can?? Wow - okay, did not know that. Thanks :)

Tyrax Lightning, Fractalite and rucky like this.
  6. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Yay, cut and paste almost here :)

In the meantime, I was experimenting with a lava planet, Hellgate:
    20180209064332_1.jpg
    20180209064323_1.jpg

And a temperate planet, Phloston A:
    20180209055117_1.jpg
    20180209055352_1.jpg
    20180209063616_1.jpg

Once they have resources and animals, they'll be added to the scenario.
    But that is for tomorrow :)

7. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Spent most of the evening after work getting our internet up and working. New modem. Almost put our old modem back on and called for a tech to come out tomorrow, but it is working now.

At one point I was waiting a couple hours for the call center to call me back. They never did, but... at least it is working now.

During those couples hours while I was waiting, I worked on the new Swift Skimmer.

Creative2_2018-02-08_23-01-41.png Creative2_2018-02-08_23-00-05.png Creative2_2018-02-08_23-00-19.png Creative2_2018-02-08_23-00-32.png Creative2_2018-02-08_23-05-43.png Creative2_2018-02-08_23-10-27.png Creative2_2018-02-08_23-11-09.png Creative2_2018-02-08_23-05-53.png

8. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

seems I missed that change then :)
    Back in the early days of Copy&Paste it didn't work, I'm sure about that, even Hummel mentioned that.
    But that's really nice that's it's working now! Thanx for the heads up, guys!!

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  9. Fraser

Fraser Commander

What did I do in Empyrion today?

It started with falling 80ft from the sky and Breaking my legs.......

24 Hours Earlier#

It was good night and Frazer and Dave had finished building their shared Capital Vessel, we'd decided to make it a joint contribution and one of us would fly a SV while the other was in the CV during combat. Everything was going well, plants were growing, constructor churning and food was in our bellies. But it was getting late and it was time to log out. So sitting in the cockpit Frazer says his farewells to Dave and signed out of the game.

However in my absence Dave decides he's going to move the ship to an alternative platform.......

24 Hours Late:

Frazer signs onto the Server, finds himself 80ft above ground, no sign of the CV, No sign of any Floors, rapidly finds himself slamming into the ground....... "Oh dang!"

10. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

Hah! Been there :D

My faction-mate 'helpfully' moved our large mobile HQ over to our space-dock after I'd parked it a couple of km away (to reduce lag around the station while we were moving multiple large CVs in and out for provisioning). He thought it had drifted or the server had misplaced it.

I logged on the mobile-HQ, and woke up in space, 2km from the nearest structure or ship, with no EVA boosters in my armour :confused:

11. Fraser

Fraser Commander

Haha even worse! - we just laugh about it, I'm safe in the knowledge that one day that won't be an issue.

We had a similar issue once where several of us were flying on the same ship one of the guys dropped out the game and logged straight back in to find himself floating off into space.... We tried hard to find him before he froze to death, but try spotting a tiny person whilst flying a huge CV it's impossible! he was yellow "forward, backward, left, right, right!!!!" but we never managed to rescued him haha

12. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

And you don't even need a team mate for such an... experience...

I've got it twice now on Farmland Server, I was going down from Orbit to Moon, making the transition.... and....
    got Server Sync error and got kicked.
    After relogging in....
    I was in Orbit between Moon and Planet.... and my Ship falling down on the Moon...

!!

13. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

:D Did you make it?

14. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

I do have ALWAYS a Micro-SV and a Mini-Spawn-pad in my factory :D:p so yes, after building that, then removing the pad after spawning that SV, I could get to the moon searching for the crash site... which then was in 500m height...
    So I needed to cut down power per remote link (registry) in hope my ship and plants will survive...
    which they gladly did, both ;)
    (it was a PVE moon)

15. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

Nice.
    My server only allows one BP in factory at a time, and no stockpiling of factory mats; I've not held an emergency vehicle since pads were required :D
    I'd have to freefall or die in space...

16. Fraser

Fraser Commander

Spot of Base Jumping never hurt anyone......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Tyrax Lightning and Razorwire like this.
  17. Faith

Faith Captain

Awesome stuff!!!
    I always wondered where to find this thing from your banner and now here it it :D

These are 4 CVs right? What is the length/width from one of the CVs? Is it actually possible to make only one base/warpgate out of it?

@Fractalite 's BP Templating:
    i did the same with my mothership, and it is funny how much potential is sleeping in just one blueprint :D
    By the way, i shared some of my alien stuff ;)

18. Spirit_OK

Spirit_OK Captain

That was not exactly today but still..

On a bright Akua day I went outside, thinking of what to do, and looked at the sunset. There was something disturbingly familiar about the clouds, their shapes were all pretty curves. Without a second thought I started to hum "Stairway to heaven"...
    The truth was like a green crack through my brain - exactly, if I go up a highest mountain and make a tallest ramp I can ride to orbit in my HV! Funny as hell, that was the most appropriate thing to do at 1:30 AM on a workday.

After some time spent learning how to copy-paste blueprints and collecting assorted SI bugs (I think I saw every known one for several times and some unknown at least once) I had finished this:

Race2Space_2018-02-08_22-25-25.png

Had to make an earth pillar to put a core at. Do you know that earth refuses to grow higher than half the distance to orbit? Well, I didn't either. So the ramp was robbed of 110 m height by non-cooperating earth and ended 390 meters high, leaving measly 190 m to orbit. I went up in a SV, placed a helpful waypoint to mark needed height and left off to construct the first HV to boldly go into space.
    Long story short, ramp was a bad idea and I switched to wall hugging racing (remember that lone pole at the left?). So here is Pole Dancer Mk2 ready to take off:

Race2Space_2018-02-08_22-43-57.png

It turned out that hover engines shutdown without a surface to push against AND take forward thrust with them if a pitch is particularly high. So after the end of the pole all I had was inertia and gravity, known to be rather heartless.. My best effort was 70 meters to waypoint, screened only a second best:

Race2Space-180208-2256_2018-02-08_23-21-47.png

That is 120 m short of the orbit, HV jumps as high as 70 meters on Akua - not bad, but not enough.

So, if anyone has a seed of a planet with higher mountains (less than "580 to orbit") and lower G, I'm willing to try it :)

19. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

... Almost...?

oh fuck... please tell me I didn't just fuck up & Violate my NDA... D:

Jᴧgᴧ likes this.
  20. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Ah what a day, I'm finally in the new place! 8:30 at night and have only just set up pc and sat down for a cuppa and caught up here. Next up is the probably hornets nest of a thread; ship & class discussion. It's onto 2 pages already.

Sadly I had to abandon my deskchair at the other end, it was a fix-er-upper to begin with: A leather massage chair that had a base and rubber casters attached to the bottom. Unfortunately it marked the carpets terribly. I was using a plastic floor mat to avoid that but it wasn't perfect and these are new carpets that family paid for. Not going to mess them up if I can avoid it. The seat was sinking anyway so I decided that it was time to let it die and move on.

The upshot of all this is I now don't have a chair for my pc desk and I'm learning now that my temp plan to use the sofa doesn't work unless I'm willing to get a sore neck and arms each time I use it for more than 5 mins. Just typing this up is rough... Gonna unpack slowly so with luck I'll be settled in reasonably well around next payday then I can hit up charity shops for a temp chair that actually works.

Thankfully I can get a little of my EGS fix through this thread and basking in the genius exhibited within.

Neal, dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.