What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

You should make it a real challenge ;)
    Like climbing a wall with something that 'looks out' of the flat wall.

Example with my HV 'SEA Hover Base Skarab' ontop of the 'duckingstation'.
    The towers are built alike, see that blue'ish thing coming out?
    That is 3 blocks at the 'widest' part, however, just 1 at the corner.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  2. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

I started work on a new CV to land my recent hovers on planets safely. This is the front section only; I'm still debating how to continue the rear. Was thinking of splitting the main structure into 2 sections then have those sweep diagonally upwards for the main engine pods.
    Screenshot_147.jpg
    This time I'm building the Entire thing from combat steel, so if you do take hits there's a lot less chance you'll have to spend time replacing blocks after battle.

3. T431

T431 Captain

4. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

Yesterday i was a little bored, so i work on one of those bigger projects. I did a little sculpting and a little detailing but it is far from finished. I am not quiet happy with the thruster placement and the performance in some cases. Yes it is a little bigger so it should fly accordingly, but some directions could use a lttle overhaul. But i actually don't mind that if you want to gain altitude you'll need to fly it like a plane (pointing your nose up instead of just pressing spacebar). And it is more a design study or a proof of concept and not anywhere near a practical SV.
    Building for friends_2018-03-14_18-17-52.png

Faith, Wild_XIII, ion_storm and 17 others like this.
  5. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

I just have published my Atlas MK2 on the steam workshop. It isn't finished but that could take ages as i always find something to make better in some ways or another. I did not add many interior lights because that might fry some CPUs out there. Just leave it up there for people to play around with and have fun. As i said: it is excellent for target and boarding practice. ;-)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1331502261

Attached Files:

6. spacefarmer

spacefarmer Captain

Very beautiful! It looks like a combat ship, but I would NOT want to take it into battle, hah.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  7. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

Honestly... it is a little to slow and way to big for a combat ship. It is more like a capital transport vessel. Lots of space where you can put cargo-containers and a little space for other stuff (i haven't even touched the interior yet). But accelleration besides forward is "underdeveloped" to say the least :-D

Edit: here i have a few other pictures.... Cockpit view, loading bay and a size comparison with the awesome prefab SV made by Pyston

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  8. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Make a CV with that level of shaping & upload to workshop plz. ^^

9. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

You do know that it would be bigger by a factor of 4? Can you imagine how big it actually would be? Besides the question what you want to do with a cockpit that is 5 x 5 x7 blocks big :-D

I have a couple of CVs in the works (small starter, medium group allrounder and big all you need and more ship) maybe something is among them to like.

10. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

idk when but ill be building a AEGIS security frigate at some point in the near future, other then that i dont have any real plans for empyrion till 8.0

Tyrax Lightning and dpburke2 like this.
  11. Pyston

Pyston Captain

IMO, I would not worry about this game. Concentrate on your health and getting better. The game will be here, but your health is a priority.

12. The Tactician[ Λ ]

true, but atm still waiting for my next doctors appointment witch isent till next month im dead bored lol, but yes you have a point, ill wait

Tyrax Lightning and dpburke2 like this.
  13. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Boredom is a tough thing to deal with. Are you able to use a pen and paper without straining your eyes? Sketch ideas, words, doodle shapes...both shapes for an overall shape of a ship, and shapes that you can use for greeble details. If paper is too much strain, just close your eyes and brainstorm. Think of how you would want a spaceship made if you were to live in it, role play in your head and dream. Look for inspiration and manifest it into something you can bring back to the game when you are better.

We'll be here waiting for you to be back and be better.

rucky, Track Driver, dpburke2 and 3 others like this.
  14. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

My pre-8 boredom is in full effect, I have been revisiting old blueprints and tweaking them while I wait.

Today I tweaked the LVL 7 Armored Mobile Spawn Point by replacing the roof with combat steel thin blocks and rearranging the innards.
    Not a popular blueprint, but it is a LVL 7 that requires less than 1k of any material. I have been debating on updating the warp version with a constructor and mobile base additional goodies. I already know I can fit it in there.

