What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Actually, in this case I understand how to go about it. Just keep pumping out the builds. Eventually you'll either hit on some random thing that takes off dramatically for no discernable reason, or have been at it for so long that you gather a following that propels your stuff to the front page anyway.

As much as I design stuff for others to use, my primary aim is to make stuff for me to use. In that process I get to test and experiment so each time I make something new it has more features & gameplay considerations built-in to it's basic structure. I use my 'failures' on the workshop to try to gauge what people like. I look at the View:Subscription rate since steam doesn't show me any other stats.

One of my earlier SVs has a rate of 99:22, it's nothing special imo, it has less features than pretty much anything that I've made since.
    My first CV is currently at 192:32, which took a LOT more time and effort to produce. The SV beats it on overall subsciption rate.
    And then there's my Transfer Pod, that's at 31:16. Over 50%.

I only use them to give me a vague idea on my upload popularities. Also bear in mind that stuff you upload will keep ticking up over time.

It's ironic, the trends here remind me a LOT of trying to get going on Youtube & Twitch. To be successful you have to just keep on truckin. As you *slowly* build up your viewer base you'll find that they growth rate slowly climbs too. Very slowly. The main thing you can do to improve those is the same thing you'd do here. Keep driving traffic to your channel(workshop) from forums & other social platforms, run events & challenges, build your community, interact with your followers. And above all else, don't give up.

2. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

i wish steam showed off new workshop items at the front page first even at the top, that way less experienced builders like myself get "some" lime light

Tyrax Lightning and Sephrajin like this.
  3. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

After doing/completing several CV's in a row:
    * Big Troop Transporter, a noob build (my first started CV, of which I thought it became to expensive at that time and stoped..
    * ERA-C Alapalo, a nice farming CV
    * ERA-C Old Start, guess what, a starter CV ;)
    * and the Seraphim Carrier VCA, my first attempt to pre-draw a ship... just to figure it ended a whole different than intended (to the worse)...

Anyway, after all these CVs within the last 3 weeks, I needed a little 'break'.
    So I made a new SV... wanted something smooth and spiky at the same time.
    And i thought of jewelery..

Here are the Sapphire's:
    [​IMG]
    Orginal colors (blue): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1315245533
    Cool Alien (green): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1315245855

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  4. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

They really aren't mutually exclusive - why not do both? And by that I mean why not share the awesome things you do for yourself & your friends with others too. Those are the best builds, that are actually built for use the way you like the game to be played.

Personally I don't quite get it why would anyone build just for the Workshop only or be worried about 'stars' or 'ratings'. I mean if they don't find the actual building process fun atleast. Building is still playing the game and in all essence - should be fun and all the 'reward' gaming should ever need. Why the heck play otherwise? To please others? Chase the approval of the faceless internet with stars and ratings? It's just gonna wear you out. If someone finds your builds useful - cool! If not, why that would matter if you like it yourself and had fun time building it?

I think it's perfectly fine to think about just yourself when playing (well maybe your faction mates too :p) - because if you are playing this game for yourself, the way YOU get most out of the game - you are actually giving the most to others too. Then you might inspire others and give new ideas how to play the game and how to build things. Sharing your passion is what gives most to this game & community :)

So be selfish, be yourself - have fun. :)

5. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Lets try to steeeeeeerrr things back around to, "What did you do in Empyrion today?"

"Well Fractalite, I -> ________" Fill in blank with awesome builds, fun server experiences and epic tangles with creatures and/or Zirax.

6. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

....congratulated one of players for reaching 1k kills and in the background working more on my juggernaught

upload_2018-2-27_21-40-25.png

MEKNET1977, monktk, dpburke2 and 5 others like this.
  7. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

keep OT please guys

MEKNET1977, Cleff, dpburke2 and 3 others like this.
  8. lochigg

lochigg Commander

This is the alpha release of the Izumo battlecruiser .

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1315520750

NeuesSpiel_0_2018-02-27_21-27-19.jpg NeuesSpiel_0_2018-02-27_21-29-17.jpg NeuesSpiel_0_2018-02-27_21-37-01.jpg NeuesSpiel_0_2018-02-27_21-30-05.jpg NeuesSpiel_0_2018-02-27_21-30-39.jpg NeuesSpiel_0_2018-02-27_21-31-15.jpg NeuesSpiel_0_2018-02-27_21-32-43.jpg NeuesSpiel_0_2018-02-27_21-34-54.jpg NeuesSpiel_0_2018-02-27_21-33-39.jpg NeuesSpiel_0_2018-02-27_21-38-16.jpg

The ship is meant for pve. The interior isn't finished yet, but I would like to get some feedback on what's done. I would also appreciate some ideas for the unused rooms (accessible through the service tunnels) and the two backward hangars. I guess I will have to completly rework the backward hangars. Also the storage and fab floor are not finished yet.

