What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

2. The Tactician[ Λ ]

idk what to work on, i need to smooth my existing ships up, but i also need to finish my First Order dreadnought, ill think of something. mean while i want to find a way to make one of my own designs sadly i cant draw for **** so i made silhouettes so i might try something out of the box

[​IMG]

3. Cleff

Cleff Captain

Good luck with some of those angles. Empyrion's block shapes are always quite limited regarding complex angles and curves, and always results in frustration for myself when I want to reproduce a hand-drawn design (or online design) within the game.

4. Faith

Faith Captain

uh uhh uhhh, that i like very much.
    So please upload it, it is pretty hard to build something "different" with the static in mind, well done!

5. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

You people and your "carriers" with your your "transporting." Whatever happened to a hook, a good winch, and some duck tape? :p

I like the little u-shaped cutout in the second floor of your hangar. Really, its the little things.

Dayum Rainy! I like your work with the forcefields! Been trying to do that a bunch myself - invisible floaty fields of light have to be more useful than just "Can be placed over doorway-like openings." :)

Kieve, Jenniphurr, dpburke2 and 2 others like this.
  6. The Tactician[ Λ ]

ya i was affraid of that, but hey ill still get it close as i can, but first things first, i need to polish my ships ive already made make them better

dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. The Tactician[ Λ ]

and why in the hell is steam broken soon as i publich my USS Discovery build LOL damn my timing(5am est this morning)

dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  8. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

here ya go:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1307998242

Turns out the administrator wanted something without a trader and on the smaller side, so there, in all its spiky maw glory, it is!

I know you already know how to do this, but for anyone else reading this, the minimal instructions for how to convert it to an admin building are in the steam description.

Have fun!

Faith, Jenniphurr, dpburke2 and 2 others like this.
  9. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

@Faith I also plan on trying for a cement starter version. Will be tricky as the windows are a very robust silicon and iron demand. Still! Its gonna be sweet.

10. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Sounds like a good place to get a storm of Brews... :p *Ducks Rotten Produce*

Wonder if there's any long timer of these Forums who hasn't done this, anymore? Know how ya feel dude. :)

If you & your buds have trouble fitting your Fleet in there, ya'all need to Portablize your Parking better instead of strewing your stuff around willy nilly... also maybe invest in some Butt Parking, Flank Parking, & Bat Parking Creations to increase amount of Hangar usable for Parking. Hell, maybe even some Nose Parking dudes. :p

Jenniphurr, dpburke2 and rainyday like this.
  11. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Thanks for including the instructions. It will save folks some trouble. I'm looking forward to the time when those of us who wish to can write some walkthroughs and tutorials that will hold up for more than a few weeks. :)

Faith, Theurgist, Fractalite and 3 others like this.
  12. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

You got the in with the devs... tell them to get crackin' :p

13. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

"If it doesn't fit on top of the car then it stays here."

14. Sparrowhawk65

Sparrowhawk65 Captain

That would be an interesting room to try to simulate. A holodeck room. A room in a CV designed to look like it's not on a CV.

15. The Tactician[ Λ ]

that would be very cool, i might take a note on that too

Tyrax Lightning and dpburke2 like this.
  16. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

Well, all I did today was lose my game. I exited to tend to some other things. When I reopened "Resume Game". it was GONE!
    All my other saved games were there, just not the one I had been playing. i had been having a problem with my base on Omicron. Every time i exited and resume the game while on my base, i would wind up underneath in the water. Sometimes i would have to use the MT to make an opening to get out. I tried it while inside my HV and found myself inside the blocks forming the pad on which the HV was docked.

So I decided to exit while on land. Initially, when I resumed, I was standing on anempty planet. As panic set in, so did my base and ships. Did I tell you that Omicron is full of holes? Anyway, i was deciding to abandon the base when the whole game disappeared. SHAZAA-A-AM!

That's what I did today in Empyrion.

But oh hey guys....Great stuff y'all are doin'. i'm constantly impressed and even a bit envious. Keep it up, i may get there yet!;)

17. Sparrowhawk65

Sparrowhawk65 Captain

Yikes! Losing a game wouldn't bother me too much as I start a new one every other week. Long term games would be chilling to lose.

Go for it. I'm not skilled enough for that sort of decorating. :)

18. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

19. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

20. SirKnumskull

SirKnumskull Captain

I just realized I missed the chance to say FIRST!!!!11111!! in the comments. Damn it! ;)

To my delight I also noticed that my Equestris finally managed to hit the front page despite receiving that downvote bomb early on. Quality prevails over trolls! :)