[​IMG]

15. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Bordem? You guys need bigger projects, thats all :p

The picture goes by the name: "Call to war"
    Signed with the famous last words: "Bet it has no ammo boxes..."
    [​IMG]
    The actual object shown is still WIP, very close.. maybe even today.. *hope*

Ephoie, ion_storm, Theurgist and 9 others like this.
  16. The Tactician[ Λ ]

so lucky me for once my moms MS nurse bought me a eye patch today and she told me that long as i wear it i shouldent have any headaches while playing games but just incase i took some aspirin and i really want to get back into building or games in general im so bored waitching paint dry is a Michael bay film explosion seen LOL

so i decided to try to build a AEGIS security vessel and i found this design
    [​IMG]
    now these angles are out of my skill range atm but ill give it a go see how i do, going to be kinda odd with one eye lol

17. The Tactician[ Λ ]

18. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

I had athought today... isn't there a way to change a SV to CV? I mean after you took all the SV exclusive parts off?

19. T431

T431 Captain

Today I made some nice progress on my submission for the 1 large generator challenge, if it were a pokemon it'd be the T4-Apex's evolution.
    20180316212839_1.jpg
    For the time being I named it the T4-Avian, since the apex is also named after a Starbound race.

20. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

When I thought to do some videos, I looked around for the headphones with microphone. They were being used by my wife. If I asked for the headphones to record commentary with a video, then you would end up hearing my wife's TV show in the background. The headphones are the reason I can't hear her show and she isn't complaining about interference from the sounds of my gaming. So instead, I worked on my T1 large generator CV. Did some signal work. Borrowed from @rucky's experience. My CV was never intended to redline with everything on at Omicron, but I liked how rucky had tried to use some good signal work to manage use of thrusters. While mine might not manage the thrusters from the CP, but with a couple switches I thought I would take my mobile farm to some further extremes among planets.

Redlining is so much easier to do on Masperon, so I went there. Some good turns pushing the vessel with everything on. Well, except for the lights. You can turn off the motion sensor trigger for the lights but I forgot to do that before making this run. There is no switch or sensor for the grow lights. This is a flying farm after all. So first for some good power turns with everything but the cabin lights on.

Creative2_2018-03-16_21-20-41.png

I was messing around with arrangements of the control center and at one point tried the cockpit raised up a block. I liked the view from the cockpit so much that I kept it, just fixed it up to look a little better than atop a basic block. You can't see these from the cockpit while flying, but when the cockpit was down they were very much in the way of the view. Not quite like using LCDs in a HV cockpit.

Creative2_2018-03-16_21-29-00.png

So I turned on the reduction and turned off the high gravity thrusters.... The following was trying the same power turns. Now with some stuff turned off the vessel didn't maneuver as well. This was the power turn. Just cruising was comfortably under the redline. I think there was some room for the cabin lights to be on.

Creative2_2018-03-16_21-22-08.png

Oh wait, you didn't really see the cockpit. I was standing under it in that one pic.

Creative2_2018-03-16_21-44-19.png

A lot of the signal work still needs to be done, but some of it is working.

Creative2_2018-03-16_21-45-59.png

Part of the problem is giving all the switches a somewhat logical location even though I have been labeling them.

Creative2_2018-03-16_21-46-59.png

Some of the signage needs a bit more work.

Creative2_2018-03-16_21-46-48.png

I moved the reserved location for a repair station forward a bit so you didn't have to get quite so close to the warp drive... Still close, but now it isn't halfway down the room next to it.

Creative2_2018-03-16_21-46-27.png

Placing the switches for the gravity assist and reduction for dense atmospheres was a bit harder. A lot of the spots near the control center were not suitable and I didn't want to put these two on the ceiling if I could avoid it. Then it occurred to me that I could use a ramp on its side, leaving the medical room unobstructed and give myself some compatible flat surfaces near the control center for these thruster management switches.

Creative2_2018-03-16_21-47-18.png

Oh, yeah. That "high gravity assist" pushes it up to 31 m/s^2 currently. I have been trying to shave off weight. The weight savings hasn't moved that number, but I think it did give me a buffer as I have been adding switches, lights and making all sorts of tweaks to the ship that added weight back on.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018