The design is based on https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1275428552

Trig, Na_Palm, rainyday and 6 others like this.
  9. SirKnumskull

SirKnumskull Captain

I will congratulate my alliance buddy Juggoire aswell once he reaches 1k kills.

HWS_userlist.jpg

:p

10. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I miss being able to make 3+ Arty Turret Hover War Tanks... but I don't have enough RL time available for making "Vanilla Incompatible" Builds... :(

Also frankly I tend to already build for private use cause only ME can actually operate my kinda Builds worth a damn & I can't operate "Neurotypical Strategies" all that well as is & i'm honored by any Likes I get as a side effect. Honest, it's a Legit Strat in my book.

Also, if ya wanna make money making stuff, seriously consider perusing Unity's Site & researching... ;)

Yep, one of the things that makes HVs so interesting to build is Mass Distribution being a thing. :)

Meh, if the Steam Workshop wants to de-evolve into a Toxic Cesspool, it's responsible for the consequences of its actions. I'm perfectly happy & content keeping my Creations here on the Empyrion Forums till they go obsolete & get Deleted & will now be using my Workshop only to stick Jenn Contest Entries onto for easier-on-Jenn Contest Entry Submission... though she might have to put up with me sticking the Contest Entry Screenies on the actual Contest Threads cause the Steam Workshop Screenie Restrictions drive me too damn nuts. Seriously, it's dumassery that I can't even Screenie the STEAM Workshop Items from my own damn STEAM Screenies! o_O

Yep, dumbass Civilians valuing looks & prettiness over actual reliability & brawn. :rolleyes: (Screw'em, let's just blow their stupid asses up together.)

Trying to build only to 'Please the Unpleasable'... what a futile endeavor... :(

For the Topic: I'm working on a Contest Entry for Jenn's 2nd Contest. :)

It'll be the biggest HV i've done yet, it contains some new Mad Empyrion Science Experiments, it's probably gonna be outta a job after the Contest cause i'm building it in a number of ways i'd never do an actual REAL Tyrax Tank, & it might not even manage 1st place! Though it'll hopefully at least be something that'll be good enough for me to be able to stand by. :)

Also if Jenn keeps Chain Running Contests with no breaks, how in the Halibut am I ever supposed to have time for anything else in my Empyrion Life...? >_<

11. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

I've been killed at least 1k times. :D

12. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

This is why I always build HVs over water :D
    That, my friend, is lovely. Well done.

dpburke2, Trig and Sephrajin like this.
  13. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

There is a BA named Sentinel Station in workshop. I found it very interesting matching the color scheme of my main CV carrier Anax. all I did today was to expand the landing pad to accommodate my CV. Here is the result...Sentinel Twin Tower

Sentinel twin tower_2018-02-28_17-18-32.png Sentinel twin tower_2018-02-28_17-08-50.png
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Bigfeet, Sasquatch, dpburke2 and 4 others like this.
  14. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

binhthuy71, dpburke2 and Siege Inc. like this.
  15. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

You choose well, that is an impressive build(yours and the original.) - been using it myself to make a new "Abandoned" orbital.

20180228075944_1.jpg

Jenn's threads have been distracting me though, I need to get back to finishing this.

16. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Your build is interesting too. I think it is better for orbital station where my modification is better for planets. Bearing in mind that larger ones are coming soon.;)

dpburke2 likes this.
  17. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Oops! Sorry, did not mean to steal your thunder - that is a cool build and I got excited. :)

binhthuy71, dpburke2 and Myrmidon like this.
  18. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Not at all. After all the original station is not my idea nor my build. Credits go to the original creator. I showed him my modification and he liked it. You could do the same if you want. This is a game. Nobody steals anything.All credits go first to the developers of this game and then to the original creators of the many shared BAs/SVs/HVs and CVs. :)

I see the alteration of those as evolution.

dpburke2 likes this.
  19. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I made a neat thing today:

Introducing, Madness:

20180228122651_1.jpg

More images in the steam link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1316405194

Since I seem to have a similar theme going, I decided to create a collection to help organize things.

Maelstrom foundry:

20180228173006_1.jpg

Another steam link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1316611024

Since the aforementioned downvoting is going on, I was wonder if ya'll are feeling charitable, mind throwing a upvote or two the collections way? -> Presuming you like my more abstract theme. :p:D

20. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

Look like a shot hit your ships shields there ^^[​IMG]

Kieve, MEKNET1977, Theurgist and 8 others like this.