What did you do in Empyrion today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slam Jones, Oct 17, 2015.

1. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

On my CV the bay door is always open when I go back into space. SP game.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

When i'm playing a Character that's a RPG Character or not intended to be a Avatar Representative of the RL me, I make them however it'll be fun for me. When they will be a Avatar Representative Character, like in Empyrion, i'd feel like I was being creepy if I misrepresented my own Gender Online. To each their own.

If there was a way to have a MP Character serving as my Avatar Representative & a separate SP only non-Avatar Representative Character for SP play (Including for play in my SP Creative Mode) only, i'd likely make the SP Character a gal too cause that Character Choice would be easier on the eyes. :p (If possible also with a RPG style Naming of the Character instead of the Steam Name.)

I'm like this too, partially because USING my Creations I like building is a big part of the reason I like Building in the first place & partially cause as an Asperger, I tend to have poor to no compatibility with other peep's 'Neurotypical* Strategies' & tend to NEED to use my own stuff to function & perform not crappily.

What the buggers are those greenish tank lookin things? I don't think i've ever seen those before... :confused:

*"Neurotypical" is a word us Head Problems peeps use to describe peeps with 'Normal Heads', aka no Mental Disorder or such, aka 'Normal People'. No offense or disrespect is intended by it, similar to the use of words like 'Jock' or 'Nerd'.

Necra and Iskar like this.
  3. Necra

Necra Commander

I dont consider my char a representative of me. The char us for my aesthetic pleasure. Its not even about the female avatar I prefer the females armor over the males.
    sidebyside.png

I like the pauldrons over the nothing, the coloration is more evenly distributed, she has vambraces, she also has extended shin guards, finally she has a utility belt, the male looks like a upright gorilla. The female isnt even really feminen, honestly if you got rid of the boobs she would look male. Try it, on your monitor cover her chest.

Hoodedswan and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. Tyrax Lightning

Fair Points indeed. Though i'll say 'Nay' on the boob removal. :p

Truthfully I have always thought the Male Character the way he was designed looked like he has '*****' written all over him. If he was Implemented in the game as an NPC as is, he would totally aptly be named "Barney" & would properly be a bumbling idiot.

For the Topic: Got a little more done on my CV. I dunno if this one is gonna be any better then my last build, but frankly what CAN I do when it's impossible for CVs to ever kill SVs without a LOT of help from Lag Rubber Banding + Luck or Ramming them head on + luck...?

Necra likes this.
  5. =TCR= Big_Red

You should have seen the male about a year ago. Big fat man. Lol

Tyrax Lightning and Necra like this.
  6. Baneus

Baneus Commander

Those are the fuel tanks from the pre-alpha, before the asset was customised.

Here's another pre-alpha shot of them

[​IMG]

7. Tyrax Lightning

Oh wow, interesting... must be before my time... aka before my Join Date into the Game & the Buying of it.

Many thanks for the info! :)

8. NafreiuX

NafreiuX Captain

Finished my first orbital station :) Soon I'll make a video and upload the blueprint to the workshop :)
    Alpha2.0_Deep_Space_Station_2016-06-28_09-50-42.png Alpha2.0_Deep_Space_Station_2016-06-28_09-51-19.png Alpha2.0_Deep_Space_Station_2016-06-28_09-51-43.png Alpha2.0_Deep_Space_Station_2016-06-28_09-52-01.png Alpha2.0_Deep_Space_Station_2016-06-28_09-52-26.png

9. Natoteorenzo

Natoteorenzo Lieutenant

So here am i sharing my under a mountain base , its pretty much scrapped as there was a starter planet server wipe today so , i didnt had the time to screenshot it in the mountain after several times i had been in it and had to move the stuff we had right into orbit . :(
    Moments before its gone , also contains some screenshot that i used for space orbit station color marking for crates .

Purely created in survival , measurements been off for sure !
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=710923549
    Pardon my bad taste of design , still getting used :p

10. =TCR= Big_Red

11. =TCR= Big_Red

Liked these tanks much better what we have now. They looked sci-fi.

12. NafreiuX

NafreiuX Captain

That's a good idea for a thread in suggestion section TCR :) You're right, current light settings don't support that. I noticed that the light is somehow tied to draw distance - the further you are from the light source the dimmer the object is lit:
    Alpha2.0_Deep_Space_Station_2016-06-28_13-18-39.png
    If only devs could increase the distance say to 60 m or introduce some kind of new lights (e.g. BA spotlights) that would definitely help :)
    If you don't mind I could create such suggestion mate :)

Tyrax Lightning, Krenios and Iskar like this.
  13. Iskar

Iskar Commander

14. NafreiuX

NafreiuX Captain

These are the docking bays for mid-sized and smaller CVs.
    The fork-like dockings on the front-back are for large CVs.

Tyrax Lightning and Iskar like this.
  15. CirrusMajor

CirrusMajor Commander

U no recognise the old fuel tanks? Methinks that guy was using Pre-Alpha versions...

16. =TCR= Big_Red

Some of us have tried in the past maybe you will have better luck. It's stuff like this that makes me so negative all the time. Some thing so simple but the devs just ignore it.

17. Necra

Necra Commander

I can see the appeal of base spot lights especially if your trying to build a cv construction yard, but I kinda like sv spotlight ships, also this is a good opportunity for innovation. After you make your construction yard, design a docking spotlight :D

18. =TCR= Big_Red

We do use SV's for spotlights. But if we are building planets trees new wildlife markplace etc. Let the SV spotlight be used on a BA. A simple fix for a big problem. Watch some of the old Startrek movies when the Enterprise is in drydock. Do you see any SV's lighting the work areas?

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  19. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I agree, and furthermore, these spot-blocks would be WAY wicked if they were positional. Once placed ,you could tilt and turn the lights so they aim a certain way.

20. Tyrax Lightning

I joined in late Pre-Alpha... maybe a monthish before Alpha hit, or somewhere around there.

Maybe someday we'll be able to switch between different Models of Devices with the Symbol & Texture Tool... they could be called "Device Textures". When in doubt, more options are better. :)

Which is even better, as ya can move this Spotlight to where ya need it thus need less total Lights to get the job, which is more CPU Friendly, which imho is worth it in exchange for it being much less lazy a way to get the job done. :)

Fixed. :p

My latest going ons is I worked on my CV yet some more... but was not satisfied with how it was turning out... so I tried some things... but no go, it was getting to be too low quality a Build to ever work. I gave up on that Body & blew it up & have started anew on a new strategy for a CV Transport.