What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

bro you can draw very well, one thing in life ive tried to do but couldent, good on ya

2. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I found lots of stuff on the series during the holidays. I have a documentary about the "making of" for both seasons, a long interview with (the now gone) Martin Landau (Cmdr Quoenig) and Barbara Bain (Dr. Elena Russell), and I also found an old 8-bit game called Defense Force... memories...

I have lots of pictures of parts of the base, various ships, Maya in bikini (kidding here...) and many "schematics" from the manual you mention.

I really like the atmosphere in the series, I think it fits very well the "survival" aspect of Empyrion, and the sense of frailness of the player without any ship. And the Eagle was not a very good "warship" as it was never designed for this, being mostly a transport and workhorse.

I saw that a guy made a very nice rendition of the moonbase Alpha with Unity. I don't know what happened to him; no news since this post on his profile:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/spa...-inside-unity3d-game-work-in-progress.319076/

3. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

Thanks. I wish it were still so. I made my living drawing for over 30 years. First with a pencil, then with a computer when computers took up an entire room.
    I understand you're having vision problems. Believe me when I say I can relate. i hope all goes well for you.

4. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

This is something I Did Not Know. Favorite person of the day right there. Thanks for sharing the info @Trig

Tyrax Lightning and dpburke2 like this.
  5. The Tactician[ Λ ]

wearing this eye patch is annoying and i suck at playing games in say firefights lol

6. Track Driver

For years, I collected sci-fi stuff that was more like a 'prop' rather than just a fan souvenir. I didn't want things that said "Star Trek', 'Star Wars', or 'Space 1999', but rather said 'Starfleet', 'Alderan Defense Force', or 'Alpha Moonbase'. thr thing if I didn't buy them to accumulate value, but to immerse myself in the fantasy. Still do.

BTW, The Eagle wasn't a warship, nut then they had the Hawk. MPC881-12_Hawk_mock__66962_1516833990_1280_1280.jpg

I watched that whole series of '1999' videos. My beard is soaked with drool! Just terrific!:D I WANT ALL OF THAT!!!

7. The Tactician[ Λ ]

future plans for AEGIS for the next 5 months

1. cargo ship- a mid size CV able to carry all your good when moving to planet to planet and will be armored up for PVP
    2. carrier- a SV carrier for AEGIS on its future line of 3 fighter projects
    3. light,medium and heavy fighters
    4. APC- this might get done first do to i can get it done very easily
    5. defense satellites- prototype seen in my earlier cinematic image of aegis hq, this will be expanded on with cheep pvp satellites
    6. ground HQ building- no idea yet but might be far off
    7. dropship
    8. defense base planetary tower
    and a top secret project that atm cant reveal

8. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

I updated the Entry in Jenniphurr's SVcontest.

FalconInterseptold.jpg Old

Falcon Interceptor.jpg

New. And meaner.

9. The Tactician[ Λ ]

so now that i know i got to fix my AEGIS HQ interior and make it more "elaborate" ill be doing that this week i was at the time tired being up for 20+ hours so i could have missed a few things and needs a patchup

dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  10. The Tactician[ Λ ]

a prject i started before AEGIS HQ witch originally was going to be it i putting on hold till i get the HQ looking better on the insides, but to give you a look on the original design for the AEGIS HQ it was vastly different
    [​IMG]

11. Track Driver

APC!
    I'll be interested to see your interpretation. That's where I get my name. Among other things, I drove a 'track', our name for an 'APC' in the Army. Go for it.

12. The Tactician[ Λ ]

atm my idea's to draw inspiration from might be like these
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    but wont be doing this right away

13. Track Driver

Those are good. Mine looked more like this:
    ARMY PHOTOS004.jpg

14. T431

T431 Captain

That's awesome, I love the whole drop pod thing here.
    It might even be suitable for my hybrid challenge with some minor modifications too!

15. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I've been pondering how I might go about a new Hover War Tank build that can hopefully do much better then my former one I never really got to seriously test... but now after seeing the kinda goodies Incoming in 8.0, i'm seriously considering waiting till 8.0 before commencing Build...

dpburke2 likes this.
  16. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

So I was working on the upgrade to the Argos and I've got everything set when I realized I didn't leave enough room for the plant grow light. The fix would be an ugly kludge or I could move it but the only other place to stick the farm is in back in the engine room....which means I have to tear it all out and redo it. I *liked* that engine room. :(

17. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Can't you simply put only the light in its hole under whatever is up there?

18. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I can't remove the ceiling block because that's the roof and there's nothing above it. I can drop the floor in that spot but it doesn't work very well with the design. Does anyone know if the grow light would work with only one block of space between floor and ceiling if I left the middle space under the light empty?

Also, didn't someone post some pics of sideways grow plots and alternate placements for grow lights recently? I may need to get a bit creative here.

19. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

I'm pretty sure that while you can place grow plots sideways, you can't actually plant into them.

20. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

What if you just put a thin block or a window/ shutter upside-down on the roof? There is the smalles ramp block that is very thin, head-to-head with another one it makes an almost flat surface, in the worst case... unless the roof is already a slope!

I'm sure the light will not work if only 1 block high from the periphereal block ; the light looks like it's at a 45^ angle so it would miss the side growplots.

For "side blocks" I tried it and plants don't grow, in fact it's not even possible to put plants in the pots. The growing plots/ plants "remember" the original position/ rotation of the core.